Friday, September 5, 2014

Woohoo!! Happy Days are back!!

    After a very long and stressful Fibro flare, I am super happy and excited to finally be back to feeling pretty darn good again -- Woohoo -- at Last!!    With this illness there are not very many days when you feel great, so I won't exactly say that, but after two weeks of feeling pretty darn miserable, the past two days seem awesome and that's making me a Happy Girl!

    Today, I also had some wonderful Happy Mail and that came in the form of a prize that I won from Jennifer McGuire's blog.   She is always so kind and generous, as are the stores and manufacturers who donate lots of the fabulous goodies that Jennifer gives to her followers.    I was delighted to win the prize from this POST, which was two amazing stamp sets from Altenew, who I already know and love.  Ironically, the two sets that I won, were both sets that I had on my "wish list", but had not purchased -- and now I don't have to, because I won them!   Yay!!   I also won some very adorable and fun embellishments which are from a company called Color Cast Designs and one I know of from being one of Jennifer's Subscribers.  First, I will start by sharing pics of the stamps sets, which also include links to the stores, for your shopping please!  The first set was also the set that Jennifer water-colored, so gorgeously in the video shown HERE!   Love, Love, Love how that card came out and I can't wait to try something similar.  I also recently bought the wonderful watercolor paints that Jennifer has also recommended in this post.  I had a gift certificate to Amazon from my Birthday and was very happy to use it to pick up a set of the Kuretake Gansai Japanese Watercolors--(pictured below).   I also totally agree with Jennifer's love of the Peerless Watercolors and have had a set of those for quite some time. Beautiful vibrant colors!!

  
Persian Motifs

Painted Flowers

  On top of that wonderful prize,  I also won some very cool acrylic type 'card bling' as I call it, from Color Cast Designs.   A sweet variety of the different elements you'll see HERE, in their store! 

  My thanks to Jennifer, Altenew, (Jen and Tasnim) and Color Cast Designs for your generosity and fabulous gifts!  They are all awesome and these are products I know I will love and use.   

           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I also recently had a fun little spree at a2z Scrapbooking, as well as at my LSS, when I was there taking a fun Gelli Arts technique class!    Because I have not felt good enough to craft lately, I decided I would share some pics of my new goodies!  I do HOPE to have some new projects to share after the weekend and am very much looking forward to spending time catching up with my card-making and my favorite challenges.

   In the meantime -- here are some of my new goodies, most are form the brand new "Handmade for Christmas" release from Hero Arts, available now at the a2z Store!   



And a slightly different view!
As you can see I also bought a new small
"Gelli Plate", some Gold Leafing, and extra 
acrylic paints -- all for Gelli Printing!


    Since then, the new STAMPtember release has also been release from Simon Says Stamps and I used more of my birthday money to buy some new goodies from them.  My order unfortunately, has not shipped yet, but hoping it will soon because I'm so ready to create and my focus will be on "Christmas" for the next several weeks -- I LOVE making Christmas Cards and can't wait to add some to my stash!!
  
    I also want to remind you not to forget about your chance to win a $25.00 Gift Card for taking part in our new monthly challenges over at the a2z Scrapbooking Blog!  Our theme for the month of September is your choice of "Fall or Christmas" and the Design Team has been sharing some wonderful inspiration on the blog too, so be sure to stop by and check out their newest creations!  In the meantime, if you are shopping at the a2z Store, please feel free to use my DT Promo code, to save 15% off any order of $25.00 and up (excluding shipping).  Simply enter = LISAH15during the checkout process the the 15% will automatically be deducted from your order --- and yes, you can even use it on the BRAND NEW Hero goodies, as well as the Digital line and even the SALE products!    Happy Shopping!!    

    The countdown has begun --  In 12 days I'll be off to San Diego to visit my son and daughter-in-law and I can hardly wait!!  I miss them both so much and have been looking forward to this trip and some nice relaxation time.


     
    And just before I come back home, there's a also a brand new class coming to the "Online Card Classroom" and this one is all about "Copics", my all time favorite markers!  It's called "Copics for Card-Makers" and it starts on Monday, September 22nd, which also happens to be Brian and Meghan's Anniversary!   I'll still be in California when class starts, and hopefully will have a little time to watch the daily videos.  If not, I'm sure I can catch up when I'm back home, later that week!

    I was going to pass up this class, since I will miss a few days but then I knew I'd be disappointed and since I do LOVE my Copics, there was no way I could not take part!   If you are interested, you can go HERE for all the details!   I'm thrilled to already be enrolled and have already printed out some of my practice sheets, which I may take to color on the plane!   I wasn't going to pack up too many craft things, for this trip, but I figured if I only take one small box of say 36 Markers, and choose my favorite colors, that will keep be busy.  Plus, I gave Bri and Meg the 36 Piece Copic Anniversary Set, last year, and I'm sure, they'll share them with me.  They both are very creative and with Meghan in Design/Architecture School, they also like to use them for drawing and coloring. 

    Luckily, I have taken quite a few different Copic classes, over the years, so I know a lot of the basics and I'm sure that will be what is covered in the first few days.  I also watched the great intro videos that Sandy Allnock and Kristina Werner, have already shared with the class and think this one, will be extra fun.  I also am thrilled that Kathy Rasoosin is going to be a guest teacher, as I adore her Copic Coloring and already follow her blog too!   



   

2 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Awesome Lisa! Glad you are feeling well...those are two on the top of my wish list also! Have fun playing girl!

Kelly Latevola said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Lisa! That is quite a lovely haul you have there. I can't wait to see what you make with it all :)

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".