Today is a very special day for and and I wanted to take a minute to share it with all my craft friends. I am very excited to be this week's Featured Cardmaker over at OWH's Stars and Stamps Blog. My special thanks to Paula for contacting me about this wonderful honor. I'm very happy and truly feel very proud to be a member of Operation Write Home and love doing my little part to let our heroes know how much we value and appreciate their service.
As many of you know I have been creating cards for Operation Write Home for the past two years and find it a wonderful way to say THANK YOU to those who proudly protect and serve our country. I also love to take part in their challenges and my two favorites have always been the Midweek Throwdown, which is hosted every Wednesday, as well as the weekly Sketch Challenge, hosted each Sunday.
I would also like to invite and encourage all of my card-maker friends to consider being a member of this fabulous group. Even if you only have a time to make a few cards each week or month, they will all be greatly appreciated. You can even send me your cards and I'll be happy to Stamp and Tuck them and include them in my next shipment!! If you think this is something you'd like to do or if you want more details about being a card-maker for OWH, please go here!! If you are not a card-maker, but would like to help out, donations are also greatly appreciated and you can donate directly from the main site, simply go HERE!!
I hope you'll consider joining us and know you won't be disappointed! If you need more inspiration, you can find it here! I think you'll be very happy you joined this group! You also find us on Facebook and we welcome you to stop by and visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".
6 comments:
Thanks for giving this great shout out to OWH Lisa. You are so right too when you say that even a few cards can make a difference. I'd hate to see anyone not participate because they feel they'd have to commit a huge amount. It all adds uo!
Wow! A fellow card-maker from the North Shore. I'm in Marblehead, MA. I'm thrilled to find you. I love your style. Do you ever frequent Absolutely Everything in Topsfield? One of my favorite places...
Hi, Lisa! It was fun to see your feature at OWH! I also took the Clean & Simple Class. You have made some great cards and I really enjoyed seeing them at OWH today!
Thank you for sharing your talent on OWH! I am your newest stalker... errr, follower and look forward to seeing more of your lovely cards. I live with fibro also and send warm gentle hugs your way!
Lisa,
Beautiful cards! And, such a nice shout out to OWH.
It's easy to see why you've been selected to be a featured card maker.
Congratulations for having your cards featured! I'm proud of ya!! :)
Post a Comment