Sunday, July 14, 2013

Creativity....

   I've had a fun weekend!  Not only have we had nice weather which has me out a lot with the pups, but I've also had lots of time to create and that's been extra fun.   I find if I take them for a nice long walk a few times a day, they come back all tired out and take nice long naps!!

   Yesterday, that worked out perfectly and just in time for me to take part in the latest Scramble over at the Hero Arts Flick Group!   This week Jayne was our hostess and she came up with a great challenge for us.  We had our normal 90 minutes and had to create a project that included three elements.   We had to "frame" something on our card..."think polaroid photo", was her suggestion.  We also had to place something at a slant/angle and the last thing was to include something metallic.  

    I thought it sounded fun and actually manged to get two cards done, which makes me happy.  My first card started with me creating a frame using my Nestie Matting Dies.  I wanted that to be for a die cut butterfly which I created with one of my Memory Box dies.   This is my finished card and in the end, I really like it.  I think out of all the Scramble cards I've ever done, this is one of my favorites and doesn't look like I "rushed" to get it done.



  And this is my second card, which is another one that I really like.  In hindsight, I can see now that I did not do a great job embossing the sentiment, and must have not inked up the sentiment fully before I added the Silver Embossing Powder, (I'm missing part of the "y").   Other than that "oops", which can easily happen in a Scramble, I really love the colors and the design and can easily fix the Sentiment, when it's time to use this card.


  That brings me to today, and my goal was to crate a new card for the current MUSE challenge, which has really stumped me.  I wanted to "think of of the box" and not try and use the same ideas as the MUSE, but I just could not find the right mix and after my first take (this card), I almost gave up and moved on to another challenge.   I loved the ideas of using this cute little "Paper Smooches" Pup, but my card is simply too plain and doesn't really reflect the MUSE card.....???  It's my "fail" card of the week...but I'm sharing just to show  you I tried something different.



    I went back to my desk and again looked at the Muse Card, which I have copied over to share with you here.

.  
And after another try, this is my new card!!


   I just happened to have the same Sentiment from Paper Smooches and liked the idea of use a combination of vibrant pink and blue birds, although instead of her cute flamingos, which I don't own, I used a set of Memory Box dies to cut out mine and then colored them with my Copics.  At first I thought I would have them on a line, but then decided to go with this fun tree and branch die, which is from Simon Says Stamp.

   My last card today is one that I created to Summer Card Camp and it was based on our Homework from Friday, where we were provided with a wonderful new palette of fabulous color combinations to use to create more cards.   We also had an "open" theme and could create anything we wanted, using one of the new color combinations!   I chose one that had my favorite colors, which in if you don't already know is "Purple"/    At first I thought about making a window card, after falling in Love with a card that Kristina had shared, but in the end, I created something very different which is this "With all my Heart" card, that features this wonderful sentiments which is a die set that Kristina designed for Simon Say Stamps.  I love her handwriting and have purchased pretty much all the dies and stamps sets she created.  Love them!! 



  I am super excited for tomorrow new class and also really loved seeing the cards that were featured yesterday.  I'm also planning to create at least one more card from this week and hope to get that done soon.  
  For now I'm signing off and going to get ready to go out for a late lunch/early dinner with Hubby.  I've been dying for some seafood and living here on the coast, we certainly have so many great places to choose.  My favorites are fresh haddock, filet of sole and broiled scallops and I'm not sure what I'll order today, but I'm thinking it will be delicious!  Luckily, Alex just came home, and he will keep an eye on the pups while we are gone.  It's not that I never leave them, but typically, it's just me leaving, after everyone else has long gone for work.  I'm not sure they will be happy about Hubby and I both leaving together!  Hopefully, it will be fine and when we get home, I can feed them and take them for an nice walk, to walk off some of my dinner!   Hope you are all having a nice weekend and hope your dinner is going to be as wonderful as mine!!

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Yay! You made it! Fun, vertical take on this week's Muse, Lisa - thanks for playing along! Don't forget to vote tomorrow!

Cat Craig said...

Lisa, loved your cramble cards, nd your second muse is delightful. Lovely color grouping you chose for scc2.

Darnell said...

You always have an array of wonderful cards for inspiring all of us, Lisa! I came over to tell you how much I like your take on the MUSE card!!

Kathryn A said...

Great cards, Lisa! I really love your sympathy card, and your pup is verrrrrry cute!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love your take on the Muse card - those birds are so sweet in the tree!

lostinpaper said...

Another amazing collection of cards Lisa. It's always an inspiration to visit you here!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".