Go! I am being kind of silly today, but I can't seem to get the number "Three" off my mind and that all started when I saw the new Cue Card for the latest challenge being hosted this week over at CASology !

And from the moment I saw the cue card, all that seems to come to mind is sayings or things that all related to the number three. One, Two, Three...or Three, Two, One, or the old poem "Three Blind Mice"....those three special words that we all love to hear, "I Love You"...and on and on! And even though all these "3's" were flying through my brain, I have to admit that this challenge did stump me for a bit because, I wasn't sure how to put any of those "3's" into a card! Even when I did decide the card I did want to create, it turned out to the a total "Bust"....or "Fail Card", as I call them.
I'll start by sharing that one with you, because I always share the good and the bad and although this idea I have used before, I simply do not at all like how this little "Happy Birthday" turned out. I had the goal of making it for a three year old girl, and that's where the pink came into play, however, I am NOT at all happy with how it turned out! Bleck! Needless to say, this card will NOTbe submitted to the challenge.
My "Fail" Card
And this was the inspiration I had used, to create that card. It's another card where I used the same basic theme and even the same Hero Arts - Digital Number Kit, but the first version, seemed to be so much better. Don't you agree?
My Inspiration Card
And I think the main reason, is because of the colors and all the extras that I put into the first card. But, then again, I really can't really consider that card, a CAS style card, as it clearly has lots of details, lots of layers and also took a lot longer to create than a CAS card typically should.
So....I went back to my desk and decided for my next attempt, with a goal of creating a card much more in the "Clean and Simple" style of design. I found another Hero Arts digi image on the wonderful "Hero Arts - Flowers for All Occasions" CD, that I am so fortunate to own. I bought this a while back on Hero's website and it has over 150 amazing floral images! I do HOPE that Hero will bring them back again so that everyone can own these flowers. Many were originally sold as stamps, but are also now retired! If you ever see this at a Yard Sale --- grab it! Here is a picture of my CD cover so that you can see what it looks like. I'll bet you'll love it as much as I do!!
The image that I chose for my second card is a very simple one, yet it is perfect for the challenge -- Three Tulips! I did some editing to change the colors to make it more "purple", my favorite of course, and then simply printed out the image on some white cardstock. I then picked out same matching cardstock and layered on my tulip image. To keep in the theme of "three" I added three matching rhinestones to finish my card. I was going to add the sentiment "I Love You", but decided to leave it plain, so that I can use it in many ways! I'm much happier with this card and this is the card I will be submitting to the CASology challenge! Please let me know if you think, this was the better choice.
My Card for CASology
I am so much happier with this card and think it's much better for a challenge that is geared toward "Clean and Simple" designs.
I have one more card to share, #3 today (see more threes again) and this card also featured another of my favorite Hero Arts Digital images. This one can still be purchased and is part of this kit, which you'll find HERE at the a2z Scrapbooking Store. If you follow me on a regular basis, you'll see that I have used this kit quite a bit, to make some really fun and easy new Christmas Cards and this is another! I also want to add the the store has a new shipment of the latest "Hero Arts" - Handmade for Christmas, goodies back in stock too! Plus, as one of my blog followers, you can free free to use my promo code - LISAH15 - to save 15% off any orders of $25.00 and up (excluding shipping). You can even use it for the Digital Kits, and/or a combination of Digital items and the new Christmas line.
For today's version of my cute little "Feathered Friends" card I changed my colors to have him on a deep blue background and also added the digi "Merry Christmas" sentiment in gold color. When that did not print out, quite like I hoped, I used a fine line glue pen over each of the letters, then colored that with Hero's Gold Embossing powder and heat embossed the sentiment. I also used some Gems for her pretty eyes and used a Clear Wink of Stella marker to highlight the "Mistletoe" he's holding. I rounded all four corners and layered him onto a piece of deep navy cardstock and then popped that up off of a cream card base. Another very easy hybrid card to add to my Christmas stash.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stay tuned for some fun new things coming soon. In the meantime, I hope you are all settling nicely into the Fall season. I'm still not ready to give up on Summer and especially excited to be leaving in just one more week for California. Hopefully, it will be wonderful weather, and in San Diego, where the kids live, it's pretty much awesome every day.
6 comments:
Lovely purple MARVEL, wow how magnificent is this??!!! VERY!! Thanks for much for joining us at CASology this week!!!
Lisa great interpretations of three! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology, goodo to see you here!
Great card! I have never seen that CD from Hero Arts... looks great.
I think that all of your cards are very nice, but the one for CASology is the most CAS, so I am happy that is the one you decided to submit. The white and purple are so stunning together. I see you are headed to San Diego soon--wave to me, because that is where I live! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.
Dear Lisa..miss Purple...I agree with you the purple and white tulips looks more CAS and stand out than 3 of number card in pink..your other/past version is more lovely ..you are also right and the last catd uiii its cutie pie...luv it...I remember as I was on flickr Hero Arts ..I was active there and ever seen winner on Hero Arts challenge with that birdie but in small version...you are so great using CD from Hero Arts...I always bought HA stamp on store never buy CD dear Lisa...good luck with CASology challenge...if you pop by my last post I also used purple (twine) but only in mini parts...hugs...from Germany(also purple lover :))
Monika
I love that you shared the first card even though you weren't thrilled with it. I think it's just fine but we're always our own worst critics aren't we? I love your tulip card - the white flowers pop so fabulously off of the purple! And that chubby Christmas birdie just makes me smile! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
Post a Comment