Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My love of Hero Arts....

  In case you haven't noticed Hero Arts has pretty much before my favorite product line and I find that I love some many of their wonderful stamps, inks and their amazing papers and note cards.   Lately, I have been stocking up on their fabulous layering papers, which is far more like a card stock, than a paper and is my favorite to used for creating my own card bases, because the color on only on the outside, leaving the inside white and perfect for messages.

   I also love the note cards that are from the same line and come in the same colors, but quickly learned that I can make a lot of more cards from the layering papers, which make them the most cost friendly to purchase. I buy most of mine from one of my favorite Etsy Stores and that's the A2Z Scrapbooking, which you can find here.  Not only do they have the papers, but they also have all the latest stamps and products and always offer a promo code which saves me money and is a plus.   On top of the they ship SUPER fast, most often the very same day I place my order and their shipping charges are very reasonable!!  I'm happy to recommend the store and hope you'll check them out and give them some business -- Very soon!  If you are shopping soon, be sure to use the current Promo Code -- Christmas13, which saves you 13 percent on your order!  Happy Shopping!!

  Today, is like a Summer day here, so I've spent a lot of time outside and that's been a joy, but I also have been on a roll with cardmaking and the addiction of creating every day is back on my mind, so I am determined to spend some time in my craftroom, every day -- which truly is my passion.

  And today, I used lots of my favorite Hero goodies and have two new cards to share with you.  The first was created for the brand new challenge be hosted over at "A Blog Named Hero", where the theme is "Shaped Cards", a theme I enjoy because I do love to try new things and often will make cards in shapes other than the standard A2 size.  For this card, I decided I wanted some type of circular card and pulled my my "Grand Nestie Scalloped Circles" to Die cut my card, from one of the favorite color Layering Papers -- Tide.   I quickly realized that a doily that was lying on my desk, looked perfect in the center of the card, but I knew I needed to add some type of stamped image to that to make it really pop.  I picked out the "Pom Pom Flower" Stamp, also by Hero (of course), and stamped that directly onto some white cardstock and heat embossed it in white with Hero's White Embossing Powder.  I then took my Peacock Feathers Inks\ and applied it directly to the embossed flower and quickly misted on a little water.  I then dabbed the excess off and put it aside to dry.   Once it dried, I hand cut out the flower and popped up on foam dots to the center of the doily and added some bling for a nice sparkly center.  I then stamped my "Hello Friends" Sentiment, again from a Hero Arts Sentiment Set, called "All Occasions Messages", which I also stamped the Tide Pool Ink and punched out with an old SU Punch.  I finished off my card by adding a matching bow and here it is:



   I am so in love with this gorgeous aqua shade and I'm sure if you follow me often, you've seen it a million other time.  I also love the Pool shade and Shallows with is an even lighter shade but equally as pretty.

   My next card also features more of these pretty aqua tones and is a card that I needed in a hurry today, and it's very pretty Thank You card that was totally inspired by Cecilia, one of the member of the awesome Hero Art Flickr Group and I love so much!   I spend a lot of time over there and am always in awe of the talent in this group.  There are some many fabulous designers, many of which are often published, win lots of contests and design for some of the most well-known blogs and stores!    I joined the group almost three years ago now, after meeting Jennifer McGuire and taking two really awesome classes with her at my LSS.  It was about that time, that I realized how much I was starting to buy more and more from Hero and Jennifer, as you likely know works for Hero Arts and also is partnered with Kristina Werner in the wonderful Online Card Classroom, where I take most of my online classes!!!  

  Every member of the Hero Group is a huge fan and whenever I find I'm really stuck on idea, I start browsing the Hero Photostream for inspiration.   Today, it was only a matter of minutes before I found Cecilia's card, which I'm sharing below!   You can also see it over on her blog -- "Cecilia's Cards".  It was the classic clean and simply design that caught my attention and I knew I could come up with something fun using that design.

Cecilia's Card

My Card (Inspired by Cecilia)

  I started with another piece of that gorgeous Tide Layering Paper and cut it in half to create my card base.  Next, I grabbed my Tide Pool Ink along with a Hero Background Stamp "Everything Flower" and stamped it over the front the card.  I let that dry and began my top section, which you might notice I cut wrong (mine is backwards), but I think it still works, so I left it alone.  This was cut from the Bundle of Joy (Boy) Patterned Paper by Echo Park.  I then added score lines, like Cecilia and stamped on my Thank You Sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.  I added two black pearls and I was done and I'm so happy at how it came out.  I love the design and now it's one I'll likely use again!   My thanks to Cecilia for sharing it on her blog and at the Hero Flickr Group!!  Woohoo!!  

   NOTE:  After talking to Cecilia, I found out that she based her card of the latest challenge sketch at Retro Sketches - Challenge #83, which you'll find HERE!!      Here is a copy of the sketch I love so much and my card is now also being submitted to the current challenge!! 


  Oh and if you enjoy "Scrambles" the next 90 minute Scramble at the Hero Group is being hosted this coming Saturday, October 5th, starting at 10 am, Eastern Time!   For more details, go HERE!   All members are welcome to play and this group is open to All Hero Arts Fans....!

  ....Gotta run, Scout is barking and wants OUT right now, so I better take him, as he's been very patient waiting for me to finish this post..!!   Good Boy, Scout!!

2 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lisa, love your cards! Thanks for the mention! It's a great sketch, I have more masculine cards to make, so I may make another one too!

cm said...

Just thought I'd pop in for a visit, and WOW, I'm sure glad I did! Your two cards here are gorgeous! Love the aqua, and they're each perfect for the challenges you've entered! If I had to choose which one I liked best - no way! They're both gorgeous!! Off to see what else you've created recently...
c

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".