Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fun and Frilly....

   That's kind of how I feel about the two cards I'm here to share with you now.  The first card is all about FUN...!  Lots of bright happy colors and a super cute little digi from By Lori Designs.   It was a card I started on first thing this morning, after being inspired by the colors in this week's challenge over at ColourQ.   Don't you just LOVE these awesome colors? 


  I sure do and I knew right away that I needed a fun and happy image and that's when I found little Rylee in my digi collection and thought she would be perfect.   I printed her out onto my favorite Cryogen cardstock and colored her with Copics and then simply picked out some matching papers from my scrap pile and put together this little SMILE card.

   I am also submitting my SMILE card to these challenges:
   My next card is the one I consider my 'Frilly' card and this is my attempt at creating a 'Shabby Chic' card, which is the challenge this week over at Bugaboo's Catch the Bug - Challenge Blog.   I have to admit, this is not a style that I have done often, so I do hope it's right.

   Oh and before I forget - I also wanted to let you all know that Bugaboo is having a SALE.....!!  My favorite word and I hit the store last night as soon as I heard about it.   Jodie is currently offering ALL images at 35% OFF!!    Woohoo!   I just LOVE sales!!  If you want to hop now, simply click HERE!!    I bought some super cute new Christmas images and those will be perfect for more cards.   Special NOTE to:  CELY - that cute little Crafting Nut image you had asked me about is back in the store and you'll find it HERE!!



    I started by picked out one of my favorite floral images from Bugaboo and it's one of the Flower Watering Can images that I love.  I also then decided to make it even more Chic, I would paper-piece some pretty pink paper as my watering can color and then color the rest with my Copics.   I then used my ABS to spray my doily pink and added my image on top with pop dots..  My background paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle and it's from an older retired collection called Sweet Love!  I thought it was really pretty and wrapped it in white lace trim before I adhered it to my card base.  I then added a Pink Skeleton leave, from my stash along with some tiny pink Prima Roses, a white glitter heart.    My final touch was the Pink Chandelier Garland, which I layered on top of pink leaf.  I really love how this turned out and it was way out of my comfort zone!  

   This card is also being submitted to each of these challenges and everyone is welcome to play along!
   That's it for now, but I may be back later with more!   There are lots of new challenges out there today and it's just a matter of figuring out which ones I can work on next!!   Wishing you ALL a great day and as always, Happy Crafting!!


9 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lisa these are two real cute cards loving the images and colours on both of them they look super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Ann Whitfield said...

Two great cards Lisa, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Lori said...

Lisa,
I love both of your cards. The colors and the image in the first one are just awesome. As for your shabby chic card for Bugaboo, I would say you completely nailed it. GREAT job...this is one of my favorite images too and the way you colored and paper pieced it is perfect. Love the additional lace and flowers too. Thanks so much for joining the Catch the But Challenge this week.
Lori

Annette said...

Wow, two really different cards, one so bright and happy and the other so soft and pretty. Love them both. Annette xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Lisa....you are on the money with this shabby chic card....it's beautiful. Amazing how you turned a pretty simple lovely image of some flowers into a beautiful card.

Anita S. said...

Very cute card. That image is so sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

Tanya R said...

Such a pretty and delicate card. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Kiki said...

Wow, such a fantastic creation! So girlie with loads of pink and lovely details!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at SAM.

Hugs, Kiki

sgc said...

Your shabby chic card is perfect! I LOVE it! Thanks for playing along in the Bugaboo Challenge.

A Little About Me

My Photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I now live with. I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex who is now 22, and Brian amazingly is 27, now happily married to Meghan, my new "daughter" and living across the country in beautiful San Diego. I miss them so much and am looking forward to visiting them again soon. Hubby, me and our three "Pups" (Scout, a Senior Male Dachshund, along with Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies, who we rescued in 2013), all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. I am very lucky to be blessed with wonderful friends and I adore and cherish each of my friends as much as my family! I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and my own little form of therapy. I also enjoy taking online card classes and technique classes at my LSS. Some day, I hope to get away from the cold New England winters and would love to live in a much warmer year round climate. Maybe even San Diego, but never too far from the ocean.