Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Sunny Sunday....

...but a very chilly one too! It was only 40 degrees out when I first woke up! I miss SUMMER so much already and it's not even really that cold...YET! The forecast for mid week had one day that the high was only in the 40's...Brrrr! I asked DH to be sure to bring in some WOOD and Kindling today, so I can have a nice fire going in our wood stove on the cold days.

Today, I have a urge to want to take a ride up to AC Moore and do a bit of shopping. I want a few photo boxes are than are ON-SALE today and tomorrow ONLY, plus I have a 50% off coupon for two days only. I just send an email to my friend Patty to see if she feels like going, if not, I'll go tomorrow...! I hate passing up GOOD sales and I want a few more Halloween decorations, which are also on-sale!!


I've been spending lots of time crafting in the past two day and finished some cards that I'm working on for a Challenge and a Halloween card. The Challenge was to "sew" on a card (ya right)...I am so NOT a gal who can sew, LOL! But, you could also use markers to 'create' a stitched look and that's what I did. I have to say I am NOT thrilled with any of my results...but after trying "3" times...I'm tired of it, so I'm moving on. These are the cards I made for the Challenge.....






I also finished up my Project 365 Page for this week and it's all about my new Pink Expression. I named it PINK LOVE, since I do LOVE LOVE my new Expression. After using a Baby Bug for so long, it's really awesome to have a nice big machine, but I also still really enjoy my Baby Bug and so I have decided to keep it. It's worth far to me, then it would be to sell it. It's in excellent condition and I know I would take a big loss to sell it so I won't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yippee! Patty just called me and we are going to go to AC Moore tomorrow! Actually, that will work out better as both are DH's are working and that way we can SHOP away and they won't be asking us all about what we bought...that they might "think" we could NOT possibly need! LOL! They simply do not understand how MUCH we LOVE craft things and how we can NEVER really have enough.



No comments:

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".