If you feel you have lost a bit of your Mojo, like me, then there is a brand new challenge now being hosted every week over at the "A Blog Named Hero's Flickr Group". It started last week and a will run on this schedule and we are currently on Week Two, making this week a color combo challenge! For all the details, please hop on over HERE and I hope I can inspire you to play along.
This is a copy of the color inspiration that the girls provided for this week's challenge. Isn't this one pretty cake...! I wonder if it's chocolate, my favorite!! Yummy!!
And this is the card that I created for the challenge using one of my favorite Hero Arts Cling Sets, which is Butterflies CG130. I started by stamping the butterflies a few times on white cardstock and then colored them in sets of two, knowing I wanted another set for a second card. I then cut out two and layered them on top of the other two which I had stamped directly on my patterned paper. I added some yellow and gray, the challenge colors and a cute Thanks stamp from Paper Smooches. Once I put everything together, this is the card I had for the new challenge.
For my second card, I used the same Butterfly Stamp, as I am also planning to submit this card to the new "Stretch Your Stamps" challenge being hosted over at A Blog Name Hero. It is also the name of the very next class I'm taking, which starts on July 9th. If you love this idea or want to take a fantastic class, please go HERE for all the details. It's being hosted in the Online Card Classroom which was created by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.
This time I changed up the colors a little bit and colored one butterfly twice and then simply used a circle punch to punch it out and layered onto some cardstock and a doily. It's much more of a CAS Style card and was very easy to create. It's also another example of how you can easily use one stamp and come up with two different looks and that's exactly the idea behind the challenge and also the upcoming class!!
I am also submitting this card to the new "Greeting Card" Challenge being hosted this week at "The Outlawz". You can find all the details HERE and I encourage everyone to play along!! Here is one last picture of both cards together, to show the differences! Fun!!
Update: I want right back to my desk and picked up this cute little Angel digi that I had started coloring yesterday. It's another sweet image from Bugaboo and is actually a fun little "Raggedy Angel". Once I finished the coloring, I found a cute star stamp in one of my Hero Sets and stamped it in red several times on yellow cardstock to create my card base. I then simply layered this little cuties onto matching cardstock and popped her up on top! Overall, I am more pleased with this card, and very happy that I tried again!!

8 comments:
Two stunning cards! The first card is gorgeous with your inspiration photo! I'm thinking that the cake must be chocolate too! Oh my Yum!
I hope that your feeling better and that you have fun playing!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl
All three cards are so cute, Lisa! Glad the temps have cooled and you feel better! You've definitely got your mojo back!
Great cards Lisa! Thank you so much for promoting our challenge. It means sooooo much! :) I am so happy you're enjoying them. HUGS!
Super cute cards Lisa!!!! Hope you have a great 4th!!! Miss-ya! :D
Really lovely cards! Great job incorporating the Flickr challenge, as well. :) Thanks you for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero!
Both are gorgeous Lisa. Love those butterflies! Thanks for playing along with the Stretch Your Stamps challenge on A Blog Named Hero!
what a fun inspiration image, I like that first card, the color combo is perfect!
Sharing bloggy love, visiting from A Blog Named Hero
xo, Kristina
Come visit and say hello!
www.pearlgateway.com
the love the butterflies you stretched for our challenge, thanks so much for joining in :)
Post a Comment