Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another rainy day....

......So much for Spring?  I don't know what happened to Spring this year...?   It's kind of like my post from Thursday....still missing and who knows when it will be back?   After such a long winter, I was so excited for the nice weather and although we've had a few days, we've had a lot more lousy days!  On the upside I am very thankful that we have not had any floods or nasty storms and my heart goes out to everyone who has been affected by that horrible weather.   When you think of how bad it could be, it quickly reminds you to be grateful for what you do have and that I am! 

    Today, I'm also thankful to be warm and enjoying creating in my craft room.  I had planned to go to a big Yard Sale being held at my LSS, but the weather was simply too lousy this morning, so I decided to stay home and I'm sure that idea also saved me money too. 

     I have some new challenge cards to share and have more that I am working on too.  I'm starting today with the new CAS Challenge over at 'The Outlawz'.  Our theme this week is 'Wedding' and the inspiraiton cards the gals created are awesome.   This is my card and I am truly enjoying learning more and more how to create this style of cards.

   My  Wedding/Love card was also inspired and submitted to each of these new challenges:
   My next card was one I started yesterday and finished up this morning and it was inspired by this weeks' challenge over at 'Catch the Bug'.   I also thought it was a really fun card to create and my adorable little image and sentiment are from Bugaboo Stamps and are perfect for anyone who loves to craft as much as I do.
  My 'Nuts about Crafting' card is being submitted to each of these fun challenges and you are ALL welcome to play along.
  My next card also featured another new digi I bought at Bugaboo during the sale and this card was inspired by the brand new challenge today over at 'Through the Craftroom Door'.   

 
   This card is being submitted to these fun challenges!
    And now I am off to work on my next card which will be for a brand new challenge over at the Color Me Creative Classroom, which you can find here!   The Challenge Group is open to all and is perfect for anyone who loves to color with Copics, as they are required.   You can find all the details of the new challenge HERE along with a wonderful inspiration image.   Hope you'll come over and play along!



   Update:   I finished up my card for the Copic Challenge over at CMC and came back to share it on my blog!  Hope this will inspire you to come on over and join the challenge!
  

   I think that is about all I can manage for today, but I sure have had a very productive and creative day.  Now it's time to pick up my room, as right now, it looks like a disaster area!
  Note to Marilyn - You left a comment asking how I create my circular shaped cards.  These cards in particular were cute using the Grand Nestie Dies in my new Grand Calibur.   However, I have created others using Circular shaped dies in my Cuttlebug  and also by using a using a circle-cutter!   Using the Grand Calibur is by far the fasest and easiest and was one of my major reason for buying it.  I used nestie shapes on almost every card I make and had been using them in my Cuttlebug, but upgraded to the GC a few months ago and totally LOVE it.  I sits on the corner of my work desk and is used daily!!  

  I simply take a piece of cardstock, folder it in half, and play the top of the die, just a bit above the top of the fold and run it through the Grand Calibur!  Love IT!!   Here is a great article and tutorial from Craft Critique, writting by Kandi Phillips, who shows you a variety of options!    Also:   If you own a Cricut or Expression you can use it to also cut a variety of card shapes!  

21 comments:

Marilyn said...

I love, love your purple round card. Can you explain how you made it. I would love to know. I particularly love round cards, but haven't mastered how to do it.

Tracey Manderson said...

Oh Purple, my favourite!! love all your cards! Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden.
Hugs
Tracey

Roxann said...

You have been most productive, Lisa! Wow, such gorgeous cards! Love all.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Wedding card! Thanks for joining us @ Creative Cowgirls Challenge!

paper fun said...

All love all 4 of your cards. You used such lovely colors.

You are not alone in your misadvente with Blogger. Blogger seems to have eaten quite a few posts.But I am glad that you reposted your cards, as they are all so lovely.

Thanks for joining us in our white plus one challenge at CYDA.

Mari

Iulia said...

Hi Lisa! All your card are beautiful and elegant! Love the sentiments you have chosen to go with and the funny "robot" card!
Thanks for sharing it with us at the Emerald Faeries Garden and hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Iulia

Ronda Archangelo said...

Wow Lisa...you've been one busy crafter and all the cards match your purple blog, of course! Beautiful too! Hope to see you again at the Emerald Faerie Garden.

Natalie Z said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely Stunning Cards Lisa!!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Emerald Faeries Garden Challenge.

Hugs Natalie xx

Unknown said...

Lisa all four cards are precious! I love your designing and ideas!! You always amaze me and these are super great! Love the CAS wedding card!! We are nutz for crafting! Hugz xoxoxo Colleen

Tracey said...

Hi Lisa, hope you are keeping well :) You have been busy again & I love all your cards (as always).
Take care & have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Jodie Mackrell said...

HI Lisa! fabulous creations! I love all of them! So glad you could join this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Tammy said...

WOW Lisa all of these are gorgeous!! I LOVE your round cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
Tammy :)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OK....another image I don't have....nuts about crafting....going to get it too and do a little scraplifing....so CUTE!!!

Anita said...

Beautiful work. Thank you for joining in the Divas by Design Challenge.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Liz.....I can not find the girl angel sitting down, nor the Nuts about crafting.....looked everywhere. What are the exact names so I can look better? thanks cely celybeachatcharter.ndot net

karen said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining fab n funky this week, really hope to see you again,Karenx

Tracy said...

Such cute cards, wonderful. You have been busy!
Thanks for sharing at Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs
Tracy

Melissa S. said...

I always love comeing by your blog. You always have the best projects. Love the stripes and polka dots you did for the Bugaboo Challenge and the Day For Daisies is beautiful too. Thanks so much for joining us at Bugaboo this week.

paper fun said...

Lisa, I love all of your work!!!

I love all the embossing on the wedding card (I am wearing my Craft Your Days Away hat.)

Thanks for joining us.

See you soonin the Color Me Classroom,

Mari

Maire Gamber said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous, gorgeous!

Ruby said...

Lots of loveliness to see here!! Love your card for the Color Me Creative 'white' challenge, the flower looks lovely with the sparkle! Thanks for playing along!

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".