YIPPEE! Today is going to be a fabulous day for me, as I am taking my very first Tim Holtz Workshop at my LSS -- 'Absolutely Everything'.
By the time you start reading this post, I will be either on my way to the store or in already in class working on this awesome journal project. I am so excited and know this is going to be a lot of fun. I've been looking forward to this day for weeks, ever since I signed up and it's HERE!! Tim will be here for the whole weekend and already taught two workshops yesterday and will teach two more today. The classes sold out very quickly and I was so happy I got into this one, which was my first choice.
Sunday October 24,
Class #3 --- 9 am-1:00pm, Ultimate Alterations
Class #3 --- 9 am-1:00pm, Ultimate Alterations
After class I'll be in the store doing some shopping and I'm sure I'll be adding some new Tim Holtz and Ranger products to my stash. I've also been saving up for this ever since I found out I had a spot in the class, so I'm ready to CREATE and SHOP! I love my LSS and I'm really excited that Tim is teaching here again. I am still fairly new to crafting and just started about 3 years ago. My friend, Patty and I were off shopping at JoAnn's one day and a wonderful woman in the check out line noticed we had bought card making supplies. She then asked us if we had every been to the 'real' Scrapbook store in Topsfield, and we said, No? What Scrapbook store? We had tried to find out if there were any in our area, but had never found anything, so we were thrilled to learn that there was a store in Topsfield. That sweet woman, (Martha), then gave up directions and we headed off to the store. We arrived and quickly realized we had picked the wrong day, as it was a Monday and (at that time, AE was closed on Mondays). But, we decided to get out and take a peek in the windows, and that's when Kate, the owner came to the door and asked us, where we were from and how far we had traveled to get there. We told her we were from Gloucester and Rockport, and that we had just found out about the store and it was our first time there, and she graciously opened the store for us to browse and shop! WOOHOO!!
That was my very first trip to AE and I've never stopped shopping there. Patty rarely crafts much now, and I miss shopping with her, but I still love the store and go as often as I can. We went back several times that Fall and took quite a few card-making classes. They also have a fantastic Black Friday Sale, which will the next BIG even that I'll attend. It takes about 40 minutes to drive from my home, but it's well worth the trip and is located out in a lovely country setting, making it a nice scenic drive, especially this time of year -- it's gorgeous! I know from other crafters, that I am very lucky to have this type of store near near me and I agree, because it's so much better than AC Moore and Micheal's and Kate always has the most current things on the market. I'm so lucky we found it and always thank Martha for telling us about the store, whenever I run into her there. I actually saw her the day I signed up for my Tim Holtz Workshop, she was there signing up for one too! Yes, I agree, we are very lucky to have such an awesome store and I'm so thrilled to be there today, in Tim's Workshop! WOOHOO! I hope to have pictures to share tomorrow!
..........that's my day -- What are you up to today???
UPDATE - I am back and have a few pictures to share! It was fantastic class and I LOVED IT!!
This is my journal, which is the project we did in the workshop. I'm not quite done with my cover, but it was a blast and we learned so much! I loved it! You can also see my book, which Tim was happy to sign for me! Yippee!!
And my day ended with a bit of shopping in the store, the only thing you can't see here are all the new Christmas Papers I picked up along with some new ribbons and trim that were in another bag! I had such a great day!! I'm wiped out now, but it was worth it !
And my day ended with a bit of shopping in the store, the only thing you can't see here are all the new Christmas Papers I picked up along with some new ribbons and trim that were in another bag! I had such a great day!! I'm wiped out now, but it was worth it !

5 comments:
Oh My Gosh Lisa! What a fantastic day it must have been! I love Tim Holtz! I have never used his products (I don't know how), but I've looked at his projects and am in awe of the beautiful things he does. And he makes it look so easy! That pic of you and Tim makes a great keepsake for you. I'll love to see the items you create with Tim's style! TFS!
Wow! You got some great stuff Lisa! I'm so glad you had such a great time and got to meet Tim! You go girl!
This is such a great picture Lisa!! Your book turned out awesome and I'm really jealous that you got to meet Tim Holtz. Looks like you bought lots of fun new things too!!! :) ♥ ya girl!!!
Hi Lisa,
Thanks so much for sharing about your fun day! Great photo of you and Tim! I know you will treasure that plus the autographed copy of his book. Can't wait to see more of your creations using what you have learned. Am so happy for you! Hugs, Pat
oh my goodness, just a super star day all around! did he know he was meeting a celebrity when he arrived, or did you just surprise him with that info?! grins! because, of course, you rock the casbah in my crafty book! :)
your projects are gorgeous!
Post a Comment