Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Something Special....

   I am very happy to share a wonderful post and story with you and this story came from one of the gals I design with on the Baby Bud Design Team.  Her name is Giovana and this is a link to her blog and a wonderful card drive his is sponsoring for two very special children named Logan and Rebekah.

   If you hop on over to Giovana's blog you'll learn that October is Spinal Bifida Awareness month and both of these sweet children live this day with this condition.   I was very touched by the stores and Giovana's card drive, so I knew I wanted to join in and make a send a card out to both of these sweet children and their families.



   Because I am a card maker I LOVE to send cards almost as much as I love to create them, so this was fun for me.  I pulled out my card basket to see what I thought they each would like.   For little Logan I picked this fun little Halloween Card that I created with Jack, one of the adorable Baby Bud Images.  It is a fun Halloween card, but not one that is scary.  I thought his big brother, Alex would also enjoy it.  


  And for Bekah - I wanted to find something very pretty, a "Girlie Girl" card with lots of sparkle and bling.  I also wanted a cute and fun image, so I chose this card, because this image that has it's own special meaning.  This wonderful image was designed by Lori Boyd and is named Macie.  If you would like to learn more about Macie, please visit Lori's blog HERE.    I hope that Bekah will enjoy this fun bright card.

 

  I will be sending out both my cards tomororw morning and I hope that they will bring a smile to each of these families.  If you are touched by their stories and would like to join, you'll find all the information over on Giovana's Blog!!   Best wishes to all and my thanks to Giovana for posting about this wonderful card drive!   Bless your heart!

4 comments:

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards Lisa!!!
Thanks so much!
God bess.
Giovana

ThePurplePlace said...

I am very HAPPY to help and It was a pleasure to send this cards! I also hope it with inspire others to join in!!

Danni said...

These are so sweet!!

Angelica Turner said...

What sweet cards, great work.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".