Sunday, October 21, 2012

Another creative Sunday!!

   Happy Sunday !  Can you believe another week has flown by....?  Yikes where does the time go?  On top of that it's getting close to the end of the month and November will be here before you know it.  I guess I really need to get going on my Christmas cards and my shopping too.  I used to be one who had almost all my gifts bought and wrapped before Thanksgiving, but now, that rarely happens!!!

   Today, has turned out to be a very fun and productive day for me in my craft room.  I'm very excited to be here to share some new cards and also tell you about some other fun craft-related news.   I met another goal in helping others this week and finished up a package of Christmas Cards for the wonderful card drive "Caring Hearts Card Drive" being hosted by Vera Yates.  If you love to create cards and can help out, please go HERE to read all the details on Vera's Blog!   It's a wonderful cause and one of the best things about cards is how happy make people, so every little card can help!!


    And if you happen to love to help out year round or often find you have lots of extra cards from playing in Challenges - I would like to suggest that you consider donating them to Operation Write Home and you can find all the details on supporting that wonderful group on their blog HERE!!   Speaking of which I love to play in their weekly challenges, and my favorite is always the Sunday Sketch Challenge, which you'll find here  This week, I made a super cute and fun Halloween Card and although it's too late for this year, I will likely save it for a batch I sent for new year!   Keep in mind that creep or death like cards are not at all appropriate for OWH, but a sweet card like this would be perfect for a Soldier's child!!   This is a copy of our sketch for this week and I hope you'll consider playing along -- My cute little digi is from Pink Gem Designs!

Sketch # 143


My Card

       My next card is also another fun little Halloween inspired card and this card was created d by the new Copic/Alcohol Marker Challenge hosted every Friday at The Outlawz.  Our theme this week was a choice of Halloween or Fall Colors  and I went with the Halloween theme and colored up with cute little card for the challenge.  


 This fun little Halloween digi image is from A Day for Daisies and it's once I have owned for a couple of years. I have always admire the wonderful artistic skills that Tammy has in drawing her amazing images  I also LOVE the wonderful image - Blossoms for A Cause - that Tammy gifted to everyone this week for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  Thank you for another wonderful image - I am looking forward to using it on a card later this week!  If you would like one of your own, please visit the A Day for Daisies Store HERE!!

   I also have this fun Fall-Themed card that was created for today's new "Clean and Simple" Challenge, also hosted at The Outlawz.  This week the girls has asked us to created cards using a Fall-Themed colors, but to limit our choice to three of these colors - Red, Brown, Yellow, Green and Orange -- I chose to use Orange, Yellow and Brown along with another digital images, this one being from MelJen Designs.  This card was also colored with Copics and could also have been used for the Copic Challenge.



  And next we have another really fun and cute Halloween card which I created using my wonderful Silhouette Cameo along with a cute cut file I bought at the Silhouette Store.   Instead of cutting mine on a variety of colored cardstocks, I used the Paint and Pattern fill options and turned the image into a new Print and Cut file.  This card was created for the brand new Silhouette Challenge at The Cameo Spotlight, where were are now working on Challenge #6 - Halloween


  As you can see I used a black and white polka dotted patterned fill for both her hat and hair and then filled her face and nose in with shades of green.   I did not cut the eyes that were part of the file, and instead using my own googly eyes, which I love for the extra dimension.   You can find the original image in the Silhouette Store HERE!!   If you hurry you can buy it now on sale too, as ALL the Halloween images are on sale for 75 cents through the end of the month!  :) 

   I also have one more card that was created and inspired by Saturday's Paper a la Mode Challenge, also hosted at The Outlawz and this week, our challenge is called "Inspired by Nature" which you can use in any way you like!   I thought immediately of Spring, because our weather has been so warm and nice for the past two days and that had me back to using one of my favorite Hero Arts Background stamps (Large Lotus Pattern) and an assortment of inks to create this bright and fun floral inspired card.


    And speaking of Hero Arts -- I am very happy and excited to be hosting my very first 90-Minute Scramble which will be played next Saturday, October 27th, at 3 PM - Eastern Time.  You can find all the details over at the Hero Arts Flickr Group and EVERYONE is welcome to play along and this fun group is also open to anyone who has a love for Hero Arts products!!   I have some fun prizes that I'll be giving out and Hero Arts also donates a digital prize to one lucky winner!   These scrambles are a lot of fun and everyone always comes up with some fantastic card.  If you would like more details of how the Scrambles works, please go to the Flickr Group and read this thread!!!   

    Phew....that was a long post and now I'm beat!   Heading back to my desk, to clean up this mess?   Tell me, does your desk always end up looking like this, after you create?   I start off with a clean desk every day, but Yikes...what a MESS I have now!!




18 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Love your OWH sketch card. Great colors.

Sara I. said...

Adorable cards, Lis!! What an awesome Sunday it looks like you had - nothing better than crafting the day away! xx

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Love your trick or treater image - so cute!

Carol L said...

You're on a Halloween roll Lisa! What a great collection of cards! I love those cute images you chose, and especially the card with the googlie eyes :) It's great to have a great craft day, even if it does result in a huge mess! Likewise here for me too :)
I mailed my cards off to Vera last Friday - thanks for posting the reminder again this year!

Linda said...

Wow...so many awesome cards! Your pumpkin and blue cards are my two favs of the bunch! I wish my desk looked half as good! tfs!!!

Jen M said...

Great cards, Lisa! I love your sketch card! Have fun with your scramble...and that messy desk is not messy.. Lol

JoAnn Ross said...

Wow, you were really busy! And what an eclectic batch of cards! I couldn't begin to pick a favorite, but the witch with the googly eyes is too funny and the blue flowers are absolutely lovely! Most of my card and stack stuff is in cabinets and shelves in my office, and my computer's on my desk, so I usually take up the kitchen island bar. Today I even spread out onto the table.

ThePurplePlace said...

I'm so happy that you also created cards for Vera! Mine are in my mailbox right now and will be picked up by my wonderful MailLady today! :)

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Lisa! You certainly did have a creative Sunday!! Gorgeous cards--I keep going back to that completely adorable little vampire! Great job, as always. Have a good week!

Julie said...

Great cards, Lisa! Love that cute little trick-or-treater! Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!

StampTramps said...

What a great batch of cards! Your coloring is amazing and I am really drawn to your last card!!!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Wow Lisa, what an amazing array of cards! Really like how you made the trick or treater the focal point of the sketch. But the witch with the googlie eyes just stole my heart.

Missy said...

Your projects are all terrific, I really like the wiggle eyes on the 2nd to last one!!

BobbisTreasure said...

Great use of the OWH sketch! Wonderful coloring job, too!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks so MUCH for all the wonderful comments! You made my DAY!!!

??? said...

Love the witch with HUGE googly eyes! Fun cards Lisa! So glad you played along with us over at The Cameo Spotlight! :)

Nina Yang said...

Oh Lisa, the witch is sooooo cute! Love the polka dot hat of hers! Thank you for playing along with us at The Cameo Spotlight Challenge! Happy crafting!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Hahaha! I love the photo of your craft room "after the storm." Sooo funny!! And that sweet little owl's costume is too cute for words - uber fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Cameo Spotlight Challenge - we're so glad you did!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".