Needless to say, this is the final stop of his enlistment and as much as I have tried to accept this choice, I'm still worried. Heck, I'm not even thrilled about him being in Boston for the night-- I can only imagine how I will feel the day he leaves for Basic? ARGH! Letting your children grow up and go is hard.
Wish me luck -- as I'm am struggling with this and know that it will be hard to keep him off my mind for the day and night. Luckily, I know deep down that he'll be fine, but I am the type who always wants to know exactly where my family is, so this is a huge adjustment for me. I have a feeling I won't sleep too well tonight wondering if he has a good roommate, or even if he has a roommate. Is the hotel nice, clean and safe. Are they providing him with meals? But, I also know how self sufficent and independent his is, so I really have no reason to worry. I am so very proud of him for making the choice to serve and protect our country and it truly is a honor, but, it's been and adjustment for me...as as proud as I am....I just pray this is the right choice.
I am going to be keeping myself VERY busy for the next day, while he is off and my first plan is to start working on more cards for OWH. Alex's choice to enter the Air Force is one of the reason I started creating cards for OWH and I'm very happy to do my little part to help out. As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to start on a card, based on the sketch below -
This challenge, like ALL the Stars and Stamps Challenges are open to all, so please feel free to join in. You can find all the details over at the Stars and Stamps Blog, along with some fabulous inspirational cards, created by Holley. I really enjoy being apart of this group and it's been fun. I think it will also be a very supportive group for me, especially when Alex heads off to Basic Training.
And before I go, I wanted to share a two more cards I finished up last night. I had a great day of crafting and plan to do the same today. One thing I can say is that I totally enjoy cardmaking and it's been a wonderful hobby for me. It's keeps me very busy and the times flies by whenever I am in my craft room. I think I'll plan to be in here a lot for the next day!! It's exactly what I need to keep me very distracted! :)
Hope you all have a wonderful day !!

3 comments:
Lisa, I'll be thinking of you today. I'll keep your son in my prayers. Your cards are both really cute. Love the bright and cheery sunflowers.
Thank you Linda! I know in my heart he will be fine, but I will always worry...that's what Moms do! I LOVE both my boys so much and would be lost without them! :)
Ah Lisa, thinking of you and keeping your son in my prayers.
Post a Comment