Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!!!

    I am so happy that 2014 is now in the past and very much looking forward to a much happier and healthier 2015.   I am thankful that I'll soon be having surgery and hope that once I am on the mend, that it will be the beginning of a fabulous New Year, full of lots of good things and great health.

    Today, I am actually excited to be here to share a new card, especially since my ability to create is very limited these days.  I wanted to start fresh for the New Year and make a card that I could enter into a few of my favorite challenges.  If you know me, you know that I really LOVE taking part in challenges and it's my little way of practicing my card-making skills and also a way to help me come up with new card ideas.

     This card not only incorporates ideas from a few different challenges, but also has been breaking out some of my "newest" craft goodies, most of which I am using for the very first time today.   The first of which, is the latest "January Card Kit" from Simon Say Stamp, which I absolutely LOVE. Sadly, it's also the last kit I'll be buying for a while, as I am now focusing on a new goal of ONLY buying "Craft" supplies that I really need or those that will be replacing something I am tossing or purging from my stash.   This is NOT going to be easy, but since I have fallen so far behind on trying to finish my new craft room along with trying to totally organizing all my things.  I'm still purging "big time" and will be donating several more boxes of supplies, all to "Little Paws Dachshund Rescue", who will be selling then at upcoming craft fairs and during the fund-raising yard sales!    I am determined to be very successful at this new "GOAL" for 2015 and also feel it's necessity.  I have SO much right now, that I am totally overwhelmed with the task or organizing ...and that in itself is why I really am happy about this.

     Once I am all organized and have my new room, all neat and tidy, I am sure, I'll slowly continue to purge and then in time, will add some new things to my collection, but for now, its' simply crazy and has become a very bad and expensive habit.  I am also focusing on being debt free and no long want to use Credit cards to make ANY purchases...something that also is a huge goal and must do for me.

   Today, i'm delighted to share my first card for 2015, along with all the fun supplies I used to create it.  It's a card that showcases my signature color "Purple" and also uses many of my favorite product lines.   It's a Thank You card, perfect to use to stay thanks to my family and friends for some fabulous Christmas Gifts.


Card Ingredients:

Purple Ribbon/Stash
Purple and White Cardstock/Stash


  And these are the new Challenges where I am submitting my first card of 2015.   I invite you al to join me and play along:


    Oh and the one the thing I will still plan to do is take more classes and workshops though-tout the year, both online and at my LSS.   I am already excited about the brand new "CAS 4 -- Techniques Made Simple" class that starts later this month.  I am already enrolled and can hardly wait for this to begin.   Clean and Simple is now my favorite style of card-making and I have taken every class every offered at the fabulous Online Card Classroom - Love these classes!  If you would like more details or to sign up, please go to this link!   Hope to see you there!    Class starts on January 26th!!




  Wishing everyone a Very Happy, Healthy, Fun and Loving 2015!  May it be a wonderful New Year for us ALL!!












 

17 comments:

Mrs A. said...

You love purple like I love pink. This is a gorgeous card. I like all the shading you have achieved. Wishing you a happy New Year. Hugs Mrs A.

Laura Norris said...

Happy New Year to you Lisa! I hope your surgery goes well and that it will make 2015 the year of being healthy again. Love your purple thank you card. The tone on tone background stars are wonderful! I'll see you in the online card class - I signed up too! Can't wait!!

Granmargaret said...

Happy New Year. Lovely card. My favourite colour is also purple and I also have fibromyalgia plus bad arthritis..
I hope all goes well with your surgery.

Karen Hasheck said...

What an awesome card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door. Hope to see you again soon and good luck in the prize draw!

zoepheedogs said...

Happy New Year!! Thank you for stopping by my blog!! :D I hope your surgery goes well and that card is beautiful!!!

Monika Reeck said...

I LOVE THIS
all in purple
amazing Lisa
love the ribon the heart the bling the sentiment the papers and the ink blending
all in purple
FANTABULOUS
and happy new year
happy that my packet came to you already
hugs, Monika

SmilynStef said...

The tiny stars make a perfect background for your design ... so glad you joined our New to You Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking.

creative lady said...

Cute card! Love the shading in your card that matches your blog. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking!

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! Wishing you a successful surgery & great 2015!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! I love that you used your 'signature color', too!
So happy that you felt well enough to create and play along with us in the a2z challenge!
Sending you my best wishes for your upcoming surgery and that 2015 is your best year yet!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa!!! I hope your doing well. I love your card. The colors are fabulous. Purple can never get old. I'm glad you are still crafting. Thanks for joining us over at the a2z Scrapbooking Challenge.

cheiron said...

Wishing you all the best for a healthier 2015! Fabulous cards you have made with the kit this month! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful creation! Loving the color combo!
Thanks so much for playing along in my New Somethings Monday Morning challenge!

Kristina B. said...

Oh trust me, I feel ya! It's so hard not to buy every new crafty things that comes out! Love you use of the tiny stars background on this card!! Thanks for joining us at a2zscrapbooking!

creative lady said...

Happy New Year to you too. Love your card! Thanks for joining us at a2zScrapbooking.

Chark said...

fab card, Lisa, love it! fun to see it at a2z, and so glad you're back!

CaffeinatedPapercuts said...

Oooo, love all the purple Lisa! To a healthier new year - thanks for playing along at a2z scrapboking.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".