Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another LOVE filled day!!

   I was up bright and early this morning even though I had planned to sleep in.  But...when you forget to shut off your alarm, chances are you're going to wake up.  And it's even worse when you remember that your phone (which I use for my alarm clock), is in your pocketbook and not on your night stand.  Yup, that was the start to my day and since I had to actually get up to shut it off....I was up!  Grrrrr!!   I guess in some ways it was good to get up early as I had all my chores done early, giving me lots of time to make these new cards.
    My first card was created for a Sketch Challenge over at Creating by Designs.  We have a special Guest Designer for this month and Heide inspired me to create a Sympathy Card, something we all find a  bit of a challenge to make.  I find that they are often the one card I will still buy.  This one, however I will be using and sadly I have to send it out today.   My thanks to Heide for sharing the sketch and her inspiration.



  My next card was also created for a Sketch Challenge and this one is being hosted over at The Outlawz Group.   I knew right away that I wanted to make another Valentine Card and the sketch seemed to be perfect.  I also wanted to practice making a CAS Card and really have learned so many wonderful tips for the CAS Class.   Here is my card which was very easy and fun to make!


   After I had these cards done I was very excited to break out my brand new Card Kit which I had ordered from Simon Say Stamp.  They are now working with Kristina Werner to put out a month card kit and I was one of the very lucky crafters who bought the February Kit before it sold out.   Mine arrived yesterday and I was so excited to see everything it contained.  Yippee!   I'm also very excited to have subscribed to the next kit and will look forward to these awesome kits arriving in my mailbox every month.

   If you are a fan of Kristina and would love to get in on these kits, I highly suggest you head over to SSS and buy in for the next kit.   If I remember correctly the February kits sold out on the very first day!!  Oh and for anyone who was not able to buy the February Kit, those crafters will receive the wonderful set of Tim's Seasonal Distress Inks as a BONUS in their March Kit.  For all the details on subscribing to future kits, you'll find a Q & A, HERE!!

    All three of these card were created with products in the kit.  Other than a few scraps, everything on each card came from the February Kit.  It even has it's own little Heart Punch, a cute little Stamp set, and all the ribbons, bling and embellishments.   There is also a inspiration sheet included with ideas for six cards and I used that for each of these.   I totally LOVE this and I'm so happy I signed up and subscribed.  Speical thanks to Heidi (Simon Says Stamps) and Kristina, for working together to bring these kits tp the market!   They ROCK!!

    These are the first of my kit cards and these three were all inspired by Kristina --





  If you like these cards and if you are a fan of Kristina, as I am, I think you'll be very happy to subscribe to the kits.  I know I am and I'm very excited to share some of my cards in the Gallery today over at the CAS Class.   My next project today is to work on a card based on today's new ideas.   It'll be fun and in a totally different theme, as I try to color up some gorgeous Spring inspired images.   I loved the new new Hero Arts Stamp that both Kristina and Jennifer used today, it's this awesome image (NOTE:  This image was copied over from the Hero Arts Blog).

    I also thought for sure I had it, but I don't, which is a bummer, as I wanted to color it right up after seeing their cards.  For now, I'll work with another floral image and will buy this from my LSS, when I go to class on Tuesday.    It's gorgeous and the cards they made use it were ALL awesome.   I love to colors these types of stamps with my Copics and that's exactly what I plan to do!


  Oh, and speaking of Copics, I was thrilled to find out last night that the brand new set is now in and shipping out from iCopic.  My set has already shipped and I can hardly wait to color with them. The new colors are some of my favorites and I know they'll be awesome for Spring!!  Yippee!!    Here is a copy fo the chart that I shared from iCopic's website and this is a link if you want to add them to your collection!

   I'm off now to search one more time and make sure I do not have this stamp, hidden away.  The last thing I need to do is buy another duplicate!   I did that again this past weekend and already have one stamp to return on Tuesday.   This is what happens when you do not have a good catalog system, something I am slowly working on putting together.  My first step was to sort out my stamps by type and company and I do have that done.  I now have ALL my Hero Arts Clings and Clear Stamps all combined in two large bins.  All my larger background and wood stamps are in my hanging organizers.  It's a big project, but is helping me to easily find what I need and know exactly where to look.    If you have any wonderful ideas on how you catalog your stamps -- Please share!!


 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, You've been a busy little beaver. All cards are beautiful. Wonderful kit and that sympathy card is just gorgeous. Are you ready for a couple of days of snow? At least it is not suppose to be too much. Talk to you soon.

jimlynn said...

A gorgeous sympathy card! Such wonderful soothing papers. Just lovely.
Also, love all the "heart" cards! So pretty.
Lynn

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oooh Yes....Love the CAS cards you did....AWESOME...and so many...I just don't see how you do it and find all the time to put one beautiful card out after another...amazing.

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Cely - You have to remember that I am home, all day -- every day. My children are grown and I simply love to create. It's my passion and every minute I spend creating makes me happy, relaxes me and helps keep my mind off of Fibromyalgia. It's almost therapeutic for me...a JOY!!

Plus, every card I created today was inspired by a sketch or another card design. I simply followed the ideas/sketches !! This is so easy when you have something to base it on. I owe thanks to those I learn from and to Kristina and Jennifer for the fantastic CAS Class I am currently taking!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Lovely sympathy card. Those cards kits look fabulous. TFS. I need to check into that. I am so liking you creations from CAS classes. I am learning from you.

Anonymous said...

Lisa each one is just lovely, fantastic! Hugs, Lori m

Unknown said...

Glad you had an awesome day!! Your cards are stunning! Love the sympathy card, which I too usually end up buying until lately. The other cards are such a huge variety in style and love seeing all your new techniques! Hugz!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks everyone! I did have a great day yesterday and will HOPE today is just as FUN and Creative!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".