Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happy Tuesday....

.... I'm very slow at posting today and it's now after 4pm!  WOW....talk about a day flying by, this is one of them for me.  On the upside, I slept in this morning, which was wonderful and I took my time doing my chores and had a very peaceful quiet morning.

     My first accomplishment today was to mail off another package of card for 'Operation Write Home' and I completed that task this morning.    I have now sent over 100 cards to this wonderful organization and it really makes me feel good to do my little part to help out.



   I am also a very proud member of the Stars and Stamps Blog and love taking part in their challenges and craft events that are posted on that blog.  There are new activities every day, along with tutorials, challenges and sketches, all to inspired card-makers to join in.  ALL are welcome to join in at any time.  If you would like to crate cards to send to OWH, you can find all the details HERE and if you would like to join in on some of the fun challenges or meet some of the other OWH members, you can find us HERE!   

    Right after I send off my package, I had a nice phone call from my friend, Melanie, and we caught up with one another and chatted about Crafting, Copics and our kids.   We both adore crafting and that's how we first met.  We've since learned we share a lot of common interests and her hubby also has family in my area, so we do some day hope to meet.  We also both love challenges and love a lot of the same designers and artists.  One of those artists is Michelle Perkett and we are both members of Michelle's blog, and her group at over CDAC.    Just last night I was visiting that group admiring some of the fabulous cards the gals have posted there.  I was also very happy to read that group had grown to 300 Members!  Congratulations Michelle!  And to celebrate that milestone, Michelle was running a special in her store for two days!   A two day half price sale!!  Yes, you heard me right, 50% off  of ALL her images, and only for two days, ending tonight at midnight.     If you know me, you know I LOVE a Sale and this is one I did not pass up.  Woohoo!   If you hurry, you too can take part in the sale, but don't wait it's all ends in a matter of hours, so go HERE now and Happy Shopping.  My thanks to Michelle, who is always very generous to her customers.  She also shares many freebies over in the CDAC group and often runs a special sales, which is a special treat.  Thanks Michelle!!
 
     I was so excited and could not wait to start coloring this afternoon, so imagine my surprise, when I realized that there was a brand new challenge today on Michelle's blog and it was perfect for me.   I've been working on my card all afternoon and I am here to share it with you now.  The image I used for my card is called 'Snow Goddess' and she is gorgeous.  I colored her with my Copics and then picked out some pink patterned papers so that I could make my flowers to match.   This challenge requires that you use one of Michelle's images and also create your on flowers, which I did pink patterned papers.   To make my image sparkle I used a pearl pen and also added sparkling white glitter.  I was so happy with how it came out and think this image will make lovely Christmas cards.

 
  My flowers were made with buy using a Stampin' Up - 'Blossom Party' Die I just bought, along with another flower shaped punch I had in my stash.  I simply ran the Blossom Party die through my Cuttlebug to cut several flowers at a time and then added another style created with my other punch.  My pink Shimmer brads are also from Stampin' Up and are really pretty.  I finished off my card with a pink organza ribbon and bow, that I made with my Bow Easy, (a super tool, I can't be without).
 
    I hope you like this card and I hope it has inspired you to go shopping at Michelle's store, take pat in her new chalelnge and also come on over to the Crafter's Digital Arts Center and join all the fabulous groups there! 

     Happy Tuesday and as always -- Happy Crafting!!

14 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow Lisa, simply gorgeous, love the soft colors, and your puff, looks so real!! Love the flowers too! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at MPS, hope to see your again next week!
hugs Marilyn

Danni said...

I totally {heart} this card!! Just gorgeous!!

Michelle said...

OMG, Lisa, this is stunning! I love the contrast between the pale pinks and her brown hair and love the pearls in her hair and of course your gorgeous glitter work!! Thank you for joining us at MPS this week and for such a lovely entry!!:)

Trina said...

Lisa, I'm so happy you got this one! Your card rocks!!! (<-- 3 exclamation points...) The pearls on the ends of her hair and the sparkly collar & muff are great additions! (And thanks for reminding me of the sale; I hit the last two and am denying myself...)

Unknown said...

Lisa, this is really gorgeous! I love this image. You did a great job with it. I love sending cards to OWH too. Love what they do for our men & women! Thanks for joining us at MPS
Shelley

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Lisa! Your card is simply gorgeous, I love it! Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and participation in our challenges at Michelle Perkett Studio! And well done my friend on shipping your OWH box today ;)
Hugs, Jan

Ann said...

Lisa, Your card is soooooo pretty! I love it!

paper fun said...

Lisa, I love the softness of this image. Your coloring is awesome. I like your your flowers. Very beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at MPS.

Mari

Tammy said...

OM Gosh Lisa this is gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors and added sparkle! Thank you for joining MPS this week!
Tammy x

...and awesome that you mailed a box of cards to OWH!!

Mel said...

Lisa, this is just so beautiful. I just love it, you know me and pink lol. I love how your flowers came out.

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

This is an awesome card. I adore how you colored her and the flowers are so so lovely! Fantastic card you made! Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio!
hugs
marion

Pauline said...

What a stunning creation! So delicate and gentle! Love it! Thanks for joining in at MPS!

Nancy in Iowa said...

This is simply stunning. She is lovely. Great details.

She's a Color Queen said...

Wow, this card is beautiful! I love the pinks you used in this. Thanks for playing with us at Michelle Perkett Studio this week. We hope you will join us again!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".