Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Sunday....

...and to me it's not necessarily all about football!!  I am excited because I have had a really great day and accomplished a lot of things I had wanted to do.  Woohoo!!

   My day started by giving all of the dogs a nice bath, not that they really thought it was so nice, but overall they all did well and now they are all super soft and clean and smell with Watermelons!!   I typically send Scout to a Groomer, but since he had a seizure again last week, I'm not comfy in doing that and he is the one who needs his baths the most...!  The old guy can get kind of stinky, whereas the girls stay clear and near!!  LOL!!

   One that was done I did my chores and thankfully Hubby was home and did four load of laundry, which was a huge help.  Now, we are totally caught up and even thought that will last about a day, it's always nice when it's all done and put away. I also took a long leisurely shower, which really felt good after bathing the pups, even though I pretty much ran out of hot water at the end.

   My next big accomplishment was hitting my craft desk and getting to work on some really cool new challenges, as well as my card for this month's Card Chain, which is a swap I do with craft gals from all over the world.  It's hosted by Deborah, on her SOS blog and is something she has been doing for a few years. I've only recently started to join it, and I really love it.   If you are interested in playing along or finding out more about it, please head over to her blog HERE, where you will see the Card Reveal for January!!!   The sign up for February is direct below and you can contact Deb for any other details, she's awesome!  THis is the card that I created in January, based the color combo!  My card was sent to Linda in Indiana!!


  For February, we have a new color combo, or you can also pick from a variety of themes or even base your card on a sketch.  I can't share my card now, as I don't want to ruin the surprise for the recipient, but I am happy to have it done and can tell you that I did use the Color Combo and the Sketch for February!!   We wont' be assigned names until the 15th, but it is required that you have your card done and emailed to Deb before that time.  You also need to mail you card pretty much as soon as the names are posted, so it's always wise to get them done early!

   My next card was created for the brand new challenge over a FUSION, where you have the choice of using a sketch or the photo inspiration that is provided for each challenge and of course, you can also "FUSE" them both together which is what it did for my card.  I'm also sharing a copy of the "FUSION" below and hope you'll play too.  

Fusion # 3

My Card


   This is probably one of the quickest and easiest cards I have created and I am very proud of myself for learning more and more every week about how to create "Clean and Simple" cards and about how sometimes, less can be best.   As soon as I saw the FUSION, I had the idea right away to use my new "heart string" die, which is from Penny Black and one I bought at my LSS on Tuesday.  We have used it for one of the cards in class and I loved it, so I had to bring one home  I cute it from Red "Punch" Hero Layering Paper and also used the same sheet to create my card base.  I then added one a layer of white cardstock and stamped on my Sentiment in red, which is from a new Hero Arts set that I absolutely LOVE.  I am loving the font style from this set and have already used it a few times.  It's from the newest release and is called "Messages with Flourish" - CL 738.   I then added a few little gems to finish off my card.

  In addition to the FUSION Challenge, this card was also created and inspired by the new LOVE themed challenge over at "Addicted to CAS", another of my favorite "Clean and Simple" card challenges!!


   Next, I worked on another very Clean and Simple card and this one is for this week's "Cas(E) this Sketch CHallenge".   I am also sharing a copy of the sketch for you too see.


My Card

  This card was basically created from a variety of "card scraps" that I pulled out of my scrap in.  I started with a simply whit card base and then added on a pretty light sage free top.  Next, I pulled out some matching patterned paper and cute the diagonal strip that runs down the front.  I also grabbed another piece to cut the yellow strips, which matches with the center that is adorned with tiny white and yellow hearts.  I'm sorry that I can't tell you exactly with company made this paper, but I do believe it was left over from one of my Simon Says Stamp monthly card kits??  The "Love you" die cut Sentiment is from SSS and it's another of their fabulous exclusive dies, created in Kristina Werner's fabulous handwriting!!!! Love love love!!

  And next is a card for Operation Write Home, that was created using today's weekly sketch, which you can find over at the Stars & Stamps Blog HERE!!  They host a sketch challenge every Sunday and it's always been one of my favorites.  This week we are working with Sketch #210, which I am also sharing below!!  I loved it form the moment I saw it and was able to make this card in a matter of about 15 minutes, using elements that were pretty much on my desk, from all the other cards I have been working on today!!

Sketch #210


210

My Card

  As this point, I was still excited to continue and actually created two more cards.  The first is for the brand new "Birthday" Challenge be hosted by Hero Arts.  There are several "birthday" themes that you can select to use for your card, or you can also create a paper projects that would be perfect for "party decor".    You can find all the details over on the Hero Blog HERE!!   Other than created a Birthday card (or Party Decor), the only other rule is that you must use at least ONE Hero Arts Stamp on your project.   For my card I actually used two and started with one of my new Background Stamps, which is a very popular wooden stamp called "Tiny Flags".   Today is actually the first time I've used this stamp and I know I'm going to love it.  I wanted to go with the "Metallic" them and started by inking the stamp with Versamark and then added a nice layer of a Ranger Embossing Powder in a new color, (or I should say, new to me), called Liquid Platinum.  I saw a great video that Jennifer McGuire shared recently, about how much she loves this color and she even compared it to Silver so that you could see the difference.  It's almost like it takes on a gold or silver-like tone depending on the lighting and that's another thing I loved about it.    this color and immediately ordered it the same day.  I love how it's so unique in color and think it will be one I'll use often.   


   I heat embossed my "flag background" onto a piece of Hero's Red "Punch" Layering Paper and then die cut a second piece to match and dry embossed that in my Cuttlebug.  I layered both pieces onto some shiny black lustre cardstock and then created my "Happy Birthday" Sentiment, on another scraps of red cardstock using the wonderful "Messages with Flourish" stamp set that used on an earlier card.  To to finish it off I added a few black sequins and also rounded the corners of my card. 

  Here is a slight different close up view that shows more of how this cool Liquid Platinum embossing powder looks once it's heat set!!


  And that brings me to my final card of the day, which I just realized was also done in a red, black and white color combo, again because I am using lots of the papers and pieces of cardstock and such that is now piled high on my desk.  This card is also another new Birthday Card and was created for the new "Sketch Inspired" Challenge (Sketch for you to Try - SFYTT), hosted over at Reverse Confetti.  This is a copy of the sketch that inspired my card.

SFYTT #9
SFYTT9_Feb14

My Card

  I started this card with a deep grey card based and used my "Tag Me" die set (from Reverse Confetti) to cut the large black and white tag.  I love that this tag set even comes with a little die for the tag hole, which I now love to add in a contrasting color.  I then pulled out some red and black cardstock to create the other layers and then adhered them directly to my card front.  The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti's "Lot to Say" set and was stamped directly to my card front in Versamark and then heat embossed in Black Sparkly powder from Ranger.

  And now, I am a tired girl, so I don't expect that I be awake to watch the entire Super Bowl, but that's okay with me, because my team, sadly, is not playing.  But, I do want to catch some of those new "commercials" and hope to make it to Half Time and see the show.  In the meantime, I'll be watch the Puppy Bowl over at ANimal Planet!!

   To those of you who have a team playing tonight -- Good Luck and may the best team win.  I am routing for the Seahawk's as I tend to like to hope the underdogs can win!!   

16 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious, you had a busy day! Funny how one day spent doing laundry only lasts a day or so, isn't it? Mount Washmore to be sure. :) Pretty, pretty cards. Love your OWH sketch card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all great cards - especially like the one you did for Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tons of work going on here including bathing the babies. I did that Thursday night. Mine are not crazy about it but they behave rather well anyway. These are all beautiful cards. The more time you spend in your craftroom the more nice cards we get to view from you. Enjoy the week ahead with this snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you have been creative, what a fab collection of cards and I do love you CAS heart card, all that white space and pops of red, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also love the Fusion card - but the sentiment you used,"love you" doesn't seem to be included in the Hero Arts CL738 (Messages with Flourish) set as stated. Can you clarify and help me find it? So simple, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, Lisa, what a ton of creativity and inspiration you have provided to your readers with this post! AWE-mazing! I especially love the CASlicious chain of hearts card you made for Fusion!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a fun and lovely parade of cards, WOW WOW!!!

    Love your streamer heart banner card for FUSION!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at FUSION! Hope you can play along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many cards, you've been busy. I love them all, but especially the one for Case This Sketch. The soft colors and delicate sentiment really blew me away.

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  9. A plethora of yummy cards as always, Lisa! I LOVE your use of scraps on your CAS(E) This Sketch card. Love how the yellow strips make the little hearts pop and that sentiment die cut has jumped right onto my wish list! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these all look great! I especially love the one you created for CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talk about some serious amazing! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you've been busy!! I love these cards, amazing work! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Lisa, so many cards and all are so lovely. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, my goodness - so many cards - I came over here for your fusion card and I found a treasure trough of cards - just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! So many beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some LOVE!!

Hugs,
Lisa

A Little About Me

My Photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I now live with. I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex who is now 22, and Brian amazingly is 27, now happily married to Meghan, my new "daughter" and living across the country in beautiful San Diego. I miss them so much and am looking forward to visiting them again soon. Hubby, me and our three "Pups" (Scout, a Senior Male Dachshund, along with Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies, who we rescued in 2013), all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. I am very lucky to be blessed with wonderful friends and I adore and cherish each of my friends as much as my family! I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and my own little form of therapy. I also enjoy taking online card classes and technique classes at my LSS. Some day, I hope to get away from the cold New England winters and would love to live in a much warmer year round climate. Maybe even San Diego, but never too far from the ocean.