Sunday, January 18, 2009

WOW!! It's already Sunday afternoon....where does the time go!!

Yesterday, Patty and I want off shopping, we planned to go simply to our Favorite Scrap Store "Absolutely Everything", but she had a return, so we ventured to the Mall to go to NY & Company. As it turned out, I had not been in that store in a long time, but I LOVED it as much as I did years ago and they were having a great sale too. I bought two pairs of jeans, two tops and a pair of earrings and everything was half price. I also applied for one of their store cards, for an additional 15% off, but then remembered that I have a fraud alert on our credit things and so it can't go through until they call and get my approval. (It's nice to know that the Fraud Alert works). Today, I was contacted to make certain it was me who had applied and I had to verify I wanted to apply and provide some security information. I even was a bit leery at first, so I took the number and called back, but it was indeed the bank that handles their cards, so I was able to verify I did want it and now I can go back to the store and get the 15% off of my shopping from yesterday. They told me yesterday, I have 30 days, so I'll do that sometime next week!!
I was very impressed with how well this works, and I feel much more secure with our accounts now that we have the fraud alert in place. We will to keep it on our accounts for the future too! Ever since out debit card was used fraudulently, we simply didn't feel very secure!

After our little spree there, (Patty bought some things too), we then hit the scrap store. Come to find out I had a package there from some give-a-way that I had won. It was a bunch of papers , embellishments and stickers and not a bad little package, so that was a nice surprise. I also bought some new papers for my 365 book and today I'm working on page three and doing Valentine Cards for the Fibro Beauties too! Its' been a good day for crafting and it's relaxing too! We also signed up for the DeNami Class in March yesterday and I'm looking forward to that class. The first class was excellent and it'll be the same instructor, Debra!!

I haven't felt that great all weekend and it kind of started yesterday, on the way home from shopping. It came on fast and I felt super light headed, nauseous and feverish too! Once I did get in, I just put my bags up in my craft room and crashed on the couch. I then had something to eat and laid down for a bit and it passed, but boy did I feel sick for awhile.....really terrible. Eventually, I felt better...today Ive felt good and bad with waves of that same awful feeling. I hope it's gone for good!

Packey (DH, for those of you who don't know him), just went out to shovel. We woke up to more snow this morning. For a while it changed to rain and then ended as snow again, with about 4-5". Now the temps are dropping, so it's time to clean up before everything freezes solid. It's been pretty snowy this month, but at least the bitter cold is gone for awhile! It's getting dark now, but it sure is very pretty out there!!

Once DH comes in we'll make some burgers for dinner, with a salad..nothing exciting. Alex is working and will be out at six and he and I can sleep in tomorrow, since it the MLK Holiday. Packey has to work, but we'll be home resting!!

So that's our weekend! Shopping was good and I love my new things..today I've done a lot of crafting and have had a great day!! I'm off now to stop by the Monkeys and the MISfits and see what is going on in both groups.

Signing off for today....take care

No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".