Monday, July 8, 2013

First Day of Summer Camp!!

   Yes, that's me and I'm very happy to have completed my first day in the brand new online card class, known as "Summer Card Camp II", which is hosted by the fabulous Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner in their online classroom.   I am also honored to be one of the many students who has had the pleasure and opportunity to be in each class that these awesome designers have offered, which all started in the Summer of 2011, with Summer Card Camp, which has always been one of my favorite classes.




   Today, I'm here to share the very first card I created in Camp and although I can not share any actual class content, all students are free to share their own creations.   For the first week were are working with a wonderful "Summer Inspired" color combination, along with some fantastic sketches.   We have had some great videos today from both Jennifer and Kristina and they also shared two of their card ideas, along with another great card by Maile Belles, who is today's Guest Designer, and a wonderful designer of clean and simple cards!!   WOOHOO!!

    My first card was inspired by all of the colors in this week color combo, as well as one of the sketches we were provided with today.    I also loved the card that Jennifer shared and my card is somewhat based on her design and style.   I love cards with large banners like this and have created many, so I was really drawn to this sketch and when with a fun theme of "Love", in celebration of my Anniversary, which just happens to be today!!    Hubby and I were married 23 years ago today, although it doesn't seem like it could possibly be that long....it's kind of like my boys...they grow up so fast and you can hardly imagine that the years have flown by!!

   I do hope you like this card and stop by all week and throughout the class, as I plan to share a least one card each day!  I also plan and hope to combine the ideas from class to still take part in my favorite challenges too.  


   I am heading back to Camp now and want to let you know there is still plenty of time to join this fun new class.  Today is only the very first day and the class runs from July 8 - July 29th!!   Three fun-filled and very creative weeks.   To sign up now, please go to the home page on the Online Card Classroom - HERE and sign up!   I know you'll LOVE these classes and I highly recommend them to ALL!!!





 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How funny! I was just about to break out that same die for my card.

Unknown said...

Very pretty and colorful.....true to the sketch!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Wow Lisa! You are quick off the mark! I've signed up but the classes are online at midnight, so my card will have to wait until I get home tonight! Can't wait to make one of those sketches!

ThePurplePlace said...

Oh cool! I'll be sure to look for your card in the Gallery!! :) I'll bet it comes out great!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks so much! I really loved the sketch...it was FUN!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Cecilia -- looking forward to seeing your creations in the Gallery! I'm sure they will be fabulous...you are super talented!!!

Laurie said...

I love this! The background envelope pattern is just right! I took that first class too and loved it! Glad to be taking another one!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".