Today, I have a fun little assortment of "happy" style cards to share and all of these cards are the type that are super easy, yet fun to make. My first card was inspired by the new CAS Challenge over at "The Outlawz Challenges", where the theme this week is all "Rest and Relaxation"....and to me one of the most relaxing things in my life, is creating!!
Since the pups were all napping when I started on my cards, I thought it would be fun to make a card related to them and their naps and just happened to have this sweet little "Pillow Talk" stamp set that Kristina Werner created for Simon Says Stamp. I also had these really fun little digi dog images that I bought awhile back on Etsy and I combined the two together to make this card, which I am submitting to the challenge.
And with animals, especially my dogs, often on my mind, I found that I was in the mood to create some more animal inspired cards and wanted to use these adorable cuties which I bought at Lili of the Valley. These pre-colored and little images came in a full sheet (European Size) and also are pre-colored and ready to cut or punch and add them to a card base. A very fun, and super easy way to make cards fast! These are some leftover sheets I had bought last year, and now they have changed them a bit and they are now sold in little packs, which they call Art Pads, which you can order pre-colored or also in B&W. I also have a set of those and will look forward to sitting down with my Copics and coloring, another day!! also offer the same in B&W, which I also bought, because I so love to color, but of course, today, I can seem to find where I put that set? LOL!!
This is the first card I created and I named this one "BFF's", for Best Forever Friends and because I think they two look like they are having a wonderful day walking in the snow. I think they make adorable cards and the best part is that you can use just like a stamped image, only you don't have to color, which is perfect for those days when you are rushed or simply want to make several cards in a short time.
This fun card is being submitted to the October Challenge over at Stamping Sensations, where the theme for the month is "All Creatures Great and Small". I thought this was perfect with the big bear and his tiny little penguin friend!
This is my second one and for this card, I used a Nestie Circle Die to cut out the LOTV Image and then matted it onto some matching patterned paper. I used the same paper to stamp on my sentiment, which is a new one that I picked up at my LSS the other day. It's from Memory Box, one of my all time favorite companies for Dies and Stamps, along with Poppy Stamps, which is the spin off of Memory and owned by Dave's Children, how fun is that!! I'm lucky enough to have met the entire family, when they spent the Summer of 2012, traveling across the country with Dave teaching classes along the way!! It was really a pleasure to meet them and so inspiring to see the kids now have their own separate company!
My next card is by FAR the easiest card I created today and it all started with a digital sentiment that is one of my favorite, because it contains a HUG!! I love any sentiment that has Hug in it and have often bought a full stamp set, for one Hug stamp. I printed it out in Purple and then cut my own window card topper using another Nestie Circle Die. I then took a framed embossing folder and ran that piece through my Cuttlebug before I added it to a lavender Hero Hues Card Base. To finish off this very CAS card, I wanted a little Sparkle and added some Hero Accent Gems, which I LOVE!! This card was created to send to a friend who have been having a rough time lately. I want her to know that I card and that a Hug is always available should she need it!!
My final card today is another Christmas Card and I again am using one of my favorite new Christmas Stamps Sets, which is the fabulous circle set, another SSS Exclusive!
I have a feeling you'll be seeing lots of cards that feature this set, along with the fabulous "Shari's Trees" stamps by Hero Arts! Love Love Love them all and they are exactly my style!!
And now it's time to feed the dogs and then have our own dinner!! I'm excited that Hubby always cooks on Sunday night and that's always a treat for me! The Pups are hungry now and can't' wait a moment longer to eat...!! I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully have some more next cards. Have a great evening and as always, Happy Crafting!!
3 comments:
Lisa, glad you found more quiet time to made some adorable cards. They are all great, but I have to say I love,love,love the BFF card. Enjoy the upcoming week, although it is going to start getting colder in our neck of the woods.
Hi Lisa, I hope you are keeping well. I know how you feel my craftroom is my favourite place to be too & I love the gorgeous cards you've been creating :o)
Take care & have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx
Ooh how many beautiful cards. The one with penguin and teddy is really gorgeous. Love the woodgrain background on it. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
Eret x
Post a Comment