My first two cards were both created with the same exact stamp, which is called "Painted Flower" K5767 and a really gorgeous image. For my first card, I wanted that wonderful watercolor look and started with a piece of Watercolor Paper. I then used my Memento "Water-based" markers and colored directly onto my stamp. When I finished the coloring I immediately coated the stamp with a very fine mist and then stamped it directly onto my Watercolor paper. Next I created a little mat from my image on some matching "Gingham Cardstock" and added that onto a green card base I created with this Hero Arts Layering paper. My final step was adding a greeting, which I chose from this set, of Hero Arts Clear Stamps along with some matching pearls.
Using the same "Painted Flower" stamp, I went on to create a second card and this time, I went with dark shades of red, along with some dark pink. I also used the same coloring and stamping technique and after my image dried, I colored over the entire image, with my "Clear" Wink of Stella Marker. I just love the amount of shimmer that these amazing markers add to colored image. I then used a circle shaped die to cut out my image and layered that onto some some black cardstock and added those to a Red Hero Arts Card Base. I picked my Sentiment from Hero's "Message with Flourish" clear set (CL738), and stamped the "Thank You" greeting with Versamark and then heat embossed it with Ranger's Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder, a wonderful new shade that Jennifer McGuire introduced me to.
This close up photo shows how much
sparkle/shimmer that the Wink of Stella Marker adds:
That brings me to the last card today, which was inspired by the new Sketch Challenge that is being hosted by Hero Arts. You can see the choice of sketches on that link and you can also download this PDF file to save or print for your own use. I am also sharing a copy of the three sketches so that you can see which one I used on my card.
I'm sure over the next couple of week, I'll try all three of these, but for today, I chose "Sketch #3", and used my "Hero Arts" Etched Flower stamp. I started by creating my own version of a 'tag' from some of Hero's Snow Cardstock, and then using the same fun "watercolor" technique I stamped my "etched flower" directly to my tag and put it aside to dry. I then pulled out a white snow card base, and layered on a piece of this fabulous "Woodgrain textured cardstock", along with a piece of pink and white polka dotted paper from this new set by Simple Stories. (I love paper sets with any type of polka dots, and love that this set also have stripes and a variety of fun colors). I "popped" the tag up off the pink paper with foam dots and then tied on a small pink and white bow that I make from Baker's Twine. I finished off my card, with a Thank You sentiment from the Messages with Flourish set, after inking with Ultra Pink Shadow ink. The final touch was some more matching bling....! Tada!!
I find that you really can never have enough Thank You cards on hand, but after today, I'm happily building up my collection a bit!
I'm also super excited about the newest Hero Arts Release - Starry Nights, which was released on Hero's blog today! All the newest goodies will be shipping to stores and April 15th! I have already started my Wish List and know a few things, I want to purchase right away. One of the brand new Gold Spray Mist, a new Starry wooden stamp, one of the new sentiment sets...on my!! If you would like to see a peek at the brand new Catalog, you can find it HERE on Hero's website. And don't forget for all you Hero Arts shopping needs, you can always shop with a Promo Code* and save money over the A2Z Scrapbooking Store on Etsy!! My "go to" store for all things Hero Art! *Note: The current promo code at A2Z is "AprilShowers", which will save you 15% on your order of $25.00 and up (excluding shipping). Please be sure to enter it at Check Out!! Happy Shopping and Happy Crafting!
6 comments:
What a gorgeous tag, Lisa, perfect for the sketch challenge, and love the pink!!
A great trio of cards, Lisa. Love the painted flower and the last card is a perfect take on the Hero Arts sketch!
You have completely out-done yourself with these GORGEOUS cards, Lisa! I love how you stamped all those beautiful flowers and played with color combos and patterned papers! Bravo, my friend!
This are AWESOME Lisa! I really really love the third card:)
Wow! These are stunning. Especially love the first one. Great work Lisa! :)
Gorgeous cards Lisa!!
Post a Comment