Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting Ready...

   Today is my last "free" day and boy is it gorgeous!  Right now it's after 5pm and I still have my windows open and it's beautiful.    It's so nice to have it this warm and still have bright sun at this time of day!

    I have only two cards to share and both were created for  Operation Write Home.   Other than that one challenge, and organizing my craft room, I have not done much else today.  It's just nice to totally relax and enjoy this weather.

      After dinner, I'll finish cleaning my room and have everything ready for class tomorrow!!  I totally LOVE classes and some of my favorites have been those that I started taking with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner on their new online classroom, which opened last Summer.   Tomorrow, we start our next class and this one is being taught by Tim Holtz and I think it'll be a lot of fun!!   And guess what, you still have time to enroll and join the fun.  All you need to do is go to the Registration page, Sign up - make you payment via PayPal and you're in!!    This class starts tomorrow and runs through April 2nd.   They are new videos and PDF files, every day (weekends excluded), student discounts to some fabulous craft stores, a forum and even a Class Galley for inspiration.  They also have had several Giveaways in the previous classes and they all of the classes have been wonderful.  I really enjoy them and have been looking forward to this, every since it was first announced.    You will also have Lifetime access to the classroom, videos and files and can work at your own pace.
   This will be  perfect way to learn about the newest products and also be refresher for any other products that I already own, but have not used in awhile.   I'm hoping, Tim will share inspiration and ideas on using the new Distress Markers and maybe even some of the new Dylusion products.
   
   Today, my goal was to take part in the weekly Sunday Sketch Challenge over at the Stars and Stamps blog and then to clean up my craft room and be totally ready and organized for tomorrow's class.  I have some new stamps and supplies that I had ordered from the Suggested Supply List and I want to have them all set and ready to go.

   My first task has been completed and I'm here to share my newest OWH Cards with you.  Both were inspired and created by today's new Sketch Challenge and I have also included a copy of this week's Sketch to share:
Sketch # 113

My Cards


   I made both cards with a Hugs sentiment and I think with these sweet little girls images, they will be very sweet for a Dad who is serving overseas and wants to send a card home to his special little Girl.  I do hope these cards will make some little girl, very happy to hear from her Dad (or Mom) who is serving in the Military.

   The first card features a cute little Digi Image from By Lori Designs and she's been colored with Copics.   My second card, also based on the same sketch was even easier to make, as it's a pre-color image that I bought from Lily of the Valley.  I think these sweet little images (they refer to them as die-cuts), are perfect for quick and easy cards.   They come on a sheet of six and are available in a variety of wonderful designs and themes.   The one I used today is from the "Friends and Flowers" set.  For my card, I cut down the image a bit and then matted it onto a layer of Lavender cardstock.   Many of the LOTV images are also available to buy as rubber stamps and they are very popular.

  And now, I am off to clean up my room and have it all set for the morning.   Typically, each class will be posted at midnight and we also receive ab email update, once it's ready.    I can't wait to see how it goes with Tim as our teacher and what new things we'll learn.    It's going to be a very busy and craft filled week and I'm almost ready to Create!!  WOOHOO!

14 comments:

Carol L said...

Both cards are so cute, and your coloring skills have become amazing!! NJ on them both!

SusanS said...

Lisa, your cards are precious. A couple of special girls will be thrilled to receive these cards. Have fun in your classes!!

Doris T. said...

So cute Lisa! Have fun in class, can't wait till you share your projects with us :) Hugs, Doris

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Both of your OWH cards are just precious. Great little image and die cut
Both are CAS and darling. Lovely colors and you are right, these are the perfect cards to send to a little girl. It sounds like your week will be fun filled. I hope you enjoy. I may sign up for the class later on, but for this spring I really don't have the time to put into any class. Karen is coming to stay here with us and will be going to Dana Faber for a trial, so she will be my number one priority for the next few months. Keep your fingers crossed for her please.
I look forward to seeing what you learn in class. Enjoy.
Hugs,
Donna

Cynthia T said...

Gee, Lisa, these cards are precious. I have a feeling you will have a great time at Tim's class. Let us all know what you learned!!

Unknown said...

Darling cards! Glad to hear we will be classmates again. I am taking Chem 101 too. The CAS class was so good I had to sign up for this one.

Jen M said...

What sweet cards, Lisa! Bet your class will be lots of fun!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Hi Lisa! Your cards are adorable, but I am leaning towards the first one with that sweet gingham paper!

Margaret said...

Both cards are fantastic. Your coloring is outstanding.

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

Both would be loved by any girl. The image on the second really appeals to me. Enjoy your class!

Julie said...

Great cards, Lisa! Such sweet images! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

PS - can't wait to see what you make in your class!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Both cards are so adorable Lisa - I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated!

Linda said...

Awesome cards! Love the colors and coloring on the first. Hope I get that good someday! Love the sentiments...so versatile! Thanks for sharing!!! Enjoy your class!

Theresa said...

Love those two cards Lisa!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love! Big hugs to you! Only two months to go until our Baltimore trip!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".