Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ooops! Forgot my blog??

....I don't know what I have been doing lately, but I've been very busy....! So much so, that I haven't even updated my BLOG! A lot of my time has been spent in my Craft Room and it's truly my greatest LOVE!

The card (below) is one I completed this week for a "Ribbon" card challenge in the Q Scappers Group and it was quite a challenge! I did like the final version, but this was my third attempt!! LOL!!



The days are flying by and I can hardly believe the Summer is almost over and that Alex is going back to school on Tuesday!

I LOVE Summer so much, but I have to admit I was really getting burnt out a bit too much by all the hot and humid days and it's been nice to have the AC's off now and the windows open...nice cool air, too bad it's also pouring rain.

It's now about 4:30 on Saturday and Alex and Pack are both working. DH should be home soon and will likely have groceries, to get put away...it's been such a nasty day. A good crafting day and that's what I have been doing. Patty came over for awhile and she brought over her new Flower Soft kit and worked on some of the Christmas Cards, they look super cute and I'll look forward to working on mine. I've been working on the "BRAD" Card Challenge for the Scrapper Group and have also been playing the Cricut Design Studio and SCl...both of which I broke down and bought this week!

Happily, I bought them after finding I liked them BOTH and just could NOT pick one over the other..they both have different benefits. I also bought two Cricut Cartridges on sale at Kim's store today, which was a great deal.

I'm NOW officially going on the CRAFT WAGON on September 1st! Time to stop spending on me.....start focusing on saving and getting ready for the Holidays!!

So, that's it for today...leaving you with some pictures of my garden, as we wind down on Summer....! The first one was early Summer and the last one...is late summer...long after those gorgeous pansies were gone...


No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".