Monday, June 4, 2012

Still raining....but dry inside!!

  It's another gloomy and rainy day here in Massachusetts, but thankfully the rain is not nearly has heavy and the  winds seem to be slowing down.  We do not see any more water leaking in, which is also a good thing.   We did contact our insurance and the adjuster will be here on Wednesday to see the damage.    We also had a roofer come by and he told us that some of the roof shingles are missing and apparently have blown off?  And he knew exactly where the leak was, without even seeing it.   He will be back when the weather is improved to see what the best solution is?   To repair it or to replace the entire roof is what we now need to decided!   YUK!!   This is not the fun kind of stuff I like to spend money on, but we'll do whatever is best and what will keep up dry and safe from more damage!!

   I spend most of the morning cleaning up more in my craft room and finishing up the 'One Direction' collage that I have been working on for Demi.   I think it's about ready to do, now I just need to find a box to ship it in, so that it will be protected and also get to her by the end of the week.

  I also worked on two new cards and both are fun and cute cards that were inspired by some new challenges. The first card was created for the new "color themed" challenge being hosted over at "A Blog Named Hero" and also for this current Hero Arts June Challenge which is "Thinking of You".   My image is a digital image by Bugaboo which I colored to match the colors form the logo, as shown below!



   I sure hope I have them right, as every time I look at the colors I'm a bit confused on whether it's yellow or green, so I used a combination of both in my design!!   I colored this image with my Copics and then started working on my background.  I first created a pink layer, and next used my Hero Arts Friend Definition Stamp (CG125) to create the second Blue layer, my third layer is a limey green, which represents the yellow/green color on the logo.   My "Thinking of You" sentiment is from Hero and is from the Friends (CL351) set of clear stamps.  I also picked out matching bling from my Hero Stash and put everything together to make this new card.


Update:   I found out this morning that I made TOP 5 and received a fabulous Award from A Blog Named Hero.   Here is my latest badge, which I am truly excited to have won!!




  My second card was created for a new Greeting Card Challenge being hosted today over at The Outlawz Group, where this weeks' theme is all about bugs/insects.  I picked out a second Bugaboo Image for this challenge, and colored her up with my Copics.  I then simply picked out some papers from my scrap bin and layered everything together to make this cute little card.   My sentiment is computer generated and was created with a new font and I just LOVE, called Parsley and Parsnips!!  Isn't it cute!!   


   I find that I'm really enjoying coloring the past couple of days...it's always very relaxing and the perfect way to keep me busy and keep my mind of wet walls and such!!   LOL!   Tomorrow, I'm heading to my LSS and will be taking this month's Card Club Class, which should be fun.  I'm not sure what the theme is and we never know until that day, but we did get a message this time to bring our favorite coloring medium and to expect to colors some fun and cute images!   I have also packed up a random selection of my Copics to bring with me!  I typically only take about 72 to a class, as I don't want to have to haul too much and don't want to chance losing any.

  Oh, and speaking of Copics, I'm going to be trying the newest line of Alcohol Markers which are the TOUCH Markers by ShinHan Art.    I ordered a set of 3skin-tone colors to try out, as these are far less pricey than the Copics.   Luckily, I have completed my Copic collection, but I still have quite a few refills to add.  It's a bummer that the Copic prices continue to increase over and over again.    I'm thinking if these color even close to my Copics, then I may add some new colors this way, versus buying my Copics!!   Yes, I do LOVE my Copics and so far, NOTHING has come close, but you never know.    It sure would be nice to have a nice alternative and a new way more crafters to enjoy creating with alcohol markers!    You can find them over  Susana's Custom Art and Card Design.   I ordered mine of Friday, and guess what---they have just arrived!!  WOOHOO!   I love Susana's super fast shipping and I'm excited to try them, along with a very sweet new set of Stamps, that were created by my friend, Marti-(Pezadoodle).  They are such a sweet set and will be perfect for using on Cards as well as Mixed Media projects!!     Marti!!   Check out the set, called M's Place -- they are super cute!!  

  I'm off now to for the day, so I can give them a try and then finish packing my craft bag for tomorrow's class!  I haven't been up to the store for awhile and they are having some awesome sales, to make room for all the new goodies that will come out at CHA!   I also printed out the new Class Supply list from the next class I'm taking in July.   It's the new Stretch Your Stamps class being hosted by Jennifer and Kristina and I enrolled last week.   This is one of the few classes, where I don't have many of the stamps sets on the list, so I want to add some to my collection, before the class starts on July 9th.  I love that they give the list in advance and that we also have promo codes for discounted shopping too!     I'm sure little by little, I'll add the sets I want and find some alternatives too!    Hope to see all my former classmates in the new class and for those of you who have not signed up, you can go HERE for all the details!!

4 comments:

Michelle Liimatainen said...

Beautiful cards! Where in MA are you? I am in Salem, on the North Shore. I really love your cards. Thanks for playing with us on A Blog Named Hero!

Tina said...

Such sweet cards! Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Michelle Lupton said...

Congrats on being a Blog Named Hero Heroine! Woo hoo!!

Ger said...

Gorgeous cards! Great colouring. Ger x.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".