I have pretty much been creating all day and I'm so excited and happy because I really like ALL my cards today and my Mojo was in high gear! Yippee!! So much better than it has been in a while and it allowed me to complete seven brand new cards! Seven for Sunday and I think that is a record for sure. Woohoo!!
I started off by printing our a variety of digi images that I knew I wanted to use for some of my cards, all of which were inspired by challenges. Once I had my images printed I sat and colored them with my Copics and then started on each card. One way I keep track of challenges I want to enter is to print out a copy of the challenge and I keep them on my art desk. I also print out images of cards or ideas that I really like and also sometimes use them as more inspiration as well as sketch ideas! Then, when I am ready to create, I always have some things ready for work on! Today's first card was for this week's Twisted Thursday Challenge over at The Outlawz and the theme this week is Best Friends. I knew I wanted to doing something different, so I chose this adorable Bug & Roo image from By Lori Designs. This is a dear image and I bought it when it was first designed. I love the store behind the image and I think these sweet little babes will always be "Forever Friends" which is what I named this new card.
My next card also features another of Lori's adorable Lollipop Digi images and was created for this week's Copic Coloring Challenge which is hosted every Friday, also at The Outlawz. This week's theme is Back to School and I knew this image would be adorable, especially when colored with vibrant alcohol inks!!
This card is also being entered into this week's Back To School Challenge that is being hosted over at Through the Craftroom Door! Come on over and join the fun!!
And then we have this sweet little Angel card that was created for Saturday's Paper a la Mode Challenge, which you can find HERE!! The theme for this week is called "Spread Your Wings" and the idea is to create any type of paper-crafting projects that shares your interpretation of this theme. My very first thought was an Angel, and I knew that's what I wanted to use as the image for my card. I started browsing my digi gallery and picked this sweet image from is from DigiStamps4Joy, but realized after that she is considered a fairy, as her name is Freckled Face Fairy? Even so, I think she looks like a sweet little angel, so in my heart that's how I see her and why I used her for my card!
My next two cards were created today and these are both for the weekly Sunday Sketch Challenge, hosted every week over at Operation Write Home's - Stars and Stamps Blog. This week we have a brand new sketch, which I have copied over to share here on my blog!! Everyone is ALWAYS welcome to not only play in this challenge, but to also create and donate cards to OWH!
Sketch # 135
My Cards
I did change the design a tiny bit to make it work out better for my senitments, but it was another awesome sketch and I always look forward to this challenge every week.
And now were are getting close to the end and the next challenge I wanted to play along is the Sunday CAS Challenge, which is hosted every Sunday at The Outlawz and along with the Sketch Challenge is always a favorite. But, by now I was getting tired, so I wanted to create something fast and easy and with a them of Animals, I quickly found this adorable "pre-colored" digital image that I printed out for my card. I added in a computer generated and quickly had this fun little card. I don't recall exactly where I bought these cute pre-colored images, but I do have few of them in my file. That's another thing that need a lot of reorganizing, as I must have over 1,000 different images now and the majority are ALL in one folder! Yikes! No wonder it takes me so long to find what I want to use! Luckily, I do try to name them, so a search can help, but not always. I do have all my Digi Flowers, Digi Sentiments and Digi Backgrounds in separate folders, but are still TOO many in one folder! Any ideas??
And just went I thought I was done for the day....I started second guessing whether or not a bird is an animal, (long time since I've been in school), and decided to make another card. (NOTE: I have since been back on the computer and after a quick Google search, I am now certain that a Bird is an Animal)!! Ooops! But, since I had already created this cute little card, with a "doggie" digi from DigiStamp Boutique I decided to use this as my card for the challenge!! I am also submitting my card to the August Customer Challenge at DSB blog!!
And it was just about this time I picked up all the card to get them ready to photograph and when I realized that there were seven cards!! Woweeeeeeeee!! It sure felt good to accomplish all this and it was so much fun -- this is WHY I love to create, it's a JOY!!



17 comments:
Isn't it great when things come together so well! Love how you echoed the spots on the dog with the embossing.
Holy cow! You had a fantastic day, didn't you? I don't even know where to start.... You have really mastered the Copics, I wish I had more time to play with them and get better at it. I especially like the star card, mainly because you used something other than red, white and blue. Great job! Don't go to sleep, maybe you'll get another seven done that you also really like tomorrow!
busy day - I got several done today so I WAS FEELing pretty good about it - but not any more.
great group of cards
Barb Housner
Oh my goodness -- you have been busy. Glad your mojo is back and running. Maybe you can help me find mine LOL Looking at all your cards -- I am getting inspired. Great group of cards. Great coloring on all of them.
Thanks,
Sharon
Holy toledo g/f you have been busy! Love each and every one! I also think your sweet fairy looks like an adorable angel! Sweet coloring and always great color combo's! Glad your mojo is up and running and you had a blast doing it all! Hugz!
WOOHOO!!! I think the angel & back to school are my two favorites! That yellow gigham paper is perfect! TFS!!!
Nice way to spend a Sunday. Love the green.
Way to go Lisa. I too had a fab crafting day yesterday. Made gifts for friends, but can't display them yet. I do however have a new Christmas gift to share if you wanna pop around. hugs Sharon xx
Great cards, Lisa. I'm totally impressed you made 7!
Beautiful cards, Lisa! I love all those polka dots!! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!
You did a great job with the OWH sketch cards Lisa but every single one of these is a winner. Wow, talk about being a roll! Love the Oh Happy Day bird and the Polka Dotted Dog, too cute!!
Your card is so cute Lisa! I love your image and your coloring is beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Through The CraftRoom Door for this challenge.
Huggs
OMGosh Lis! Wowie! Seven cards in one day is an amazing feat to say the least! I'm impressed! And they're all just as cute as can be! Good luck in your challenges.
Happy Huggies to you ~
Sharron♥
Super great job, Lisa. You have really been busy. I'll bet you feel rewarded for your work though. Love, love, love all your cards.
Stunning creations Lisa! - thank you for taking part in the DigiStamp Boutique Comp...Sally-Ann :o)
Wow - so productive! I hope you'll link up again at 52 Car Pickup this week!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html
So wonderful you are once again on the up swing. What a fabulous productive day and I love all of your cards. Favorite of course is you "I believe in Angels" O;)!
Looking forward to sharing with you in the KickStart class by OCC.
Angel
Post a Comment