Saturday, January 18, 2014

Spring Fever!!

   Yesterday was such a nice day, not only was I able to spend more time outside and be comfy, I also was out in Flip-Flops, something I can't do nearly as often as I'd like in the Winter.   It was a wonderful day, very much like and early Spring day and boy did it give me Spring Fever!!   But...that has now quickly ended, as I'm looking at the window at it snowing like crazy!!   Just when ALL of our snow and ice had "finally" melted, it's back to Winter and that is NOT fun for me.

    I sure am thankful that I have this amazing hobby and that is why it never bothers me to be home so often.  I always have something to do and I'm never bored.  I only wish I had more energy and stamina some days, so I could create even more.

   Today, I'm happy to be sharing more new cards and these again were primarily inspired by challenge and also to try out some of my newest stamps and dies.   My first card features an adorable little "Dachshund" Stamp Set, called Marley with is from Taylor Expressions, another crafting store that I was amazed to find out I had never heard of!! Imagine that...two in one week!!    But, thanks to Heidi, a friend from the Hero Arts Group, who shared a link to this adorable new set, knowing I would LOVE it.   It's one of the brand new releases and I ordered it the day it came out.  You can find it HERE in the store and always see the amazing inspiration cards that the DT created with this set!  Love Love LOVE!!   I have also now shared, or should I say enabled, two other craft friends (who also own Doxies), Madeline and Fabre -- who also are now adding this sweet set to their craft stash!!

     I especially love that the Marley matching die is included!  I have already colored and die cut four little doxies, but have only had time to create one very simply card, which I'm sharing now ---


    Next is another card which features some more new things that I had bought from Reverse Confetti.  It's also a card I created to submit to their current color themed challenge and boy do I LOVE these vibrant fun colors.  They very much reminds me of Summer and and I was thrilled to play along.   First, I'm sharing the inspiration colors image for the challenge, which you can also find on the RC Blog HERE!



    Both sentiments are from this Reverse Confetti "Lots to Say" Stamp Set, and the sentiment banner and scalloped edge were also created with goodies from the store!!   I've already been back and placed a second order, because I am so LOVING this style and design!!   The heart is another die and the scalloped circle was cut on my Silhouette.  The little "chevron" images are the negatives pieces left over after using my new SU Chevron Punch, which I totally LOVE!!

   The next card I created was for the newest Card Chain Challenge that is hosted every month by Gigi (Deborah) on her BLOG Here!!  I really love being a part of this fun exchange and already have a wonderful little collection of cards from all over the world!!   Although I can NOT reveal my card yet, I did use this color combo and the theme of Valentine's Day for the card that I made to send out!! THe full reveal will be posted on Gigi's blog on February 1st, so feel free to stop by and if you are very quick, you can still sign up for the current challenge, as the deadline to sign up is tomorrow and all cards need to be mailed by the 20th!!

Color Palette for February

2014-01

Sketch Idea!
 2014-01

  You can find loads more details over on the Deborah's blog and along with more ideas and inspiration for making your card!!

   My last card for today was another Challenge inspired card and this one is for the current Challenge hosted over at Simon Says Stamps where are theme is "EMBOSS IT" -- Your choice of Heat Embossing or Dry Embossing!!  I actually did a little of each.  I embossed my card background with a cute Hero Arts Embossing Folder called DOTS and then also white heat embossed my Sentiment, which is one that was designed by Kristina Werner for SSS!    I also am trying out my brand new "SSS" Trio of Hearts die, which just arrived here yesterday!!  I totally LOVE all their Exclusive dies and stamps and I am so excited because they are now going to be sold at my LSS!!   That's right, no more shipping charges for waiting for me --- I can go to "Absolutely Everything" as I so love to do and find all these goodies there!  YIPPEE!!


    After putting it all together, I tied on a matching ribbon and used that for my Sentiment tag, which was created with a Stampin' up Punch and a simple eyelet from my older craft stash.   I also added a little wooden Studio Calico heart, which I colored with my Copics to match the card.  I then added a layer of Ranger's Crackle Accents to give it a fun look.   Here is a close up so you can see the heart a bit better and also the fact that I used foam tape to add this card front to my base.  I like the extra layered look and the added dimension it adds.


  And that is it for today!  I'm off now to get my "CCC" card emailed off to Gigi and then will get ready to package it up to send out on Tuesday.   There is no mail here in the US on Monday, due to the Martin Luther King Holiday!   I hope you are all having a nice Saturday evening and that your weather is a whole lot better than ours.   Hopefully, this snow is not going to add up much, but then again, I didn't even know it was going to snow at all, so I guess you never really know and that is very typical our weather her in New England!



3 comments:

Carol L said...

I saw a very plump red-breasted robin walking along the railing of our deck this morning, so is that a sign that we're going to have an early spring!? There were swarms of blackbirds and sparrows zooming around in our back yard for several hours today, and I don't think I've ever seen that many birds in January here in PA! Love everything, but you know the doxie card had to be my favorite :) Adorable :)

jimlynn said...

All of these are so very pretty - but my heart belongs to that first card and Marley!!!!!!!!! He's so adorable and love your card and that bright sun. I just received my stamp and die earlier this week and can't wait to use it too. He's such a little cutie!
Lynn

debby4000 said...

What a treat 3 fabulous cards, love the adorable Marley card but your heart card is gorgeous and my favourite.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".