Monday, January 23, 2012

Sad Day...Happy Day...Very HAPPY DAY!!

   One of those days that is full of happy and sad.  The sad part actually started late yesterday when I started feeling really lousy.   I am not sure if I had a touch of a stomach bug or even possible a gall bladder attack, but boy did it come on fast and did I ever feel awful.  I ended up going to bed halfway through the Football game and fell asleep, only to wake up at the end to find out my team had won!!  Go PATS!!!    As much as I was happy about that, my stomach was still feeling awful and I could not get back to sleep or even feel comfy.  I ended up getting up and took some Pepto and went back to bed.  Needless to say, I did not sleep well and even woke up still feeling pretty lousy.  On a happy note, as the day has moved along I am feeling better, the pain is now gone and the nausea is much improved!   I had some crackers and tea and that seemed to help!   Phew!!

    Today is also a bittersweet day over at the CAS Class as this is our final day and I know I'll miss it.  I've had withdrawal from each of the classes and know that this week will be no different.   I am, however, very excited to about the new class which will be in March.  It's going to a HUGE hit and if you happen to like Tim Holtz, you'll want to be join in, as he will be teaching in March!  Woohoo!!  I was also thrilled to find out that I was one of the very lucky winners in this class and I won $30 worth of Stamps from Purple Onion Designs!   Can you say HAPPY!!   Yippee!!

    Imagine my happiness when I read this news on the class site this morning --

 
   Finally, we have Lisa Haines who wins $30 worth of stamps from Purple Onion DesignsPurple Onionhas some fabulous unmounted rubber stamps – all high quality and unique. We LOVE their alphabets!  Be sure to check out their blog HERE.   They have a great design team.
  I want to say THANK YOU again to Jennifer, Kristina and Julie for a fantastic class.  My thanks also goes out to Simon Says Stamp and Ellen Hutson for being class sponsors and for the great discounts they gave to all the students!!

  And now, I'd like to thank Purple Onion Designs for their prize too!   I'm very excited and have already been over to the blog to check out the adorable stamps!!   I have a feeling it's a store I'll visit often, as they have a wonderful variety of great stamps!!

  And back to more HAPPY things I have two new cards to share today and the first one, was actually once I had started yesterday.  It's based on this week's Sketch over at Operation Write Home's Stars and Stamps Blog.
   And I also have one more which was created for this week's CAS Challenge over at The Outlawz.  Our challenge this week was to create a CAS Style card to to use something NEW!  I decided to create my card with the awesome Card Kit I bought last week from Simon Says Stamp.  It's one of the new monthly card kits that are now being designed by Kristina Werner and offered by subscription at SSS!!   
      I am so happy that I'm now feeling better and that my day keeps getting happier and happier.  My mail lady was here while I was working on this post and I had three wonderful HAPPY Mail packages today.  The first was a pretty Hero Arts Stamp that I had been wishing for last week, after it was used one day in Class.   I lucked out and found it (brand new) on eBay for only $8.25!!  
     
And in the second package was my wonderful new Copics!   Woohoo!  I am very excited to be adding the newest release to my collection and LOVE that it has two new Purple shades!!!   Special thanks to Ashley at iCopic for shipping them out so fast!   You ROCK!!

   And my last wonderful goodie package is my most recent order from Simon Say Stamps!  I've had such great service from their have totally loved shopping at the store, during our CAS Class.   I bought the newest Corner Chomper to add to my collection, along with a cute little date stamp and I'm planning to use my Smash Book. 
  What a FUN and HAPPY day this has turned out to be and tomorrow should also be really awesome, as I'm heading to my LSS (Absolutely Everything) for the Monthly Card Club, which is a new card-making class I enrolled in for the Winter Months!!    Happiness is such a nice feeling!!

14 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

Glad you are feeling better! I'm with you on the the sad feeling when class is over. I so enjoy the classes. Congratulations on your Purple Onion win. How appropriate!! Love your cards today, especially the red one. Wowzers!

Doris T. said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Lisa and I must have laughed for 5 minutes when I saw you were the winner from Purple Onion!! Enjoy all your new goodies and happy mail :)
Hugs, Doris
PS - forgot to say, LOVE today's cards!

Tracey said...

Glad you're feeling better now Lisa (I hope you still are).
I love your cards, they are both fabulous :)
Have a good week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, Glad to hear you started to feel better. You day has just gotten progressively better. I'm glad for you. congrats on your winnings and your cards are wonderful today. I LOVE the OWH card and your card made from your kit is just so sweet. I hope your week stays as good as this day has ended. Enjoy your class tomorrow at your LSS. Talk to you soon .

Unknown said...

Wow glad your feeling better! And super happy the Patriots beat Baltimore!! See my blog today! Your cards are beautiful and love the new stamp. My copics didn't arrive yet:(. Colleen S. has awesome photo's on her blog blending with them! Keep feeling better and happy!! PS. On The Outlawz I finally posted about the Baltimore weekend! Phew! Hugz

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Great cards! isn't it fun to get packages in the mail!!! I just got my first Memory Box dies today. Woo Hoo! Back to your cards- I am loving the embossing folder on your pink card- that is sooo pretty. Have fun playing with your new toys!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad your day turned out better than it started! Your cards are beautiful, but my fav is that delicious heart card. It is absolutely gorgeous with that wonderful texture. Great job!!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Your cards are beautiful. Love your take on OWN sketch. Love the embossing on both card, especially the second. Congrats on your Purple Onion win. Nicely done.

Michelle Lupton said...

So happy to read that you won a prize from Purple Onion designs - quite appropriate really, being purple! LOL!

Kerry said...

Hi Lisa, glad to hear that you are feeling better. I saw your name on the win, I was soooo excited. Woohoo!!! Gorgeous cards as usual. And woohoo on the Copics too. I got mine over the weekend at AE. LOVE them! Have fun today!!!! Hugs!

Linda said...

That first card has gotta a lotta heart! Very Bold! TFS!!!

Jen M said...

Glad you are feeling better and congrats on your win! Love your OWH card!

Julie said...

Great cards, Lisa! I love how the distressing shows the white core of the embossed paper on your sketch card - it looks awesome! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Unknown said...

What beautiful cards you make!!
Alicia xx

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".