Yes....It is snowing again! School was canceled last night, so that was a good thing. We were notified in advance and knew we didn't' have to get up early.
It's about 10:45 am now, and we have about 3", but the snow is very, very light and the plow just went by for the first time. It's expected to change to rain later today and then end maybe again as now late tonight. I hope that it's not too bad and that we don't lost any power. We should be okay, since there is no wind or heavy snow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This has also been a sad week. I found out of Sunday that Donna Spelman died. She was the wife of my former boss at Varian, (Mike Spelman), who just died this Fall. It's such a shock to think of them both being gone...they were both far to young and vibrant! Only 62 and it must be very hard on their kids, (Kimberly and Michael). I finally reached Janine (my former Job-share) partner at Varian, this morning to share the sad news. We both still can hardly believe that Mike is gone and now Donna too. Life is simply too short.
My Mom just called now to also tell me that my neighbor (Paula's) Dad has passed too. He's been quite ill for some time and in a Nursing Home. He was much older, at 86, but I know Paula, Roger, Kayla and her Mom, must be having a hard day. Her Dad was very policitally involved and had been the Mayor of Gloucester at one time, so I'm certain that his Funeral will be very bid...and very heartbreaking!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for me...I'm okay, this is NOT been one of my best weeks either! Not a bad Fibro flare, but I don't feel that great. I started reading "Twilight" last night and for some reason I woke up with a headache....I'm just NOT good with reading...my eyes are not what they once were and I think that my meds, play a part in that. The book is okay, so far, but I'm not into it yet. I read about 50 pages (2 chapters). I hope to try to read more tonight.
Now, I'm off to head up to my craft room and work on the second half of my Week 4 pages for the 365 project! I also need to take some pictures for this week and start putting together ideas for this week!!
I hope the sad days are over for this week and things start looking up!!!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".
No comments:
Post a Comment