Sunday, January 5, 2014

More Challenge Creations...

    I am very excited to seem to be on a roll today, especially since it's been ages since I have created not only five cards in a day, but also two blog posts!!  WOOHOO!!

  It's also exciting to be back to creating with purpose and for me that means getting back to donating the majority of my cards again to Operation Write Home.  It's something I fell very behind on after I adopted my first Puppy (Skye), back in April and then when I adopted (Zeva) her sister, in September, my craft time was pretty much wiped out.  But, now that they are settled in, it's really fun to know that I can spend so much time creating!   It also hopes that Hubby and Alex are both home, so they are playing with all three today!!   Happiness!!

   The next card I created today will be going right into my OWH Stash and I know I have several cards here, that also can be added to that pile.  I simply need to take some time and add an OWH Sticker to the back and also "tuck" each one into an A2 envelope and include a packing slip!!  I send off a batch everything I can fill a Flat Rate Envelope or small box and also try to include a postage donation with each shipment.  If you would like to donate or create cards for OWH, please go HERE for all the details!!  I have been making cards for them for almost four years now and love being a part of this amazing group!

    The inspiration for this card also comes from one of the many challenges that the group sponsors on the Stars and Stamps blog.  Sunday has always been on of my favorites at it's always a Sketch Challenge and every week features a new sketch.  This week the sketch we are on Sketch #206 , which I have copied to share with you here --

206

My card


   I loved the sketch and as always, I simply changed it up a tiny bit to add the heart a banner for my sentiment which is from Paper Smooches.  I think it's a wonderful sentiment for a OWH card!!   I also used many scraps that were leftover from the other cards I made this morning (see this post).  

   If you have any cards that you would like to donate, you can also feel free to send them to me and I'll include them with my next shipment.   You can also send yours directly following all the shipping details HERE!!   And lastly, you can sign up to follow the blog and receive updates on their ongoing events HERE! Sandy Allnock, the OWH Executive Director, and amazing designer, also offers a wonderful array of knowledge and ideas and you can even watch her on OWH TV !  Besides all that OWH even has their very own Facebook page!  They are a very dedicated group and provide a wonderful service to our Troops serving overseas! 

    My final card of the day was inspired by another of my favorite challenges and it's the Cas(E) this Sketch Challenge, which you can find HERE!!   I am so happy that I had the extra time to get a card done and posted (on time) for this challenge as it's one I LOVE to take part in!  I am sharing a copy of the current Sketch below and you still have a few days to enter and play along!!


My Card

  As I am sure you may have noticed, this sentiment set "Group Hugs" from "Paper Smooches" has been a big hit for me lately and I have used it on many of my cards!  I LOVE their sets and even their dies and have built up a nice collection!  Another store and line I totally LOVE!!

  This card was super easy to create and it's because it's a Clean and Simple card a style I absolutely LOVE.  I basically used things that were already on my desk and came up with this cute card in a matter of minutes, thanks to the great sketch that I had to work with!!  Hope you like it and will join me in the challenge!!

  Now I'm off to get the dogs fed and relaxing, before it's time for our supper.  It's been a nice day, sunny and cold (in the 30's), but not that horrible frigid weather we had once the snow arrived.  I hope you are all enjoying a nice day and that your weather is better too!  In the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful week and a very happy 2014!

18 comments:

Diane said...

Really like the blue and black together and the sentiment banner on your OWH sketch card! TFS

Jen M said...

These are beautiful, Lisa! I think I need to go look at the paper smooches site... Love their sentiments and fonts!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, these are two very nice cards. I love the color blue in your first card and your second card holds a terrific sentiment that we should all live by. I hope you don't freeze Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. It's going to be frigid here.Way too cold for those babies to stay out. Mine won't even go out in this weather. LOL Enjoy the week.

Anonymous said...

I really like what you did with the OWH sketch. The addition of the banner is great! Your second card is wonderful as well. I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and use more white on my cards and what you have done here is great inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Sybrina K said...

Lisa, It's always great to see cards from you! Both of these cards are so nice. Love the heart you used on the sketch card.

Unknown said...

Great cards! Love your take on this week's OWH sketch, so love your color choice, could be for a guy or gal. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
I love the teal and black together. It makes your cards so elegant. This storm is a humdinger. We have so much snow the snowplow keeps getting stuck. Hunker down and stay Warm! it's on it's way!

Elizabeth

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Welcome back Lisa, I've missed you! Love your take on this week's sketch, with the pop of turquoise. Love the simplicity of your second card too. Thanks for playing!

ThePurplePlace said...

Awww thank you Marlene--that comment just made my day!! It's nice to be missed!! Hugs to YOU!!

ThePurplePlace said...

The snow and cold has been brutal, although today it's in the 40's foggy and that change has melted a huge amount of our snow! Yippee!! But, the arctic air is due back in another day, so it's not much of a break, but I'll take it!! I had heard we were going to have a bad winter and with this start, I'm guessing they were right! Not a happy girl here in New England...the cold is just awful with Fibro, as I'm sure you know! Thankfully, I can use the woodstove on the really cold days and that's a wonderful thing! Take care!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you Cheryl!! I loved the sketch!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Sybrina -- I really enjoy adding LOVE, Hearts, or HUGS to my cards, all year round and that seemed to be the fun extra touch for this one!! Great sketch and such a fun day for me!! I so LOVE when I feel well enough to create and the cards come out so easily! :)

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks you!!! I have learned to LOVE making the CAS style of cards, but I admit it did take me a long time as was way out of my comfort zone at first too! I'm sure you'll do awesome!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Today feel heavenly after the bitter cold, but I know it's only for one day! Oh and my little girls also will not even think about going out on the Frigid days, they still use their Puppy pads and I think it's fine. They are doing great with them and I'll rather pick up a pad and toss it then have them frozen out there! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Paper Smooches has amazing stamps....one of my favorites for sentiments and I now LOVE their dies....you'll love them too! Happy SHopping!!! I had Happy Mail from them today, with a new set of sentiments and a new die set from the new release!! Love love love!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks Diane --- I just realized we both live in MA and seeing you pic makes me think I may have seen you at a class at AE sometime....I have a horrible memory, but you sure look familiar!! Absolutely Everything is my LSS and I love it!! Great place, if you have never been! Its' in Topsfield, and is about 40 minutes from me, but sooo worth the drive!!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the contrast of the blue and black patterns! Congrats on your crafting time!!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Thank you!!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".