Thursday, August 9, 2012

Today's Creations!!

   I've had another fun day of creating and now I'm here to share my latest cards.   I'm not doing to hot with my typing today, since my back is bothering me, so most of the post will be about the card and the theme or challenge that inspired me to create it.

   The first challenge I looked at today, was the Twisted Thursday challenge at The Outlawz and it's fun new challenge that can be any theme, but you'll need to include lace or ribbon and also be a Birthday Themed card.  I was not sure what I was going to make, but I did not that I wanted to use some cool new "paper lace" that I had picked up recently at my LSS.

   That's that I started looking at the pile of ideas on my desk and decided I would use one of this months' Sketches from Hero Arts to as the design for my card.   I am not sure who crates the wonderful design, for hero, but I sure to DO love them!!  

ha-august2012-sketches

    I chose to use the design above on the lower left and wanted to be sure to use my paper lace, along the bottom, as the scalloped edge of my card.  I had also decided that I not only wanted to use the lace, but would also use a Ribbon and a Happy Birthday Sentiment.  I did move my sentiment a bit, but otherwise tried to say fairly true to the sketch and this is my card.

   I started with a piece of Black Glossy Cardstock that I cut down to the standard A2 Size.  I cute my paper lace to fit and then added a layer of Ribbon on top and two gold pears.   My sentiment and the tiny candle care both from the Big Hugs CL345 set of clear stamps from Hero.  I also plan to submit this card to their August Challenge!!

  I also decided to challenge my self to use the sketch to created two more cards, so that I would have one made from each of the three sketches.   Next I chose the top sketch which is the square card with a circular center.   I cut my card out of white cardstock and then used two Spellbinder sets to create various sized cuts of circles and Scalloped circles in a variety of matching papers.   My Sentiment "You Brighten My Day", also came from the same Hero set and was stamped on white with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  The gorgeous little bling center, is part of a big Happy Mail package that I received yesterday.  Love it and in the end I also love how this card came out.  All the colors look very pretty together and I am totally loving my new "Chevron" embossing folder, which is from Stampin' Up!


    My next card is the card that was created based on the third sketch from Hero and I had also created another card with this sketch, which you can see back HERE!!   I had thought it was my favorite of the three, but know that I have made a card from each sketch...I really don't have a favorite the love them all.


  This card was the easiest and fasted to make and used up a lot of scraps of papers that were on my desk or in my scrap bin.  The teal cardstock has been used on the card above and the deep teal 'textured" cardstock was in my scrap pile, along with the Purple, which is from my favorite Memory Box Set - Viola.  I stocked up on this when they had it in stock at my LSS and still have quite a bit.  I love it because I has so much purple, along with teals and blues.   I love every piece in the the 6X6 Packs and also have some of my favorite (like this purple piece) in 12X12!   The sentiment was created by using a Memory Box "Double Ticket" die and cutting out the two tickets, I used the larger one for this card.  My Sentiment from a Hero Set (Thinking of You Messages - CL 140) and stamped in Dusty Concord Distress Ink.  I then layered that onto my patterned paper and use the same price to punch the hearts, which were created with a Stampin' Up punch.  

   My final card today was one that I created for Operation Write Home and was based on yesterday's Midweek Throwdown Challenge.  The theme this week is "Kid Cards" and I had this perfect little image from StampFairy.   Lenny Bear (my favorite Teddy), has been colored with Copics and Glossy Accents!  I added him to the front of the card and created an I Love You Sentiment on my computer!  I cut that out with a Spell binder die and added it to the bottom.  I cut the background (for Lenny) and bottom strip of the card from pre-textured cardstock.  The red dotted background was created from another large piece in my scrap bin.   I think it's card that anyone would be happy to receive, especially a child of a soldier who is away from home!!

                    
  
And that is it for today!!    I hope that tomorrow will another fun and creative day.   My goal is to sleep in, do my early morning stuff, (chores) and then hit my craft room.   I think it's going to be a lousy day, as we are expecting another front to come through, which is much needed.  We need to break the humidity again and also really can use a LOT of rain!!  Everything is very dry and the flowers are all staring to look very burnt out!!  I would LOVE a nice rainy cool day, those are days I that love spending inside, up in my craftroom!

3 comments:

JoAnn Ross said...

He is too adorable! I love him! And wow, what a productive day you had! Those are all great cards! If I stayed in my craft room on cool rainy days here in the PNW, I'd never leave. Though it did get up to 90 degrees and sunny (!!!) last week, so we headed to Mt Rainier to cool off. After all those yrs in Phoenix and TN, we came home to escape heat! I hope your back feels better soon!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards Lis!

Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

Trina said...

Fabulous! I really like that weaved looking paper on your purple card! How about I just saw your lovely face on Dyan R's blog? I felt like I knew a celebrity! :D

A Little About Me

My photo
Northeastern, Massachusetts, United States
Purple is my favorite color and ironically - Purple is the Awareness Ribbon color for Fibromyalgia, a chronic illness I lived with for over 18 years. In, March of 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer which had spread to my brain. I am fighting hard to win this battle and determined to beat it. I have a amazing Oncology Team, along with the LOVE and SUPPORT of all my family and friends! I am a Mom to two grown sons, Alex is now 25 and married to Acacia, my wonderful new "Daughter" and the parents to my precious Grand-Daughter Harper, and Brian amazingly is 30 and now lives in San Diego. My boys are the greatest loves of my life. Hubby, me and our two "Pups", Skye and Zeva, two adorable Chiweenies we rescued in 2012, all live very happily in a tiny coastal town in Massachusetts. We lost our dear "Scoutie", a Purebred Dachshund, in April of 2015. I still miss him and will forever cherish his memory. I am an avid card-maker and totally love every minute I can spend in my craft room. It's become my passion, a wonderful way to relax and is my form or "therapy".