Sunday, February 9, 2014

...Spring and then back to winter....

...after the lovely bright sunshine, which can almost make you think that Spring might be coming, we are back into the cold and gray days of winter and even had a dusting of snow, again overnight.  On top of that there is even MORE of that silly snow coming tonight, but the good news is that it's not going to be the major "Nor'easter" that they were thinking it could be earlier in the week.

    I'm so ready for spring and can't wait for all this snow to be melted away.   I'm very happy that February is already going by fairly fast and know that it won't be too much longer...the upside is that we are slowly heading into my favorite seasons and that's much better than when we are heading into Winter.

    I had a lot of fun in yesterday's Scramble at Hero Arts and am happy to share those cards today, along with another new one I have for the current MUSE challenge, which I am starting with first.  When I started this card, I knew that I not only want to use the MUSE card that designed by Vicki Dutcher, I also wanted to make a card that would work for the current "Have a Heart" themed Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.

  First, let me start by sharing Vicki's wonderful MUSE card.  She's an amazing designers and before she was on the MUSE DT, she often played in the challenge and was one who received many of my votes, now it's harder and harder every week to vote because they are so many awesome cards.

MUSE Card by Vicki

My Card

   I decided to create a card using Vicki's design and theme, but then changed around the colors and some of the elements.   I wanted to use this wonderful new Heart Doily Die, which is one of the SSS Exclusives.  I also used one of my favorite colors "Pool" by Hero Arts, which was used for my card base, as well as my heart.  My patterned papers are lefts overs from my stash and my Sentiment is one I love from a new set by Reverse Confetti

   The next two cards are both Valentine's and both were inspired by a very creative 90 Minute Scramble theme that Barb hosted yesterday at the Flickr Group.   Here challenge was for us to created a card, using the colors "Pink and Silver" -- the only other colors allowed were black, Kraft and white. As always in any Hero Scramble, it's a requirement to use at least ONE Hero Stamp as a main imagine on your card, and the last part of this challenge was to also include at least one heart, but you did NOT have to create a Valentine.   If you would like to see all the amazing cards that were created, please go HERE!!  I quickly learned that I LOVE this color combination and it's makes such pretty cards.  

    I was able to create two cards in the time frame, which is always my goal and something that I try to do each time and this time I started by picking out my Background Stamp, which is a large cling called "Heartfelt Background - CG404".  I stamped it in Hero's Silver Shadow ink and then quickly coated in clear embossed powder and heat set it.  I also stamped a second section in some Rose Bud Pink ink, which is one of my favorite pinks, by Memento Luxe.  This too, was heat embossed in clear and then I hand cut the heart section and added it to front on my card.   My sentiment is also from Hero Arts (CL586 - XO), and was also stamped and embossed with the same pretty ink. The two small hearts are from another clear set (CL673 Love Jar), which I added at the end, with a tiny bit of pink bling!  


  My second card, was created using the same background stamps, and again, I heat embossed it and then cut this one down a bit and matted it on white and then onto a Pink card base.   The die cut is called Renaissance Heart and is from Hero Arts.  I started that by taking another piece of pink cardstock and using the same Pink Luxe Ink, I stamped it with the Tiny Flags wooden stamp, one of my newest favorites from Hero.  One it was dry I put it in my Vagabond and quickly had this pretty heart all done.  I created my Sentiment, us the same XO clear stamp set and completed my card by adding some Hero Diamond Gems on top of my heart -- it's cool how they took on a rainbow look when I took my photo, and it makes them look as if they are all different colors!!   

  
   This card is also being entered into the newest challenge over at Die Cut Diva's Challenge which you'll find HERE!  The theme this month is "Girl's Night Out" with a twist of Pink.  You must make a pretty "girlie girl" style card, using the color pink at at least one die cut!!  

   I actually finished up one more card, but that one is a "Secret" for now --- you'll simply have to stay tuned for more details on that!!   I can say that it was a really fun card to make and it includes my favorite color?   Hum?   Does that you have thinking?   I know it would me, since I tend to be one who is very curious!  

9 comments:

  1. I know purple's your favourite, but aqua is mine (at least one of my favourites!) Love the fresh feel of your Muse card - thanks so much for joining us this week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delightful!

    What a delightful card. So glad you could join us for the Die Cut Divas' challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the Heartfelt Sympathy card - the colours are gorgeous and the die cut heart works with it so well. Nice take on the MUSE card!

    BTW - really like the Valentine cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspired card! Thanks so much for joining in with Muse! [thanks for the shout out too! :)]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! Love your take on Vicki's card, love that pool! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I really like the pink on the gray! So glad you could join us at the Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute cards! And you may want to stop by the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog today to check out the winner's post! :) Have a Happy! http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/winner-post-2/

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the cards are just lovely Lisa and your last card is certainly perfect for our challenge at Die Cut Divas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just noticed that you won the "Have a Heart" challenge from a couple of weeks ago at SSS, Lisa! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some LOVE!!

Hugs,
Lisa

A Little About Me

My Photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I now live with. I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex who is now 22, and Brian amazingly is 27, now happily married to Meghan, my new "daughter" and living across the country in beautiful San Diego. I miss them so much and am looking forward to visiting them again soon. Hubby, me and our three "Pups" (Scout, a Senior Male Dachshund, along with Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies, who we rescued in 2013), all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. I am very lucky to be blessed with wonderful friends and I adore and cherish each of my friends as much as my family! I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and my own little form of therapy. I also enjoy taking online card classes and technique classes at my LSS. Some day, I hope to get away from the cold New England winters and would love to live in a much warmer year round climate. Maybe even San Diego, but never too far from the ocean.