After two lovely days, today it's back to rainy cooler weather and I hope it's not going to last for long. It is the perfect kind of day to catch up on chores, paperwork, paying bills and all that sort of thing and I'm happy that I have now accomplished all of that and still had time to work create two new cards.
I'm also working on some "Pre-Class" Homework for the fabulous new "Watercolor for Card Makers" class that is starting on May 5th, over at the Online Card Classroom.
I'm really excited about this, as I'm finding I love the look of watercolor on cards and I also love trying new things and learning new techniques. As soon as I heard that the next class was going to be a Watercolor class, I signed up. Of course, I am kind of a "Professional Student" over at the OCC, and am thrilled to have taken every class that Jennifer and Kristina have offered. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy their awesome classes and fabulous teaching style. These classes are always well-loved and I don't know anyone who has ever been disappointed in any of the classes. If you like working with "Watercolors" or simply want to learn more about them, I think you'll love this class! The "Interactive/Live" class starts on May 5th, however, the Classroom, Gallery, Forums and such are now open and there are some awesome new videos to help us all to determine what type of supplies we may want to add to our stash for this class! And as always, there are even student discounts to the stores that generously sponsor the classes, which is another bonus!
Obviously, all of the actual class content is Copyrighted and can't not be shared outside class. We can however share any of the cards or project we created in class and I'll look forward to doing so, once class begins. I was already very impressed with the all the information that was shared the new videos already and have already learned some great tips and placed my orders for the new supplies I want to have for class. Hope to see you there, especially those of you who always take the classes, like me.
Now, it's time to share my latest new cards with you. The first one was inspired and created for this week's MUSE Challenge. I absolutely LOVE the card that we have as our MUSE Card and I am very happy to be able to share of copy of it with you below. It's a beauty and was crated by Marion Vagg, one of very talented Muse Design Team members:

Muse Challenge # 64

My Card
As you can see, I took a few different ideas from her card and put them into mine, unfortunately it's a rainy day here, so my photo is not nearly as nice and bright as Marion's. However, I did use the same idea of created a square card base and also used some of my favorite woodgrain textured cardstock, which I buy from Simon Says Stamp. I also went with a pretty floral image and started with my "First Dance" stamp, which is a gorgeous lily flower and one of my favorite new stamps from Penny Black. I used different colors and also went with a circular theme as well as adding a simple little "smile" sentiment, but I was very much inspired by Marion's card!
Additionally, I am also submitting this card to the new "Clean and Simple" Challenge over the the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge Blog.
I created a second card, also somewhat based on the same idea, and have that to share with you too. It's also a square card and has a pretty flower image "Etch Flower by Hero Arts G5749", and a sweet sentiment from Hero's "Find Joy CL497" Sentiment set both of which I bought over at the A2Z Scrapbooking Store on Etsy, my go to store for all my Hero Arts goodies. For this card, I used my water-based markers, (Tombow, Stampin' UP, Hero Arts), and colored directly onto my stamp. I then very lightly misted it with some Perfect Pearls Mist and stamped it directly onto Watercolor paper, the same technique was used on the first card. I framed my image with some of my all time favorite "patterned paper", the Viola line from Memory Box, which is now retired.
This card is being submitted to the "Anything Goes" challenge over at "Through The Craftroom Door", as well as today's new Anything Goes Challenge which you can find at Fan-Tastic Tuesday. I encourage you all to play along in ANY of these fun challenges.
My last post today is a very bittersweet one, as the crafting world has lost a very kind and dear woman. I was deeply saddened and very shocked when I learned that "Linda Palmer", died unexpectedly after being stricken by a massive heart attack this weekend. My heart goes out to all her family and friends and to all her know her in the crafting community. She loved her family very much and was always proudly sharing pictures of her children and grand-children on her Facebook page. She is also a very talented designer and was a member of several different design teams. I met her when I first started card-making and she was always a Joy to know and also spoke so kindly to all. We both took Copic Classes together and also shared that wonderful LOVE of coloring and card-making.
Shared from Facebook
God Bless you Linda!
May you forever rest in peace, as one of Heaven's newest angels!


11 comments:
Gorgeous take in the muse, very beautiful!!!
Gorgeous Design, thank you so much for joining in with the the fun over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, it means a lot....I hope you will join us again next week for another fab challenge, and Good Luck in the draw....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Xx
Beautiful cards and my sympathy for the loss of your friend. Thanks so much for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.
Jeannie
TTCRD Design Team
Beautiful cards Lisa - I love the pretty pink flower on your muse card:) hugs xx
Hi Jeannie -- I am sorry to hear that you did not know Linda --- she is one of the Designers at The Outlawz and also a very active member of Through the Craftroom Door, not to mention a dear friend of Colleen and many others. You can see her work at the Outlawz, as she was a DT member in the Color Challenge! She was such a delight to know, and will be missed greatly! Thanks for you post!!
Beautiful take on the Muse - love the dramatic flower. So glad you joined us at Muse this week. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend - very sad for her friends and family.
Really gorgeous cards, Lisa! You 'do' CAS so well, and I love how you played with your water colors!
So sorry about Linda Palmer...she will surely be missed!
Gorgeous cards! Such beautiful designs!!
So sorry for the loss of Linda! May she rest in peace and her family and friends find comfort.
Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
hugs...
Melissa
Beautiful cards, Lisa - love that Penny Black image on your first card! I am looking forward to the watercolour class too. I have just bought some gelatos but have no idea what to do with them :)
So sorry to hear about Linda - always so sad when loved ones are taken suddenly. I am sure she was a lovely lady.
Hi Lisa - sorry for not being here is a while - I was on vacation! But when I saw your card over at the Muse I had to come by - its just fabulous! i am shocked, that Linda died - she will be missed in the card making community - thanks for letting us know. What a shock it must have been for her family!
By the way - your second card is beautiful, too!
Wow! This is awesome! Love the coloring and the beautiful details.
What a wonderful project, all of the details are stunning!It's very inspiring.
Post a Comment