Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy FRIDAY!!

...WOOHOO!!  It's a gorgeous Friday with bright blue skies, lots of sunshine and LOW...yes low humidity...at last!  It feel so good to have dry air and it makes me and my little feet, feel much better too.  No swelling..and no aching -- what a nice relief.
    Today, I am going to start on a card that will be a surprise.  I was asked to create a special card for one of my favorite groups and I'm very excited, but its' going to be a secret for now.  I'll be sure to post it when it's time.   I am very excited and now just HOPE I can come up with a really nice card.  It feels to good to be creating and I'm thrilled to have another day of feeling well.  Yippee!!
     Yesterday, ended up being a great day and after I updated my blog,  I had a nice phone call from my friend Melanie.  It's always so nice to hear from any of my craft friends and Melanie is also such a sweetie.  I've been blessed to meet so many wonderful friends though crafting and that's another reason why this hobby is so special to me.  Mel has also been joining in on lots of the challenges and SSC and it's been fun to be posted cards together.  After we chatted a while, I was anxious to get to work on two more cards for SSC challenges.  Both are actually color themed cards, and this first card was for the Color Combo Challenge and the colors we had to use were: Black, White, Red and Green.  This is my card and it was really fun, yet easy to make.

  My second card for was this week's card challenge and that was also a color based challenge with a twist.  We had to use four of six colors (Red, Blue, Pink, Purple, Gray and Yellow) and include stripes.  I started by finding some striped paper that was - Purple, Yellow and Pink, and picked Gray as my card base.  I also added a second layer of yellow cardstock that I embossed, and another layer of pink and then added a flower made of up of all the colors.  It's not my favorite card, as it turns out, but I'm happy I completed the challenge.
    I'm off now to start on my new project and I am also finishing up a birthday card for my niece.  I hope you all are enjoying your Friday and finding lots of time to create!  

Hoping for a wonderful weekend too!!


 

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Great cards Lisa. Love the purple one with the stripes. I need to start some challenges. You did a great job on both cards.

Unknown said...

Lisa, cute cards! I love the second one for it is so soft and peaceful looking...KWIM? LOL Can't wait to see your secret! Red, white and black look good together! hugz

Jennifer said...

Really wonderful creations Lisa! xx Jenny xx

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".