Friday, August 24, 2012

A little update...

.....Today has been another productive day of organizing and I am very happy to have almost finished going through all the cube spaces in my larger Expedit unit.  I still have two of the big pink cubes that  I need to work on, but I did clean out every area, dusted and washed everything down and ended up moving ALL my binders to the top, which gave me more space in the cubes!    Here are some new updated pictures....a slow process, but every day I accomplish more and more.




    One of my next tasks, will be going though a huge selection of ribbon, that is overflowing in one on my pink cubes, along with two ribbon shelves and also four more "Rings" which are also totally full of ribbon, not to mention the ten or so more rolls I came across today!!  Yes, I have a love for Ribbon, but this is a bit TOO much!!


  
    Once I started to feel tired and achy, I knew it was time to relax a bit, so I cleared off my desk and went to work on two new cards.    The first card is very simple and not one I really like, at all!   I wanted to see if I could use up some of my "older" paper I had come across and I'm learning that I no longer have any LOVE for this paper.  It will be heading to our recycle center tomorrow, along with another huge pile of  very outdated things!    Does this look familiar to anyone?  I think it may have been a very old DCWV Stack???   To me...it's now ugly...pretty yuk!!  




  Even the flowers on this are old and the trim was one of many small pieces in had in my Ribbon drawer.  I guess it's not the worst card ever, but it's not one I love either and will be headed to the recycle center too!

  My next card had me trying out a brand new Stamp and Die that I picked up at my LSS when I was there on Tuesday.  It's a sweet set by Memory Box and I decided I wanted to try my first little tree card today.  I kept it ALL in green, so that I can also submit it to the new CASology Challenge!!  

    I started by stamping a few of the tree images all onto Neenah Solar White cardstock.  I then created a mask with my die so that it could color up my trees and then know exactly how to line up the die.  I love how Memory Box added the little holes on each side of the matching dies, just this purpose!!  I also learned how to use them after taking a class from Dave.  I am also sharing a video (by Patter at Memory Box), that shows you how you can use the stamps and die sets and get a perfect cut every time!


  Both the new die and the stamp are from the just released Holiday 2012 collection and the die is called "Trendy Trees" which you can see HERE!!  The Stamp is also called "Trendy Trees" which you'll see here.  I feel in love with them the first day I saw them, but was good.  I waited until I had my birthday money and bought them at that time.   Being that I am in the middle of purging so much, I want to be very picky about what new things I add and this is one set I already know I'll use often!!


  Here is my "Trendy Tree" card which I think is cute!!  I colored it this time with Copics, all green and yellow green only.  I added a piece of green ric-rak and my card and adhered it all onto one of my Hero Hues Card, and it was done.   Very plain and simply, but easy and fun too!   I think this set is one I'll use often and already have some other ideas.   I want to try Distress Inks and then also want to paper-piece it!!   


   I am also submitting my Trendy Tree card to today's new "Insprire Me Friday" challenge, which you'll find HERE and to the new Color Combo Challenge, being hosted this week at Party Time Tuesdays!   I encourage you all to come an join all of these awesome challenges!!  

    And that's it for today!   I feel good about how well my room is coming along and I sure have boxes and boxes of goodies to donate, so that's also a good thing.  Tomorrow, I want to try and spend another day organizing, but a little more time creating too!  I had originally planned to spend more time crafting today, but once I was started, I was on a roll and had no place to create, until I finished cleaning off my desk!! 

 Bye bye for now!!  I hope you all have a nice Friday and as always -- Happy Crafting!!

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Looks fabulous Lisa, hard work pays off. Your card is stunning. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Those trees are fabulous! They are definitely on my wish list now! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Barbara said...

Oh Lisa, I know what you are going through. I too am in the process of organizing..not my strong point!! I am glad to hear that you are donating your extra stash not just throwing. We have an independent living complex and the ladies love to make their own cards. You could also donate the cards you are not in love with to them too. I am thinking about sending cards to our local nursing home. Some residents just don't get mail and would be delighted to receive some. You might want to talk to the office to see how to address it. You have inspired me:) keep up the great work. Hugs

Rosemary said...

your CASology card is fantastic, lisa!! thanks for playing along with us!

Carole said...

You do look organised, what I can see from the photos of your crafting space, inspires me to get on and organise my own supplies in my new crafting room. Cards are great too. Hugs C x

Lisa Stenz said...

Both cards are great! Love 'em! I also love how you have organized the goodies on your cubes! I especially like the blue and black storage binders on top. Love those colors together! *Ü*

Angel said...

Oh my goodness, your room does look good and organized. Is there any better feeling than that when you walk into your craft room? Love it, and your Trendy Tree Card is so fun. Good to see you in class, don't over due so you miss out, I know how that works too well.

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".