It's been a LONG cold, damp and rainy week, but today it's a nice beautiful SUN filled day and boy it is nice. It poured rain all night, so I was pleasantly surprised when I got up and saw the sun coming up. The temps right now 2Pm, are up in the 70's and I can finally open the windows again...it's Fabulous.
Today, I finally ventured out again, first time since Monday! I headed to the Post Office to pick up a couple books of "Forever Stamps" before the price increase on Monday and then went down to our little local Candy Store and bought my Mom some of their Homemade Candy Fruit slices as part of her Mother's Day gift. Then I headed to the garden store and bought her a gorgeous hanging plant. It's one of the combination planters and it's really pretty. I had hoped for something in peach or pink, but they didn't have any. They only had blue/purple and yellow and so I did get that! Personally, (I Love it!). It's a combination of deep purple mini petunias, bluish verbena and a yellow daisy like flower, that I don't' know the name off. I will post a picture something this weekend, when I upload the rest of my pictures. I also bought a few annual that I used to fill my 3 deck railing boxes and planted those when I came home. I bought ALL purple for me...no surprise there.
Now...I'm beat, but it was NICE to be outside and enjoying some sun. Sounds like it won't last too long and it's already a bit cloudy now...Bummer!
This weekend I need to finish my projects for the Craft Room in the MISfits and also my Mom' card and the rest of her gift? Sunday, I'll go down and delivery them and probably then come home back and rest/relax. Part of my Mom's Day gift from DH and the boys is always that they DO all the Sunday Chores, all the laundry, cooking and cleaning every Mother's Day and I get the WHOLE day off. Woohoo!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and those of you who are Mom's or have Mom's enjoy a nice day with your family!
Hugs and Happy thoughts too all the Mom's!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Little About Me
- ThePurplePlace
- Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
- Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".
No comments:
Post a Comment