I am most excited about having my plans all set to travel down to Baltimore in May to meet up with a great group of Craft friends. I have been looking forward to the chance to meet some of these gals for a very long time and I'm so happy that all of our plans are working out. I found great flights on Jet Blue and have already bought my tickets and will be booking my hotel next!! Yippee!!
I also had a great time taking another fun technique class at my LSS (Absolutely Everything) on Tuesday and this week we worked with using a variety of Distress products to create five new tags, as shown below. I really loved the tag that was created with foil and alcohol inks and that's something I know I'll do again. We also found out that day that Tim Holtz will be coming to the store to teach a weekend of classes in May. But, as it turns out, that's the same weekend I'm away, so I'll miss out this time. And for me that's really okay, because I know I'm going to have a great time and I'll be taking a Copic Class with Suzanne Dean, which is awesome!
These are ALL of the Tags in have created to date in the:
Ink, Paint Techniques classes!
Oh, and speaking of awesome classes, I was thrilled to hear that Dyan Reaveley will be coming in July to teach a weekend of her classes and I can't wait to sign up for one of those. I saw a great video she had done whuke at CHA and I just LOVE the bright colors of her Dylusions. I also bought my first set of stamps while at the store on Tuesday and can't wait to play with them!
I was also thrilled to see brand new Memory Box - What's in the Box release had hit my store and I now have a favorite new set of papers -- called Viola, which I absolutely LOVE! Not to mention five wonderful new dies that I have added to my every growing collection. Stay tuned for more cards that showcase these awesome dies and the gorgeous Viola per. I bought two 6X6 sets and a dozen 12X12 papers in my favorite designs! Below are a few of the first cards I have creating with this awesome new paper!!
The stamp on this card is also from the same
collection and is called Drift Flowers!!
The card above was created for this week's Color Combo Challenge over at The Outlawz and I used one of my favorite papers from the Viola Collection, along with the same wonderful stamps. The colors for this week's challenge go perfectly with the Viola Papers.
My next card is also for this week's Greeting Card Challenge, also being hosted at The Outlawz and this card I made today as a THANK YOU for 'Anything Goes'. I wanted to give a BIG shout out to Colleen to thank HER for all the hard work she's been doing to arrange the Getaway weekend! Yippee! Thank so much Colleen, I know you spent a lot of time on this, and know you'll make it a great weekend for ALL!!
I had this gorgeous Japanese paper in my stash and totally LOVE the colors (so much prettier in person). I also bought some really nice matching cardstock that has a hint of shimmer. I put both together, and then created a matching sentiment. The die cute is another one from Memory Box and that was cut twice to add more dimension in a color that matched. Below is another view of the card that shows the colors a bit better.
I have one more Challenge card to share and this again was created for today's new Twisted Thursday Challenge, where we have been inspired to create Masculine Cards. I started by taking out my new Hero Arts set, which is one that is perfect for my OWH cards and also has great sentiments for the guys.
I started out with a deep gray card base, knowing I wanted to use the Sentiment that says "Hello Handsome". Next, I picked out another paper from the fabulous Viola Set (Black with white dots) and cut it down to fit the front of the card. I then punched out two (2") circles from some white scrap cardstock. I then used some Weathered Wood Distress Ink and embossed each with the same Cuttlebug folder. The top one was embossed first and then inked and the bottom was done the opposite, inked first and then embossed, for two different looks. The little stars were punched from the same inks paper. It was a fun, yet very easy card to create. This card will be added to the next package I send out to Operation Write Home.
And and speaking of OWH, I am very excited to have shipped over another package of 30 cards yesterday. My total so far for 2012 is 55 cards and $20 in cash donations for postage/supplies. My goal for 2012 was to send at least 150 cards and I can keep up this well, I will easily break that record! Woohoo!! Here is a picture of the cards I sent yesterday. I also stamped and tucked each one, in a effort to make it easier for Caro, (my shipper)!
I wanted to again invite any and all of you to consider donating cards to this wonderful group. As you can see, many of the cards that I donate are cards that I originally created and entered into challenges. I love to take part in challenges and also to take classes, so I quickly end up with several new cards each week. and never knew what to do with all the cards. That's when I found OWH and found the perfect place for me to send them! I LOVE helping out this group and it's also so inspiring when you read about a family who received a card that was created by an OWH Member. If you take part in lots of challenges and have cards piling up in your craft-room, I'm sure they could be put to good use! For more details on helping out, please visit the Operation Write Home for more details HERE!
I'm off now to pick up some of my mess and to start working on a new page in my SMASH Book. We have a fun "We are Smashin'.." group over at CMC and have a new LOVE inspired challenge for February! I'm thinking that I want to try something fun or similar to the amazing journal pages that Dyan created in this awesome Video!!!
Hope you week is going as well as mine! It's really exciting to have a trip planned and a long time, since I've been away. I think we all will have a wonderful weekend and I'm so excited to finally meet these amazing ladies! YIPPEE!!!





4 comments:
Wow! You have been busy! Great stuff !
So many lovelies!!! you have been busy - sounds like you are gearing up for a fun time with your crafting buddies, very exciting.
Sandy
My head is spinning with the huge post. How busy you must be but your new goodies are perfect eye candy for all that you do. Love those tags.
One busy crafter. Blog is loaded with techniques and beautiful DP. I am especially drawn to the black/white DP. I will be casing this design. so stunning just CAS. TFS. Congrats on going to the retreat. Hugs
Post a Comment