Another wonderful way to share your cards is to donate them to a cause and I'm very proud to have been creating cards for Operation Write Home for about four years now as of December 31, 2013, I have donated 427 cards to OWH! Woweeeeeee, even more than I thought!! I also have taken part in several card drives and I am always happy to give my cards away or donate them to causes that mean a lot of me. This past Summer I donated almost 50 cards to Little Paws Dachshund Rescue along with several boxes of craft and household items for their Fundraiser Yard Sale. I am also now putting together a new donation of goodies for the upcoming Spring Yard Sale!!
So, when "Arleen" of Furever Dachshund Rescue, (who also just happens to have been "Zeva's" amazing Foster Mom), asked me if I would be interested in donating some cards for FDR so sell in their Etsy Store, I was excited and happy to do so and have been working on them for a few weeks. Today, I am happy to say that I have finally packaged up 25 cards and will be shipping them off to Arleen on Monday. It was a pleasure to once again donate for a cause so near and dear to may heart and I really do hope they cards bring in some extra funds for the pups!
Each card has been matched up with it's own envelope and I have placed them all in clear cello card bags. I have also noted which cards will like require extra postage and also included some thin foam padding for those that need extra protection for mailing!!
Oh, and speaking of Furever Dachshund Rescue, which is the Rescue that brought both Skye and Zeva into my life, they also have two adorable Pups who will be part of Animal Planet's 2014 Puppy Bowl, which will be held at 3 PM tomorrow! Just before the big game! You can see a picture of the adorable "Mandy" on FDR"S home page HERE and also read more about the Puppy Bowl HERE!! How cool is that!!
And now it's time for me to go, because my dogs are ready to get outside for a bit before it's dark again. We've had a nice break from the frigid cold and it's been up in the 30's today and may be even warmer tomorrow! WOOHOO! Lastly, if you ever decide to bring a new pet into your home, PLEASE adopt through a Rescue, I'm so happy I did!!
No comments:
Post a Comment