Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WOW!! It's Wednesday???

...or at least I think that's what day it is?  This week is flying by for me and it's all been good, well except for missing Brian and Meghan, but they are awesome, so I'm happy!!

   I started my week by heading off to my LSS for a fun morning of creating with our newly formed Silhouette Group.   Cathy put together some great handouts and also shared a super cute little Frankenstein Box that she designed after seeing it on a blog.  I also learned some new hints and tips and it was fun to see how everyone has their own techniques in the way they design and use their machines.   I felt very much like a newbie and had fun!   Our next meeting will be in November and for that class I'm going to show the group how I create Print and Cuts - using some of the pre-designed images from the Silhouette store and also how I have created some of my own!!

  Tuesday, I spend catching up on my medical appointment and saw my regular doctor and also had my routine blood work done, which should be back any day.  I'm hoping it's all the same, but have had a lot more fatigue lately, so it will be interesting to see of anything is off?   Right after that, I went for Chiropractic adjustment, which was perfect and much needed.  I know that it's odd, but for me, doing extra walking often makes my low back hurt and between walking more with Scout and also carrying him every now and then, my low back was very sore, but seems better today!!  

    I pretty much missed the "Earthquake" that hit our area last night, although I did feel a slight rumble, but thought it was the dog running across the floor.  Now, I know that we were all experienced the effects of a earthquake that was up in Maine. The funny part is that Brian called me about 15 minutes later and he already knew about it and asked me what it was like.   They were in St. Louis last night and are having a great trip.  How ironic that we had a small earthquake here in New England and he's moving to California, where you'd expect it much more.  As for their trip, they are totally enjoying it and think it's awesome to have the chance to travel across country and see so many places, they would otherwise never have the chance to see.  They have had good weather which has made the driving nice and they have stayed or met up with friends and family all along the way!   Tomorrow, they will be in Colorado and will spend extra time there with one of Meg's best friends, Paige, who was here for the wedding, and also Mary, Meg's sister.

    Today I have spent as much time as I can catching up on paperwork, bills and working on new cards, which I have to share now.   I really did not have any special ideas when I started, but once I found a few challenges, I was happily on my way to putting together these three cards.  My first card is one that I found to be the hardest and it was inspired and created for the newest challenge over at CASology, where our cue this week is NIGHT!


   
   I found it was hard to come up with a CAS style "Night" card, but still had fun trying.   I started with a simply black card base and some lavender paper that was in my Halloween Stash.  I hand cut a strip of Memory Box paper to use as my "land" and then created my row of trees with one of my new Memory Box Dies.  I then ran them through my Cuttlebug to give the look of leaves.   I also used two other embossing folders to add texture to my background and also to my "purple" moon.   I found this a hard challenge and can't wait to see all the entries!

   My second card was made for fun and kind of a take off on the whole "Night" idea.  I again started with a simple black card base and then stamped and embossed my favorite Sunflower Stamp onto white cardstock.  Once the embossing cooled, I used my Copic to color each of the section and then cut it up into four squares and added it directly to my card base.  To finish it I simply added a strip of yellow "Checked" patterned paper to tie in the color and also used the same paper inside my card for a area to write on.   This card is being submitted to this week's new CAS Challenge over at A Blog Named Hero!!



   My next card is a fun little card and this one started with a cute little "Fuzzy Monster" digi image from Meljen Designs.  I thought "he" would be fun to color and also would make a cute Halloween Card!  I also wanted to make another card for the weekly Copic Coloring challenge over a Crafting By Designs and also to the Halloweeny Challenge being hosted over at Scrapalicious,  a new, (well I should say, new to me) blog and online store that I found today, via Feline Playful!!


   I'm off now to head out for a little walk with Scout and then will be thinking about what to make for dinner.  For the guys it's Spaghetti and meat sauce night, but that's not something I like, so I need to come up with something easy and it'll probably be a nice bowl of oatmeal (a favorite), but I'm out of blueberries and it's not nearly as yummy without them!!   Hum?  What else would be good with oatmeal?   How about you, do like you like oatmeal and how to you eat yours!!

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love your purple night card - very dramatic and eerie - especially with all the wonderful embossing for added texture! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Love all of your cards. The embossing on your first card really did the trick. You did a fantastic coloring job on the beautiful sunflower image and the small strip of yellow is just perfect. Your little fuzzy monster is super cute and I love that blue background. Glad to hear the kids are having a good trip and Scout is enjoying his time walking with you. I only like "flavored" oatmeal. I might eat with the guys tonight if I were there. I love spaghetti. Enjoy your evening.

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, lisa... your CASology card is so fun with all the embossing! thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Carole said...

Ah so lovely, I agree with everything Donna said. They're all wonderful:)

Jen W. said...

A gorgeous trio of cards and I love all the texture on your first one! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jean said...

Great cards ~ love the embossing the first, coloring on the second, and the super sweet monster on the third!

ShersL84bed said...

Super cute. Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapaliciousUSA

Smiles Sher

Michelle Liimatainen said...

Great cards Lisa! Love that little monster. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".