It started with my plan to make a card for the newest challenge over at CASology, where the theme is "Bubbly". Sounds pretty easy, right? I thought so too, that was until my ideas did not work out, quite how I imagined.

I knew right away that this would be a good time to put my Cameo back into use, since I have not used it in weeks. Well that did not go well at first, and I am not sure what is wrong with it, but I'm a bit worried as to why my machine seems to be acting up. At first, it would not cut and my computer could not seem to realize the Cameo was connected. After fiddling with that quite a bit, I realized it was not well connected to the USB port, so I moved it to a new port and Yippee, it worked. Well, I should say it realized it was connected again, but now decided it was not going to place nice and cut for me? I went through 3 blades and 3 or 4 sheets of cardstock before I could get a decent cut and that's something that has not happened in ages? The first time, I just figured my blade was old, so I put in a brand new one...that one, was apparently defective, as it was not cutting and ripped the paper?? Ugh!! I hate when that happens and so after my third attempt, it did finally cut. Now I need order a few more, as this blade issue is NOT new to me and I know there are definitely still bad blades out on the market...BUMMER!! But, I have to also stay that Silhouette's Customer Service has been fabulous and has happily replaced blades for me before and hopefully still will!!
Once that was resolved and I finally got a decent cut, I decided that I did not really like the design and it really was not a good example of CAS, because it did take me SO long to make it. I wanted to do "bubble blowing" card and found a cute cut file, but that gave me a lot of trouble, so I gave up on that idea and went with the funky bubbly background.
However, now that it's done and think it just doesn't represent "bubbly" in the way that I hoped. I think I maybe I continue to use my 3D Crystal Lacquer to fill in each of the circles, it may be better? Not sure, but it's simply not what I had hoped.
So....I decided to make a second card and for this one I wanted to cut a cute little fish and then make some kind of "bubbles" like there would be if he was underwater. I found a cute design, and quickly and my fish cut (in white) and then colored him with my Copics and also added texture embossing him in my Cuttlebug. I added WInk of Stella for more sparkle to his fins and tail and more crystal
UPDATE: Right in the middle of my post, my dogs decided it was time to eat and then I ended up having my dinner and by that time I was too tired to come back online and finish up this post. Now after spending most of my morning doing paperwork and some much needed "shredding" -- I am HAPPY to be online again!
And even though I'm NOT loving either of my cards, I did decide to submit the second card to the CASology challenge and I feel it's truly the CAS card and more of what I had in mind, even though I am NOT fully loving it. I feel it needs more, but without my MOJO, I'm lacking in creative ideas!! Maybe I'll be very luck and come up with an even better idea today and then decide to submit that card instead!!
In the meantime, this is my sweet little "Hello Friend" card featuring a cute little fish and his "bubbles".
4 comments:
Lisa, that's so funny to read!! Keep your finished cards away from your dogs!! My cat often jumps on my table to watch what I'm doing and leave bits of fur all over my table!!
I hope I don't have your kind of trouble with my Silhouette! I've been lucky so far! Love your take on the cue card this week....fish air bubbles. Clever! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!
I hate those bad mojo days but I'm glad you pushed through and got some cards made. I like that you only added glossy accents to a few bubbles on the first card and I think your fish is adorable! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
After all that, I must say I do like both cards! I adore that embossed fish and the sweet little bubbles floating above! Thanks for playing along again at CASology this week!
Post a Comment