Most of these cards were inspired or created for a challenge, but like yesterday I'm also making a lot of them out of things what I had half done, or with backgrounds I had stashed away. I'm trying to put everything to good use and not buy new things until I used up a lot of what I have! The one exception is that I will still be dding new Silhouette Images to my Library, since I have a monthly subscription and because I'm still building my Library!
My first two cards were both created with images that I purchased from the Silhouette Store. This first card is one that I created with die cuts that I had in my folder. Nothing was newly cut today, it was simply a matter of coming up with a design and putting it all together and then submitted it to the new August Challenge at Die Cut Divas, which you can find HERE!!
This next card was also submitted to the same challenge and was also created for this week's CAS Challenge over at "The Outlawz". The challenge theme is back to school and since I don't have young children and mine are long out of school, I really didn't' have any cute papers to use. I decided to shop at the Silhouette store and found a couple of new images for my Library. This morning I decided I wanted to use these cute crayons and since they are a "Print and Cut", it was easy to print the and them run them through the Cameo to cut them out. My Back to School Sentiment was created with a very old "Creative Lettering" software program by CK. I have had it since I first started cardmaking, and it still works great, even though I have Windows Vista, which can be tricky with old programs. Luckily, it's always worked fine, but I do forget I even have it.
My next card was also created for a challenge at The Outlawz and this one is the Paper a la Mode Challenge. The theme for the challenge this week is "CIRCUS"...vintage or modern and at first that one had me a bit stumped. I did go to the Silhouette store, but really did not find any images that I "loved". I did find some cute pattered paper, which I did add to my collection. Even so, I still needed more and that's when I thought about my digi images? Did I have any clowns? Yes...I actually had a couple and I printed them all out, and colored them up with my Copics. In the end, I picked this one "a girlie" clown and created this cute card which I'm submitting to the challenge next!!
And next we have another easy card that was inspired by two brand new challenge. One being today's new "Greeting Card Challenge", also at The Outlawz and the second is the new Copic Challenge being hosted at the Color Me Creative Classroom, where we've been challenged to create our own background. Yippee! I can use up another of my backgrounds and this is one I make in a Mixed Media Class, I took with Marti Wills, when we all went to Baltimore for the Girl's Getaway Weekend. Marti taught us several new idea and this very simple lilac background was one we made that weekend, she also teaches the Mixed Media Classes at the Color Me Creative Classroom and have a few new classes coming up soon!
Once I had my pretty background cut down to the size I wanted, I then added two trips of lime green on each size, to create little borders. Next, I took my image (Violets by Bugaboo), which just happened to be one that was already colored and sitting in a folder, waiting to be used. Yaay again!! -- using more of the things I have started and put in folders for the future!! Now is the future and it's NICE to have so many of the card 'pieces' started! All I needed to do was cut the scalloped circles that I matted on my violets and then come up with a card design. I put it all together, and then added some of the brand new Ranger Ultra Fine Glitter (loving it), stamped on a Sentiment, (by Lawn Fawn), and my card was done and ready for both challenges!
And this last card, was created all for fun as I did not originally have a challenge in mind. However, after I finished it I remembered about the Make it Monday Challenge, which turned out to be perfect. Not only is Bugaboo the sponsor, but this card, as with the other two above were all created with Bugaboo Images. I'm a huge fan and I'm sure you know, I LOVE to color them. They are also been so fun to color and that's also party why I have a folder of images colored. Whenever I do buy new ones, I will often print out a full page and color them all. Whatever I don't use right away, is put into my folder and that's exactly where this one came from today. I cut it down to the size I wanted and matted it onto a piece of black cardstock and then picked out a pretty purple card base. I embossed the strip in a Chevron pattern and was able to make this card in about 30 minutes. How cool is that!! It also is one of my favorites today and is a good CAS card, which was my goal.
5 comments:
What an inspirational day you had. Such bright happy cards and I love your MIM one. That strip of embossing makes the image pop out. Saw this on MIM.
Hugs
Margaret M
Wow, you've been busy! Great cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
FABulous cards! My favorites are the purple and green colour scheme cards. Sooo pretty. I found you at MIM.
Hi Lisa, thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comments.
This is a great collection of cards, love the watering can one, beautiful.
Avril xx
Just love all of your wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us at Color Me Creative. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia
Post a Comment