Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy things....

    This afternoon, I am back to share to fun and happy cards.    I have two cards to share and both were created for new challenges over at 'The Outlawz'.  The first is for the CAS Challenge and this is one area I have been trying to work on and improve my skills.   Our challenge this week was a color combo challenge and it was to create a card with light pink, dark pink and green.

   This is my card, which features a sweet image from 'By Lori Designs'  - This is one of the Bug N Roo images and she is Addeline and can be found in the store HERE!  I just LOVE her sweet little Bunny Slippers!  :)



   I started by paper piecing a cute little dress for Addeline with some wonderful new digi papers I bought from Shery K Designs.  I then colored the rest of the image in the Challenge Colors with my Copic Sketch and Spica Pens.  I used my Cuttlebug to cut and emboss a scalloped circle for my background and also also a sweet little Prima Butterfly that matched perfectly with the colors.  I thought about adding more, but since this is a Clean and Simple Challenge, I thought this was best.  

   My second card was created today for the new 'Greeting Card Challenge' also over at The Outlawz.  This week our theme is called 'April Showers - Bring May Flowers' and it's pretty much up to you as to how you show that theme in your project.   I colored up this cute little image from my digi stash and then found a digi sentiment that I thought worked well for Spring.  You can find a great selection at Rainbow Echo Designs which is where I bought this one.  


  I used my Tim Holtz Distress Ink In  to blend in a background for the little digi, which is from Bugaboo Stamps.  I'm using all the new techniques I learned in some recent classes and it's been fun.  I am excited about having more time to devote to classes and that will be a lot of fun.  My next big event is a full day of Workshops being taught by Jennifer McGuire at my LSS! 

  And that's it for today --  I am now wiped out and plan on resting for the rest of the day.   I also wanted to remind you all to HOP on over to the 'Through the Craftroom Door' Site this week as we all continue to celebrate the One Year Anniversary of the Publication.   All are welcome to stop by and join in the fun.


  Tomorrow I have two new cards I hope to work on and the first will be for this week's new sketch challenge over at Operation Write Home.  You can find a copy of this week's sketch over at the Stars and Stamps blog HERE!  

   You are also invited to join us for the bi-weekly Copic Coloring Challenge over at the Color Me Creative Classroom.  You can find the new challenge HERE and it's a brand new one that started today.   Come on over and have some FUN!!!






  

7 comments:

Emma H said...

Best of luck to you Lis - hopefully we'll see you around blogland!

Paula S. said...

Great cards! Those bunny slippers are too cute and as always you've done a wonderful coloring job.

Renkata said...

Hi Lis, ohh super cute cards. Love the cute images and how you have coloured them.

Unknown said...

Super cute cards! Love the images and colors you chose!

Ann said...

Hi Lis ~ Sweet, sweet cards!

Misty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cdjcape521 said...

Lisa, great job! Hope things are going well for you, take care!
Cheri J.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".