And I am off.....
...and by the time you read this, I'll be in flight heading to Columbus, Ohio to attend Simon Says Stamp CREATE 2015 ! Woohoo!
I had wanted to attend this event when it was held back in the Spring of 2014, but it just did not work out and was sold out, pretty much instantly. Luckily, as soon as I heard it was being hosted this year, I started making plans and I'm thrilled that it's finally here. I'm also super excited to be meeting up with friends, one of which is my dear craft friend, Pat Crank, who will also be flying in from Virginia and will be my roommate and classmate for the entire weekend. We both met about 7 or 8 years ago in a fun online craft community and have been friends ever since. I can't begin to tell you how many truly wonderful friends I have met through the "craft" world and they are some of the kindest and most caring people ever. I also met Pat, once before when we both attended a fun craft retreat down in Baltimore a few years ago. I'm so happy that she wanted to go too and am very much looking forward to spending time with her again.
On top of that I have two friends (Karen and Frank Majewski), who live up in the Cleveland area and they too will be coming down to the Hotel so we can hang out and have dinner on Saturday. I have not seen either of them for over twenty five years, so this is also very special. As a matter of fact, I actually lost touch with them for several years and then just about two years ago, "found" Karen on Facebook and we starting keeping in touch again. It will be so fun to see them after all these years.
Plus, there will be a whole bunch of great "friends" from the craft community, that I've been dying to meet, included several the amazing designers who will be teaching this weekend. I have had the pleasure of meeting and taking classes with Jennifer McGuire, when she came to my LSS "Absolutely Everything" to teach a few years ago. I adore her and am one of her number one fans. Now not only do I get to see her again, but I will also be meeting and takings classes with Shari Carroll, Kristina Werner, Laura Bassen and Kelly Marie! How cool is that. I'm also planning to meet up with Kathy Racoosin, who I think is a superstar when it comes to coloring. Even though Kath, is not teaching at the event this year, she'll be there and we have plan to get together ...we've wanted to meet for a long time, and that makes this weekend so special to me.
I feel totally blessed to know these wonderful ladies and they have all been so kind to supportive during my cancer battle. They have sent me some stunning cards, all of which I'll cherish forever. I'm very lucky to call them my 'friends' and truly feel they are some of the best people, I've ever met...thank you all for being so sweet to me...and for all the hugs, thoughts and prayers. There is not doubt to me that the power of prayer, positive thinking and fantastic doctors, has helped me win my battle! I'm one lucky lady and feel very fortunate!!
If YOU are going to CREATE, or planning to come by the Conference Center to do some shopping at the onsite "Simon Says Stamp" store, please look me up! You can reach me via email or on Facebook! Feel free to message me ! I hope to meet lots of my wonderful online friends!!
Wishing everyone who is going SAFE and HAPPY travels! I'll be posting some updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Stay Tuned!!
2 comments:
Have a fabulous time Lisa. Take pictures!
Have a wonderful time Lisa, post photos and just enjoy, hugs, Lori m
Post a Comment