Today I'm creating my own little form of "Spring" in my cards and my first card today, was inspired by a wonderful floral card that Vicki created at this's week's MUSE over at the Muse Challenge Blog. I'm so excited to have a card for this week, because I have missed out for the last two challenges and it's a favorite!! I'll start by sharing Vicki's card and hope it may inspire you to create and play along too!!
Vicki's Card
My Card
Clearly we both using much different stamps and colors, but I loved her basic design and the idea of adding a nice ribbon to the top of the card. My card features two stamps from Hero Arts. The first this gorgeous floral stamp, "Everything Flowers", which is one of the large cling background stamps from my Hero Stash. The sentiment is from the "Truly Appreciated" and is one I have used often. For my card I started by masking of the top portion of my card front, so I could easily stamp on the bottom only. I then took a variety of pink and purple Tombow and Stampin' Up markers and colored directly onto the stamp and then spritzed it with a very light mist of water right before I stamped. Once it was dry, I stamped on my Sentiment, and then using Vicki's idea of "coloring and popping" up one of the greetings I chose the work YOU and re-stamped that in the same pink color I had used for my flower. My final step was to add my bow...and please know, I'm still challenged whenever I try to add a bow to my card. Even with my little bow maker, they never seem to look as wonderful as they should. Look at Vicki's for example - now that is an awesome bow!! Mine....well let's just say, I'm not giving up, I will continue to try to learn to make fabulous bows!!
My next card is again another challenge card and I was also happy to see that I still had time to get this one created and added before the challenge ended. It's for the current "Sketch" challenge over at Reverse Confetti, which you'll find HERE!! I'm also sharing a copy of the "SFYTT" (Sketch for your to Try), and again hope you will join me and give it a try!
Sketch # 11
My Card
I didn't even notice, until now that the colors I used on my card, are also very much like the sketch, but that was just one of those things and was not planned. Pretty much all the papers and even the card base that I used, were ALL on my desk or in my scrap bin, making it very easy to put this together!! I do love these bright vibrant colors and also think the sketch was a fun one to work with. I used two of my RC Dies, Tag Me, along with this Scalloped Border, which I also love. The sentiment is also from Reverse Confetti and has become one of my most used Sentiment Sets, I just love the fonts and they also stamp very well.
And that bring me to my last card of the day, which is the card that actually inspired the title of today's post. It's another Spring inspired card and I used one of my favorite new Penny Black Stamps for this one. I know you've seen it before, but I simply LOVE it!! This stamp is called Promise and it's such a pretty image of three pretty tulips!
As I did on my first card today, I used my water-based markers (Tombows and Stampin' Up) markers and colored directly onto my stamp. Right before I stamped my image, I added a very light mist of water and quickly stamped it onto white cardstock. Watercolor paper works very nicely too, but this was on my desk already, so it was fast and easy. Once my image dried I used a circle die to cut it out and then created a matching frame one size larger. My card base was created with more of the scraps and pieces of cardstock on my desk. The textured/glittery piece behind the flowers was created using a Woodgrain stamp (Hero Arts) and stamping it with "Sticky Embossing Powder", which I quickly covered with some Purple Glitter embossing powder. It's not a vibrant as I hoped, but is a fun way to add texture!! My sweet little sentiment stamp is one I found on my last trip to my LSS. It's by Impression Obsession and is perfect for any type of spring floral card!
And that is it for today, but before I go I want to remind everyone to please be sure to stop by on Monday, for the very special Card Drive/Blog Hop that I have joined to support the "Fight on Little Lauryn" Fundraising and Card drive! You can read all about Lauryn and her battle with Leukemia on my earlier blog post HERE! There will be some nice prizes along the hop and if you come by here, I'll have my own Blog Candy to Giveaway too!!

9 comments:
well i think your bow is great and the card is lovely - wonderful colors together. i agree tho - bows can be tricky.
You have totally captured the feeling of Vicki's Muse card, but it's clearly got your special touch! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!
Wow - Busy girl! Your Muse card is awesome - thanks so much for joining in with Muse~ [It's almost embarrassing having no one play] - Hint on my bow tying -- Dawn McVey - she has a video that ROCKS!!
We had the same idea about the Muse Card. I loved that big ribbon on the top. Good to see another entry. :)
LOVELY purples and YES it is totally captured!!! Lovely card!
Love all of these beautiful creations! LOVE the colors you used on the Muse card and the fun watercolor feel! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx
PS: I'd love for you to stop by and join in my blog candy! Just hop over to On a Stampage for all the details! :)
wonderful cards! I love the colors and the stamping and I really love the bow. its so well done, treen
Love your beautiful cards and the muse card looks gorgeous in those shades of purple:) xx
Wow Lisa, more beautiful creations! Your Muse card is fab, great take on the inspiration. I love the colours you have used and that you have put it all on an angle. Also, your bow looks great - I resorted to stamping mine! Cx
Post a Comment