Friday, August 2, 2013

I love Fridays!!!

  Always have and always will!   It's the end of the work week for most people, so they are in good moods, everyone is usually excited about the weekend and it's often a nice day!

   Today, it's clearing up nicely after some much needed rain overnight and it's also cooling down a bit, but still nice and warm, just like Summer should be.  The hard part is that I can hardly believe we are already into August and dread the thought that Fall and Winter will be here soon.  I would much rather it was still only Spring and we have that and all of the Summer to come.

    I'm also finding more and more time to create, now that Skye is growing up and being such a good girl, plus I am looking forward to hopefully doing some fostering in the next few months.   I think it so beneficial to help other dogs find good homes, and I know that one more, (especially a slightly older Doxie) would not be any problem...simply more fun and that's why I hope it works out!  It something I thought about before I adopted Skye and the longer I have both her and Scout, the more I really want to do this.  I know that I had a lot of doubts when Skye was young and really giving me a run for my money, but she is a puppy, after all and I had NO clue just how much work that was going to be.  I've learned that lesson and would never feel comfy taking in another Puppy, but I'm so drawn to the seniors like Scout and having a older playmate for him, would be nice too!   So that's my goal and we'll simply see how things fall into place!

   Today, I have three new cards, all inspired by challenges and the first two were actually both inspired by the brand new Cas(E) This Sketch Challenge and I think I may even submit both cards.   I made this card first and it started by stamping this fun Hero Arts Pom Pom Flower Stamp and the re-stamping it again on Patterned Paper that I cut to paper-piece onto my card front.   I colored the rst with my Copics and this cute little sentiment is from on of my older CTMH sets!!   A very fun and CAS style card that I thought worked out pretty close to this sketch:

Sketch # 39


   My Card

My Second Card


   For my second card I decided to create my own flower and used my wonderful Cameo for that.   I found a couple different flowers that liked and cute several in various colors of patterned papers.  I then picked out the ones I like the most and put them together to make a this fun little flower.   I added Crystal Accents to the little red heart for extra dimension and sparkle.  I also cut my sentiment banner on my Silhouette and stamped on my sentiment, which is from a Hero Arts set.  

    And next is another fun card and this one was inspired by this week's challenge over a CASology, which I was pretty stumped at first, since I didn't have ANY stamps or digi images that were at all camp related.  But after doing some searches, I found this fun new online place -- Digi Web Studio, that sells a wonderful variety of ClipArt, Digi Stamp and so much more and that's where I found a set of adorable little animals all in a camping kind of theme.  I bought two sets and then decided I wanted to use this sweet little dog.  I copied him into word an then by added on the "Camp Puppy" sign, using new text boxes.   



  And speaking of puppies, lookie who was hiding under the bed, Miss Skye!!    Of course, she was chewing on something she shouldn't be, which is why she was hiding, but Mom found her right away and took away the piece of trash....this girl will eat about anything....!!!  She has now learned how to tip over the trash barrels around the house and go through them to see what she can find?   I have most up higher now and luckily the larger ones downstairs have covers, but she's a little scavenger and like most "Doxies" is always up for a meal or a treat!!


    As you can see, she wasn't overly happy that I took away her toilet paper roll, but she's now and is having a better time chewing up another toy!!  


   Just when you think they are finally out of the chewing stage, it comes back for a second found, as new teeth continue to come in.  Good think we have plenty of chewy toys and lots of Teething bones...she really loves to chew and one of her favorite activities is "de-stuffing" and removing the squeakers from any stuffed toys.  We have a box full of remains, but she and Scout both still want them and enjoy playing with them...GO Figure!!

    That's it for now...I'm heading out to take the dogs for a nice walk!!   Oh how I love these warm sunny days and spending lots of time outside!!  

7 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lisa, love your PP in the first card! My favourite out of the three cards!

Tracey said...

Wonderful cards Lisa & I love the photos of Miss Skye :o)
I hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Ardyth said...

what an adorable (and appropriate for you, who live in camp puppy) image! Glad you're having great weather and you're able to get outside! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Barb Ghig said...

OMGosh, Lisa...your cards are amazing! I love your flowers, and your "Camp Puppy" is just too CUTE! Not as cute as Miss Skye, of course :-)

Judy1223 said...

Lisa, "Camp Puppy" is totally adorable! What wonderful coloring and what a sweet image! Thanks for playing along at CSology this week!

Rosemary said...

really sweet take on the cue word, lisa! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful takes on the sketch, Lisa! I love the second, more whimsical flower!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".