Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Thursday -- More Challenge Cards!

  Hi everyone!  How are you doing?  What have you been up too? Are you enjoying Summer!!  I know that despite the heat, I still LOVE Summer and will take a HOT summer day any time over a cold winter day.  I'm glad though that our temps are down a bit, although it's still pretty hot and humid.  It will be another quiet day for me, spend mostly in my craft room, creating and staying cool.  I want to start on some re-oranizing, as I seem to be OUT of room again, but I think it might still be too hot today.  We'll see how it goes and I am going to take my time.
  I did finish up two cards this morning that I started yesterday.    My first card is for the Midweek Throwdown Challenge over at the the Stars and Stamp Blog, and this weeks challenge we had this photo as our inspiration.  
  And this was another HARD one, I played around with a few different ideas and nothing was working out!  I just do NOT seem to have the right colors for this project.  This morning, I started over and came up with this card, which I admit is still really not the right colors, but I do like how it worked out and I think it works?


  My next card was for a challenge over at SSC.  This is a newly named challenge called 'Creative Corner' and at first I didn't think I would do very well on this either.  I seem to really be struggling this week, but I did NOT really want to give up, so I kept going.  The idea was to create a project using two particular elements.  One was some recycled or re-purposed item, and the second was to incorporate some newspaper or book print.   I started by digging through my scrap bin and pulled out a bunch of die cuts, some paper scraps and also a old butterfly that had once been on a different project.    Next, I took out some distressed ink and distressed everything to give it a more aged look.  It was very much a mish-mash or colors, but once I distressed it all, it all kind of come together and this was the card I created!  Kind of funky and unusual for me.  But FUN! 

   The best part about these two challenges is that they have really pushed me to again think out of the box and work with amterial that I normal do not use often.  In the end, I liked both cards, and really liked the distressed ink card the best.  I really do liek that look and think I'll try to use it more often in my craft!
   I'm off now in search of another challenge, I think my next one may be the Color Combo challenge at SSC or maybe a Sketch Challenge for Pink Gem Designs.  
   
  Hugs to all my friends....... 

   And to my wonderful Hubby - 
Happy Anniversary!!


Love you!
Me
   

5 comments:

helloholley said...

Well,Happy Anniversary to you guys!!! I really liked both of your cards,they turned out just beautiful!!! Enjoy your anniversary ;)

Sherry Hickey said...

Love the big bold flowers on your first card; the 2nd card is a really neat collage! Happy Anniversary!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Nice cards today Lisa! I just had to go rescue my daughter who's bike had 2 flat tires, you're right it's hot out there! My desktop says it's 110 at the moment.

Paula S. said...

Very pretty work on the OWH challenge card. It's just bursting with texture and color, love it!

Pryn said...

Happy belated anniversary Lisa!!! I hope you and your hubby had a wonderful evening filled with love and laughter! I bet he flipped over this adorable card!!!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".