"Abby" my new girl, who will think we will name Skye
Ries and Trace Snuggling in their LL Bean Bed!
Ries is a beautiful Springer Spaniel and she loves to run. She's now four and Meg
has raised her since she was a Puppy. Being apart was very hard, so I'm thrilled they are not back
together and that Ries and Trace are so happy together!!
Trace - Brian's Boston Terrier/Mix -- also a Rescue!!
After my visit and seeing how well the two dogs are doing...I fell in love with Trace, I knew it was time for me to come home and continue on my search for a second dog and a sibling for Scout. Scout has three other Doxie siblings, when he lived with Meg's family -- Anna, James and Stella who I also feel in love with and it was meeting all these Doxies that he me so interested in getting another. Knowing that Scout, had always had a sibling, I think he'll also loving having a puppy to play with and also watch over. He actually LOVED Alex's Ferret go figure and is such a loving pup. I can't wait for Scout and Skye to meet and think he'll do a great job in helping her grown up!
Delilah -- Alex's little Ferret
And this is my wonderful dog Scout, who I so LOVE !! He's my love and has already become very spoiled here with us. He loves to sleep in our bed and even snuggle under the covers, something I'm sure that "Skye" will eventually love too! However, we want to be sure she is well trained first and her first bed with be in Scout's former crate. With her own new pinks blankets and lots of cute pink toys!!!
I'm off now to work on my schedule and move around some appointments and such! My goal is to try and make sure that "Skye" is not left alone, at least for the first couple of weeks, while she adjusts to her new home and works on her house-training. I am going to change my schedule and take some time off from card classes and such to give is time to bond. I hope we continue to have warm sunny days like today, so that I can spend lots of time outside with both the pups!! "Abby" as she's known now, is just a bit over 3 months old and has been "paper-trained" by her Foster Mom, Lyanne, which I'm sure will be a big help! I also want to teach her and Scout to walk well together and took a private class with Scout yesterday afternoon to work on that and some commands that he has forgotten, but picked up again very quickly. I may even take him to a class for seniors to refresh his skills on "Wait" and "Come" and walking well on his lease, without "pulling".
My thanks to everyone at Furever Dachshund, particularly Julia and Maria who I communicated with the most. I also want to thank Fabre, who was the first person I met at Furever and the one who contacted me after hearing about my blog post! And on top of that, extra thanks to everyone who has wished us well and been so excited about our growing little family. I think in time, I may even consider doing some fostering, but that will be down the road quite a bit. Right now, I'm thrilled to have Scout and can't wait for Skye to be here too!


8 comments:
Congrats on the new addition to your family!! Skye is a great name for such an adorable puppy! We also have a doxie that rules our house and wouldn't trade a thing for him.
I follow Furever on Facebook and they do some wonderful things!
Have fun with little Skye!
Lynn
Thanks Lynn, I also have fast become a huge Doxie fan and love them to pieces. My personal little body warmer and boy how they love to snuggle right under the covers! At first I thought...No, I don't think I want a dog sleeping in my bed...and he did start in a crate..but within the first week, I bought him a new bed that I put on the foot of our bed....and well, then the next thing you know, as soon as hubby would get up for work he would take over his space and eventually he just would go directly under the covers....I'm amazed at how much they LOVE that and he does it in my sons' bed too, for naps!!
I'm also very happy with "Furever" and would recommend them to others....and they are been really easy to work with and really are doing a great thing for all these wonderful dogs. I did not think I would want a puppy, at first, but after recent visits to our local animal rescue and seeing how much Scout seemed to love the puppies, I feel in love them them....so when I saw this litter, I knew it was meant to be! I'm thrilled! Absolutely thrilled to pieces!!
Congratulations on the sweet new addition to your family! I hope you have many years of happy memories with your doxies! They're the most devoted and loving pets ever!
Congratulations congratulations on the permanent adoption! We had a mini daschund for 3 years before 3 disappeared one night. Broke out heart! Skye is a cutie!
Lisa, am so happy that all is coming together in your adding Skye to your home! She is adorable and will be so much fun to watch grow! Puppies are just the best.
Thanks ladies....I am so happy....you'd think I have finally having a grand baby, but this is pretty close for me and I'll cherish her and Scout.
Cely - I am so sorry your lost your sweet doxie...I'm sure that would be awful. I never let mine out alone, and we don't' have a fully fenced yard, so I'm only comfy with a leash or to be out with them. Sadly, there are coyotes nearby, at night, so we need to be very careful with small dogs and cats. My Best Friend, lost her dear cat the same way...and it was so sad...but the cat wondered off, which was also not her normal, and then never came back....!!
Congrats on having a new member of your family to spoil!
awww there's just way too much cuteness in the post. I love it. Enjoy your new puppy friend :)
Post a Comment