Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ten Days and Counting....

  WOW!   Can you believe that Christmas is now only 10 days away!   Why is it that the time seems to fly by all of a sudden and you realize you have soooo much more to do!  That's where I am today and also why I didn't find any time to post yesterday.

    Yesterday, I did make one day card and that for the Valentine Challenge over at the Stars & Stripes Blog, which you'll fine HERE!!   This was another of those very easy cards, thanks to the adorable Die Cuts I bought from Lily of the Valley!!   The sweet little image on this is card one of those wonder die cuts and whenever I find I need to make a card quickly, these are perfect!


    I had hoped to play along in quite a few more challenges this week, but it's not looking like I'm gong to have much time for crafts!    As much as I LOVE to create, I also do not like to stress out over the Holidays, so I'm taking each days as it comes and trying very hard to accomplish all I need to do.   Today, I did some more of my wrapping and made a pretty good dent in the pile.  I also opened more packages that had arrived in the past couple of days and put those gifts into gift bags.  Tomorrow, I will wrap more and add tissue and ribbons to those bags.

   This weekend will be spend wrapping more and picking up a few last minute gifts that I need.  On Sunday, I'll be heading down to the Pub to celebrate my son Brian's 25th Birthday!  I can hardly believe that I have a son who is now 25....!   Those years have passed so fast and have been a JOY!   I'm looking forward to spending the afternoon with him and Meg and I hope they have a fabulous time on their trip.  I'm going to miss them both so much, but will be happy to keep in touch via the Internet!!   They fly out on Monday, morning and I'l be happy when I know they have arrived safe and sound in Portugal!!

   Next, week is the final countdown and I also have a Chiro appointment and Nail appointment to get in.  That's also my week to bake and make my candies!  I have everything bought and I'm all set, it's just a matter of picking my good days and get going.   Most of what I have to do, will be towards the end of the week and I'll be done on Christmas Eve, with a nice night of relaxation here at home awaiting Santa's arrival and a wonderful Christmas morning spent with my family!  

   I do hope to stop in every now and then with an update, but if not, it's because I'm resting and/or making some goodies for Christmas!  I wish all my wonderful crafty friends, a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season.  I hope you all have a fabulous time with friends and family and that each day if full of fun, happiness and lots of LOVE!!


      

9 comments:

Donna said...

Lisa,This is the cutest card! I love the soft sweet colors and the twine is so nice with this die cut. I love your card....so adorable. Have a wonderful time with your son and have a blessed Christmas.

jimlynn said...

Precious card! Love that pink and white bakers twine with this.
Lynn

Sandy said...

He is a gorgeous little ted, a fab card. Hope you get all your Christmas prep done, and get to have a decent relaxing time before Christmas Day, Ten days! I'm still not in Christmas mode.
Sandy

Chana Malkah said...

Cute card, Lisa! Adorable image!

Doris said...

Beautiful card Lisa! I'm also struggling to finish up the never ending to-do list but think I'm getting a handle on it too :)

Kerry said...

what??? only 10 days left... finally started my xmas shopping today, haha!!! Adorable adorable card, love it to pieces! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Lisa this bear is totally adorable and you did an awesome job of coloring him. Love the paper and twine! Merry Christmas Lisa! Luv ya and hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Lisa your card is simply adorable, I love it!
Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

Anonymous said...

Lisa your card is so pretty but adorable, your teddy's fur looks life like and fluffy on my screen.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, I'm trying to make my rounds tonight, I'm not even close to having anything done this year.

Hugs and blessings that you have pain free days, Lori m

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".