Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!!!!

   I wanted to take a moment to wish all of my friends and family and very Happy, New Year.  May 2014 be a year full of Happiness, Good Health and lots of LOVE!!

   

   One of my goals for this year is to be more organized and that began this weekend with major changes in my craft room.   My son, (thank you Alex), volunteered to help me rearrange the room, so that I would have more space and one of the first things I wanted to go was the big old TV that I rarely even watch. I think it's more for background noise and I'm finding I like my iTunes music, much more, not to mention it will also save us from renting that silly box from DirecTV.   
   With Alex's help, I have moved around ALL the furniture (all from IKEA) and am now in the process of purging (yes again), and also putting everything back in my bookcases as well as still working on organizing my stamps and dies!!  

    Santa brought me an amazing new Brother Sewing Machine for Christmas and I know have a space for that, as well as a new work area.   This is the same exact machine that Kristina Werner owns and had recommended on her blog.   I added it to my Amazon wish list and was very happy to see it on Christmas morning.  Now, I simply have to learn how to use it, but have watched a few videos and it's seems very user friendly, which is a big plus for me.   

     Alex also had rearranged his room and ended up have a really nice long white table (another IKEA piece) that he no longer was using and that's what gave him the idea of giving it to me for my room.    That nice table is now a new work areas and will be where I do my sewing, die cutting and even some stamping and embossing, freeing up my other table for my colors and card assembling!!    It will take time to get it all totally organized, but I'll be sure to share some pics in the end!!

     In the meantime, I'll share a couple pics of the pups from Christmas morning!  They all the cute little Christmas outfits, they girls had Red Velvet "Lil Diva" hoodies and Scout has an "Ugly" Santa Sweater, which he did not wear very long.  I've quickly learned that Scout is not a "Fashionista" like the girls!!  LOL



Despite trying to get a few different pics of Scout, 
he was not happy with his Santa Sweater and kept running away from me??  
This is the best I was able to come up with :( !!

Clearly he did not want a picture posted of him in this sweater???  He's trying to get away, while Skye was trying to eat the Pom Pom from the Santa's Hat!!  Bummer, because it really was an adorable sweater...not one bit "Ugly"!!



   That's it for today!  I'm off to keep on working on putting everything in a new place and trying very hard not to KEEP anything I really do NOT need or USE!!   I have already filled an entire recycle bin with craft magazine and wish I knew of someone who wanted them.  It's a shame that I read them the week they arrive and never seem to look at them again.  That's also why I'm not longer subscribing to any magazines, as this is always what happens.....!!    Such a waste of paper and not very Green, on my behalf!!

3 comments:

Carol L said...

Happy New Year Lisa, and good luck with that craft room! The dogs look adorable in their sweaters :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about your new table sewing room and more space to work, Lisa. I'm wishing you, Alex and your "babies" a wonderful New Year. Have a fantastic day. We're in for 12" today/tomorrow and I think you are also. Stay in and craft, that's my plan.

joy said...

Sounds wonderful Lisa! I have a very small room, but do have two work tables, one for designing and assembling, one for my paper cutter and some other tools. However, I have set up a separate area on my washer/dryer for my Big Shot with a shelf above where I store some of my dies and embossing folders. Good thing I live alone; I can do pretty much whatever I want!!!

Am back from Colorado and will probably get back to making some cards in a few days. Playing catch up right now! Happy 2014t to you - looking forward to seeing more of your creations in the new year.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".