Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring, Spring....Spring!!!

   That's all that is on my mind today!  The sun is shining so brightly and it's now going on 5 PM, such a chance in a matter of weeks and the perfect way to move into my favorites seasons.    We still have a little bit of snow left on the ground, but with today's sun and warmer temps - it'll all be melted very soon!!

    Today, I have four new cards to share and they were ALL initially inspired by the new CAS Challenge being hosted today at The Outlawz.   Our challenge this week is to thing of Spring (easy for me) and to create a new CAS card that has some type of floral theme!   I actually had so much fun with this challenge and each and every card I made today would work perfectly for the challenge.   I'm not even sure which card I will submit, but it's likely one of these first three.

    As soon as I saw the theme, I knew that I would be using some of the new digi images I had just bought on Friday from A Day for Daisies.  I have always loved Tammy's wonderful artistic skills and her floral images have always been some of my favorites.    When I saw the new release on Friday, I knew right away that I had to add some to my collection and this first card features one of my favorites which is called - Baby Cherry Blossom.




    I really loved this image from the moment I saw it and I knew it would lovely colored with Copics which is what I did today.  I also added a tiny bit of ultra fine glitter for that little hint of extra sparkle!!

    My second card also features a new image from her store and this one is called "Chubby Flower Garden"  and I think it screams FUN and HAPPY!    It's such a cool image and will be one I know I'll use many times.   I really loved it from the moment I saw it and thought it would look best in vibrant colors, which is exactly what is used to color it today.  


   As you can see, I was very much back to using my favorite Copic colors -  lots of violets, blue violets and even red violets.  I also feel like my Mojo is back today and found it so easy to put these cards together.  Typically, I don't create four cards, so quickly, but the creative side of me was working wonderfully today and these are the kind of days where I totally LOVE to color and create!  It's such a JOY when everything goes together so well and you have all kinds of ideas!   Totally unlike the last couple of days!!

    For my next card, which is very likey the one that I consider most as a Clean and Simple card, I want to another of my favorite colors which is a light minty blue green shade and I used some Hero Arts Designer Pool cardstock for the background of this card.  This image is again from A Day for Daisies and another that I really like.  It's super easy to color and to add a look of glass to my bottle I simply added a layer of 3D Crystal Accents to the finish card!   I think this is the card that I'll plan to submit to the challenge!  


   And last but now least is the card I created for today's new Sketch Challenge over at the Stars and Stamps Blog.  This week we are working with Sketch  112 and this is a copy of that sketch that I brought over to share.   Our theme at OWH this week is Spring, which worked our perfect for me today!!



  My card is a bit different from the sketch, as my Sentiment would not work out well in an oval shape, but did seem to go well with my card.   It's from a Hero Arts set as is the cardstock I used for this card.  This image is also a digi, but this one is more of a butterfly and flourish theme and is from Bugaboo Stamps.   It's one I have had for quite some time and used often.  I really love coloring it with Copics too.


   I hope you are enjoying your day as much as I am.  I really look forward to Spring and now that we have changed the clocks, I know I'm really going to love all the extra daylight time.   I had a great first day and have a fun week coming up, including a new Memory Box class that I'm taking at my LSS on Tuesday!!  Then, it's only one more week and we'll be starting the Creative Chemistry 101 Online Class with Tim Holtz.   I can't wait, especially since this will be a techniques class!!!   Hope to see you in class, I know there at a lot of crafters signed up for this one and I think that will make it fun!   I have totally loved EVERY class that Jennifer and Kristina have offered in their online classroom and I'm sure this will be a bit hit too!     Yippee!!


   

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cards are so nice! I loved the "happy everything" card. Pat K.

Cynthia T said...

Each of these lovely card does scream "Spring" to me! The last one is really my favorite since I like the CAS look and the colorful digi.

SusanS said...

Beautiful cards! Great ideas! Pink is my favorite color and it always goes with your favorite - purple. Yea!! TFS!!

Jen M said...

Great cards, Lisa! You rock the florals! :)

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

a great group of cards - wonderful coloring - thanks for supporting OWH

Barb Housner

Anonymous said...

Lisa, All of these cards are really pretty but I especially love the OWH card. Sorry to hear of all the problems with your reservations, but it does sound like it all worked out in the end. You are going to have a lot more fun that weekend than I will be having in Texas. I wish things had worked out differently. Enjoy this upcoming week

Nancy Keller said...

Oh pretty! I love all of these... Those chubby flowers and the bugaboo stamp look like they were a lot of fun to color. Thanks for sharing!

Carol L said...

Great cards Lisa, and I especially like all the purple ones :) The last one is awesome with that great sentiment! NJ on them all!! Have a great week ahead!

Julie said...

Great cards, Lisa! I love the way the black mats on your sketch card really make the white panels pop. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Sybrina K said...

Lisa,

These are all just beautiful! TFS!!!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wonderful cards all of them!! Love to see all that purple :)

Cindy's Card Co said...

Lisa, all the cards are winners! I love all of them.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend, I finally made it over to visit your blog...whew, sorry it took so long. I was just over at Crafting by Design and thought about you and wondered how the ole' fibro was doing for you? I am still learning about it... pain in the butt that it is, LOL! I hope to be more chatty and we can get to know one another better...are you participating in the hop at CBD? I am also going to be one of March's guest designers...I think my dear friend Aletha was behind my getting that wonderful spot...anyway, I am babbling now so off to get some DT work finished. Drop by to say hi at my blog if you get the chance, would love to hear from you! http://elisabetpollock[dot]blogspot[dot]com
Hugs,
Beth

Delphine said...

They are all fantastic, Lisa! I love them all, your CAS look fab! But I have to admit I have a soft spot for Vs and BVs too:-)! Thank you for the lovely comment you left me about my GD card for CMC too (I am aware I am very late, things have been crazyyyy!!!) Enjoy the rest of your day! Hugs Delphine xx

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful cards, colors and sentiment. Love them all, Great inspiration to case and gleam. Many hugs.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".