Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Friday!!!

Yikes....Where does the time go! It's been a quick week and I haven't felt so great since we came back from the Beauty Bash. I had a wonderful trip, loved the BASH and really LOVED meeting the Girls the best, but boy oh boy has my Fibro been flaring.

I thought for sure, I would plan to go again next year, but I can see now that it may not be a good plan for me. I'm hurting much more than I have for a LONG time. I do have a doctor's appointment on Monday and I'm going to talk with him about adding to my meds, at least until I can break this pain cycle. I do hope it won't last, but right now - it's bad.

I told DH and the boys, that we will be skipping "Easter" this year as I do NOT have the time or energy to plan and make a big dinner at this point. I will have DH look for a small ham for us and maybe we'll have that for Dinner on Sunday night, but if not, that's okay too. I did stop at the store yesterday to pick some "treats" and I did make them all an "Easter" bag full of treats. I mailed a card to my Mom and to Brian, but that was it for this year.

Now I need to focus on Alex's Birthday (next week) and getting my Project 365 up-to-date. I'm going to do 2-3 pages from the Beauty Bash to cover 2-3 weeks, as I have lots of pictures.

Here are some of my favorites --


Me & Jini ~
She is so much FUN!!



"The Goodie Boxes!!
These were on our beds at the Hotel




Friday Night

Beauty MISfits
Dinner @ Baxter's




And one more from the Q Store!!


2 comments:

Cindy Marchant said...

Lisa maybe cutting one day out of the trip would make a difference. I know you had mentioned it. Or could Fibro/pain meds be ramped up a bit before you go on a trip like this to stave off the after effects? I know how much this trip meant to you and I would sure like to see you be able to go again.

ThePurplePlace said...

Time will tell, but I would definitely stay one day less, if for nothing else, but to save money. Staying the extra I would be more helpful, but we went and shopped and drove a lot, so I think had be just gone home, it would have been best!

I LOVED the trip, but there truly is NO prep I can do before I go..it's one day at a time!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".